[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• I regret to inform a lethal bug...

I have been playing on the FTB mindcrack/ultimate a lot recently, where I am an admin for a very close-knit community. I tried firing up my fusion reactor after the latest FTB ultimate update for my server city, because all the power had been removed because a server-side issue we had.

To compensate for the loss of fusion, the the other admins let me fire it back up with a quantum generator.

My form of automation for the reactor is buildcraft pipes that over-spill into thaumcraft golems(un-related).

When I tried to connect my quantum generator to the side, it connected to the buildcraft pipe, immediately followed by the entire TeamSpeak channel going crazy over the amount of lag.

No more than 5 seconds later and the entire server crashes. I can't get the server back up, so I get the head-admin on it. Server starts up, he is no where near the area, while I wait for my minecraft to start back up, I tell him to go visit to city for me, see if theres a problem, second he loads the chunk with the quantum generator the server crashes again.

My minecraft has started back up, Head admin has the server abck up, we know for sure the problem now. I have the glorious honor of working in a modding clan as a texture artist, so I know that I have a maximum of 4 minecraft ticks to break the entire assembly. I start up on the server, I am staring right at it, like at that moment when I had placed the generator, the server stopped relaying information.

I manage to destroy the quantum generator and the buildcraft pipe within my time-limit, but I cannot let this lethal bug go un-noticed.

In short quantum generators have no gui input/output slots. Buildcraft pipes made to put stuff into/take out of input/output gui slots. Buildcraft pipe connects regardless, and overloads the server checking for a valid gui, more or less a self-inflicted ddos...(But don't quote me on that, that is just my interpretation from my intuition)

~~positivePXL
    ~~admin bloodbrothersinc.

• Great mod!I love the advanced solars, and the advanced solar helmet was a stroke of genius. My only complaint is the lack of the additional quantumsuit effects on the ultimate solar helmet. I can understand it on the hybrid solar helmet, which is much less expensive, but as the ultimate solar helmet requires 20 iridium plates, I believe that it would only be fair to include the special quantum helmet effects on it. It is also extremely annoying to have to switch between helmets when fighting mobs such as cave spiders or wither skeletons, just to get rid of status effects. It also necessitates me having 2 HELMETS, which is an absurd waste of iridium! I hope you will consider my argument. :Diamond Drill:

• Official Post

Great mod!I love the advanced solars, and the advanced solar helmet was a stroke of genius. My only complaint is the lack of the additional quantumsuit effects on the ultimate solar helmet. I can understand it on the hybrid solar helmet, which is much less expensive, but as the ultimate solar helmet requires 20 iridium plates, I believe that it would only be fair to include the special quantum helmet effects on it. It is also extremely annoying to have to switch between helmets when fighting mobs such as cave spiders or wither skeletons, just to get rid of status effects. It also necessitates me having 2 HELMETS, which is an absurd waste of iridium! I hope you will consider my argument. :Diamond Drill:

Its a nerf, Quantum suit isnt expensive, even with Gregtech. The only reason i make the Helmet is for a Solar one, since Poison and Wither doesnt do much damage casually, unless your fighting the wither boss itself.

• Just noticed in the newer releases a minor problem. You might want to move the visor on the advanced solar helmet texture up one pixel. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the image editing software to do it. :Solar Panel:

• Great mod!I love the advanced solars, and the advanced solar helmet was a stroke of genius. My only complaint is the lack of the additional quantumsuit effects on the ultimate solar helmet. I can understand it on the hybrid solar helmet, which is much less expensive, but as the ultimate solar helmet requires 20 iridium plates, I believe that it would only be fair to include the special quantum helmet effects on it. It is also extremely annoying to have to switch between helmets when fighting mobs such as cave spiders or wither skeletons, just to get rid of status effects. It also necessitates me having 2 HELMETS, which is an absurd waste of iridium! I hope you will consider my argument. :Diamond Drill:

Why would you be fighting Cave Spiders or Wither Skeletons in a place where there was sunlight? Unless you were using an OP Soul Shard spawner.

• Official Post

I am getting an error with Advanced Solar Panels viewable here. Can you help please.

Technic pack? :P
    Step 1. Remove ID Resolver
    Step 2. Fix the Conflict yourself.

• Technic pack? :P
    Step 1. Remove ID Resolver
    Step 2. Fix the Conflict yourself.

I have removed ID Resolver and it still errors in the same way. To me it looks as if the IC2 API has changed.

Code
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ic2.api.Ic2Recipes.addCompressorRecipe

This happens with Applied Energistics too... I was SO looking forward to playing with that mod. Same error but trying to add a macerator recipie.

• I have now tried with just Forge, IC2 (IC2_lf build 294 from player's Jenkins) and the latest Advanced Solar Panels in a new instance. Please help!

Edit: Same error

• I have now tried with just Forge, IC2 (IC2_lf build 294 from player's Jenkins) and the latest Advanced Solar Panels in a new instance. Please help!

Edit: Same error

Downgrade to IC2 build 289 until the IC2 api changes stabilize and mods upgrade to the new api.

• Downgrade to IC2 build 289 until the IC2 api changes stabilize and mods upgrade to the new api.

Thanks! I would have been ****ING AROUND FOR AGES trying to get it to work! APPLIED ENERGISTICS WORKS! ADVANCED SOLAR PANELS SHOULD WORK!

• Do solar panels in a desert when raining generate day EU/t and do they generate night EU/t during a thunderstorm? When it's day, of course.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

May i suggest making the Recipes a little bit harder even? :3
    Make the Iridium Iron plate require 8 Heat vents instead of iron :P

• Official Post

Do solar panels in a desert when raining generate day EU/t and do they generate night EU/t during a thunderstorm? When it's day, of course.

Yes to both.
    ASP in desert during day + rain = daytime generation
    ASP not in desert during day + rain = nighttime generation
    ASP anywhere during night + rain = nighttime generation

• Official Post

Yes to both.
    ASP in desert during day + rain = daytime generation
    ASP not in desert during day + rain = nighttime generation
    ASP anywhere during night + rain = nighttime generation

I swear if its night anywhere other then desert, AND its raining it generates no EU? :P

• Official Post

I wasn't sure about the last one so i tested it before posting.
    ASP for MC 1.4.7.

Really? huh :P