[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• Greg, do you really have that api which doesn't require gregtech (i think it is big and scary xD) and has solutions for common problems (OMG, tileentity of very basic generator has a lot of code)? Where is it? I really need to try it out.

• Official Post

Greg, do you really have that api which doesn't require gregtech (i think it is big and scary xD) and has solutions for common problems (OMG, tileentity of very basic generator has a lot of code)? Where is it? I really need to try it out.

Its more like a pile of Code, than an actual API. But the TileEntityCode for my MetaTileEntites is contained.

• have an odd problem here:
    without advanced solars everything's fine.
    After I install advanced solars there's a 100% crash rate upon entering a world, namely my test world, sitting in a mystcraft age at the moment as I needed a flat place that wasn't at height 3 and filled with bats.

FML crash log here: http://pastebin.com/P5NVXkiT
    let me know if you need anything else.

have an odd problem here:

Is it possible it is just an api problem?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• given i'm running it on 108 and it's advertised as a 108 addon.....

"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at ic2.api.EnergyNet.addTileEntity( EnergyNet.java:38 )
    at net.uberkat.obsidian.common.TileEntityElectricBlock.g(TileEntityElectricBlock.java:55)"
    "
    I think a problem in compatibility with this mod "uberkat.obsidian" and i can't find in error log problem with my code.

• "java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at ic2.api.EnergyNet.addTileEntity( EnergyNet.java:38 )
    at net.uberkat.obsidian.common.TileEntityElectricBlock.g(TileEntityElectricBlock.java:55)"
    "
    I think a problem in compatibility with this mod "uberkat.obsidian" and i can't find in error log problem with my code.

hmm.. totally missed that when I looked through things, thanks for the pointer. Looks like obsidian ingots and the rest of UE I was mucking about with goes away then.
    Yup, just ripped it out and everything works fine. Looks like OI is doing funky things with the IC2 api again. (for a while it would crash if you ever hooked it up to anything IC2)

• So... I'm a follower of Direwolf, so I've been using mods mostly from his Let's Play series. Had a lot of fun with them. A few days ago a Beta version of the Feed the Beast pack came out, and since it has the Beta version of a lot of mods I can't find elsewhere (because I'm stupid), I popped the mods and configs into an instance of my Multi MC to check it out. Still no Redpower, of course, but is has a lot of the main mods I know and love, and there's mystcraft so I can generate the Redpower minerals when it gets released... Woah, compact solars got an upgrade! Wow these look awesome, and they store energy inside them as well! Wow, the crafting recipe changed, too! Man, I love this! I need to go tell Compact Solars how awesome they are now! *checks the forum* Hmm... This isn't Compact Solars... *Google* *Advanced Solars*

I love the look of this mod, and I am really looking forward to making a nuclear reactor to create my awesome advanced solar panels! Read some of the debate at the beginning, and I understand where Headhunter is coming from, but... The Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel can fill an MFSU in 16 1/2 minutes of sunlight... And it keeps 1 million EU internally for back up... Is there such thing as "too expensive" for such an incredible item? I don't think so. I will never need another power source after that.

Anywho, just wanted to drop in, say this mod looks awesome, looking forward to using it, and I fully support the recipes.
    (and for the record, Compact Solars is awesome too. But I probably won't go back. :P )

• you need to make it so that the ultimate solar helmet has the same abilities as the quantum helmet so that it can heal hunger and not let you drown because the ultimate solar helmet is made with the quantum helmet so i should have the same abilities as it.

:Quantum-Helmet:

• you need to make it so that the ultimate solar helmet has the same abilities as the quantum helmet so that it can heal hunger and not let you drown because the ultimate solar helmet is made with the quantum helmet so i should have the same abilities as it.

:Quantum-Helmet:

"- no special abilities of quantum helmet (food and underwater supply, because advanced solar panel replace this modules)"
    its normal work of this helmet.

SeNtiMel, thanks for the mod. cost of solar panels good, especially "hard" mode - more balanced than "normal" mode. I hope the mod will continue to be updated and improved.

• I think that recipe of Hybrid Solar Panel in hard mode kept unbalanced. In hard mode you will need to spend EIGHT uranium fuel ingots. 60 EU/t * 2 * 20 * 10000 = 24kk energy! It is really expensive. Also you will need to spend 56kk of energy to generate uum. So, it costs (if we count only expensive resources) 80kk energy. 800000000 / 64 = 1333333 t = 66666 Seconds. It will be profit only after 66666 seconds of day! OMG

• Guys, if you don't like the recipe, go try out Compact solars or something. It doesn't matter how much the Ultimate Solar Panel costs, it is an end-game item that is supposed to be freakin' hard to get because you will virtually never need another IC2 power source ever again. You don't have to worry about nuclear components, you don't have to worry about it exploding, you don't have to insert lava or charcoal or anything. It just sits there and gets you an insane amount of EU, day in and day out.

Yes, the math is against it. It takes a "long time" to pay for itself. mak326428 says 18 1/2 hours. HeadHunter67 said over three hours for the Hybrid (tier 2). Big whoop. I don't know about you, but I play Minecraft a lot. Eighteen hours is a long time, but I plan on putting forth the effort to get the solars early, and then I will play for days and days and I will never need another power source. I will have more EU than I know what to do with. Throw in a mod pack (like FTB) and I can work on Forestry, or Railcraft, or any of seven other full mods. I have so much to work on, it'll probably take me months of real-life time to finish my "ultimate base" in which time the solar panel would've paid for itself hundreds (if not thousands) of times over.

If the recipe gets any cheaper, it will be more overpowered than it already is. If the solars get nerfed, then the entire point of the mod is gone. And don't forget that you'll be using the Advanced Solar Panel to get the Hybrid, and using the Hybird to get the Ultimate Hybrid. And it fills up an MFSU in 16 minutes (of sunlight).

Don't change the recipe.

• By experience of practical application on SMP servers simple recipe is very cheap. 5-6 days of game and we have big solar farm of ultimate solar panels. New recipe is expensive and more balanced for SMP play. A lot of time is needed to find uranium. You can choose between free eco energy and the nuclear reactor :)

• Im having a problem in smp with hard mode, trying to craft irradiant uranium and cant get the item from the crafting table, disapear from my inv and appear isntantly over the crafting again, just CANT craft it, and the hard mode is enable, any help plz?

• I FIX THE PROBLEM (i just get confused and install the mod in another server with the same mod setup :S)

SORRY FOR THE 2bl POST, I POSTED IT AS UNREGISTERED

• I agree with this opinion.

The people against the recipe are pretty much crying about 11 hours.

I mean, COME ON, 11 hours is not much at all (especially if on a server).

Especially if you're on a server 11 hours is nothing.

In the end, a nuclear reactor would takes a while to pay for itself too. (and require :Uranium: Uranium)

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Don't forget Steves Carts 2 Assembly takes long too. Just the same with this.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I have one problem. When crafting uranium ingot (uranium ingot + 4 glowstone dusts, don't remember name) I can't pick it from crafting table. It just gets back. I think it's ID problem but I can't find that Uranium ingot ID. Help please.

Ignas.

• this bonus recipe is messed up, you can turn almost any kind of slab into smooth stone slab, please fix this or take this recipe out of this mod.