[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• Hi Sentinmel!
    I'm here to suggest something.

At first, here are the reasons why I will suggest somethings:
    1- I think the Advanced Solar Pannel is too easy to get. 1 Advanced machine, 1 Advanced alloy (for the reinforced glass), some circuits and 1 Ura ... that's not a lot of ressources for something that can store energy, produce 8EU/t and 1 during the night.
    2- Even if I like the fact you implemented some rare ressources for its creation (eg. Uranium), I dislike the fact it makes it obsolete as a Fuel for Nuclear Reactor. I guess servers using your addon don't have a lot of Nuclear Reactor ... even no one would I say. What about making it based on diamonds ? (because, diamonds could be useful as a transparent material).

If you don't like the default recipes then enable hard mode ones... as stated right there in the OP.

• If you don't like the default recipes then enable hard mode ones... as stated right there in the OP.

... I'm talking about the "Hard mode" recipes ... did you take me for an idiot ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I personally would prefer harder recipes than the "hard" ones. I can build an automated "manned" Water Mill Power Plant using Buildcraft pipes, but with just 5 Advanced Solar Panels they already outperform a Water Mill plant with 54 Water Mills... At less than half the resource cost. Especially in SSP where you can just use a bed to skip nights there is no point in building a Water Mill farm...

I personally would love to see more advanced Water Mills and balance them against the Advanced Solar Panels of this mod, but I got no experience with Java or Minecraft modding and I doubt I can convince anyone to make such a mod (I've looked at the suggestions for IC2 and it's among the denied ones, so I'm guessing the only option is an IC2 mod, especially since it's about balancing one mod against another).

• I personally would prefer harder recipes than the "hard" ones. I can build an automated "manned" Water Mill Power Plant using Buildcraft pipes, but with just 5 Advanced Solar Panels they already outperform a Water Mill plant with 54 Water Mills... At less than half the resource cost. Especially in SSP where you can just use a bed to skip nights there is no point in building a Water Mill farm...

I personally would love to see more advanced Water Mills and balance them against the Advanced Solar Panels of this mod, but I got no experience with Java or Minecraft modding and I doubt I can convince anyone to make such a mod (I've looked at the suggestions for IC2 and it's among the denied ones, so I'm guessing the only option is an IC2 mod, especially since it's about balancing one mod against another).

You should install the not updated yet "Advanced Generator" and uninstall Advanced Solar Pannel in that case.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I have no idea what mod this is coming from either IC2 or Advanced Solars, but here is what is flooding my console anymore.

[IC2] EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom: advsolar.TileEntityAdvancedSolarPanel@425ba1d7 is not added to the enet

also

[IC2] EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom: ic2.common.TileEntityTransformerLV@514639da is not added to the enet

Every plugin is current and update date with whats out. There is no crash log, but that spam is constant.

• I see a lot people go on about what is "op" and how recipes should be "harder" and what not... But seriously, doing any change like that doesn't change the fact that they're still op. You generate FREE power. Resources aren't a factor in minecraft. Once people realize that solar panels, water mills, wind mills and even geothermal generators need to go the better we'll all be. They need to be disabled. This is nothing against this mod at all, just caught on the "discussion" about recipes and it just made me laugh to myself. It's the same with gregtech. Just changing a few recipes to make them "cost" more resources is just the wrong way to go at it. It changes *NOTHING*. To balance something like those devices I mentioned they need to be removed from the game and alternatives added that actually make sense out of a balance perspective.

• For author only(another language):

• Setting more than 32768 eu/t in Quantum generator's output turns output to negative value and crashes client. Then it crashes every time you open gui of that Q-Gen. Still can break it away though.

• At first, here are the reasons why I will suggest somethings:
    1- I think the Advanced Solar Pannel is too easy to get. 1 Advanced machine, 1 Advanced alloy (for the reinforced glass), some circuits and 1 Ura ... that's not a lot of ressources for something that can store energy, produce 8EU/t and 1 during the night.

--snip--

Yeah, maybe a new Compressor Recipe. Place a Stack Irridium Ore in it and get 1 Irridiumblock. Then you need 8 Irridiumblocks for an high density Irridiumblock (Compressor again). Finally, 2 of these for the adv. Panel :D

Well thats a total of 7168 UU-Matter. I like! :thumbup:

• I see a lot people go on about what is "op" and how recipes should be "harder" and what not... But seriously, doing any change like that doesn't change the fact that they're still op. You generate FREE power. Resources aren't a factor in minecraft. Once people realize that solar panels, water mills, wind mills and even geothermal generators need to go the better we'll all be. They need to be disabled. This is nothing against this mod at all, just caught on the "discussion" about recipes and it just made me laugh to myself. It's the same with gregtech. Just changing a few recipes to make them "cost" more resources is just the wrong way to go at it. It changes *NOTHING*. To balance something like those devices I mentioned they need to be removed from the game and alternatives added that actually make sense out of a balance perspective.

To me, it can. Just think about PvP: the less you spend time getting quantum + tons of UUM, the more you're efficient. And seriously, we know it's free. But putting the Solar Pannel output to 0.05 EU/t would surely makes people not use it, don't you think ?
    Even if you could spend 20 times the times you spent before to get it, that would make Nuclear Reactor, Geogen and Coal-based generator more used. Just because anyone can't spend 30 hours to get 50 EU/t when he could do it with 5 hour, even if that would makes him depending on its mining performances.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Got a crash report for you. Happened when I right clicked on a Hybrid solar cell with an electric wrench.

No biggie, just thought I would pass it along.

• Finally got around to trying this, and I must say, I prefer it over Compact Solars now. Recipes are a lot better, not cheaper but makes more sense than just bundling up solars. Compliments Gravitation Suite rather nicely as well!

• -snip-

What you are asking for is balancing against other mods, which really isn't his responsibility. While it is possible to balance against other mods this falls more under your responsibility then the mods. I will try to look at your points and pick out what can already be done with the mods
    1.While you can't do anything about upgrading to the advanced solar panel being too cheap, you can use Greg Tech's recipe for the solar panel itself, which is much more expensive then the original. If you feel that getting the materials for Greg Tech's solar panel is still too cheap (aka steel via RailCraft blast furnace.) then only use Greg Tech's industrial blast furnace, which is much more expensive. You can also use the config for this mod and change the outputs to what you feel is right. If you feel the advanced solar panel is not costly enough for 8 eu a day, then tone it down. make it output 4 eu a day, or 2. whatever you think is right. Its in the config.
    2. If you feel that nuclear power is being shadowed by solar panels, then up the efficiency in the IC2 config. If nuclear reactors generate a lot of power, compared to its cost, people will use it.
    3. This one has a few so let me get through them one at a time.
    Teleporting lava form the nether. I believe this is the RailCraft + MystCraft crystal portals? You can disable the crystals symbol in the config, or the Receptacle. Both will make this impossible.
    Dense Ores. Can be disabled in the config.
    Forestry farms as a whole are pretty self sustaining. I can't really think of a way around this except to disable all the farms via the config.
    Iridium generation. You can either stop the generation via the Greg Tech config, or increase its rarity to your liking.
    4. You can reduce the higher tier solar panels to be less effective, or increase the effectiveness of the nuclear reactor.
    5. You can turn the night generation for all the advanced solar panels off. Making them generate 0 eu all night. This is all I can really think of for making wind/watermills useful.

I hope I am not coming off as aggressive, or snooty, or anything negative. I did not mean to be. I am just trying to say the mods give you a lot of power in making whatever experience you want.
    Thank you for Reading.

If you think they're overpowered, you're welcome to not use them. You can even disable them for your own game. Does it bother you that others will continue to use them?

Offer a suggestion which will keep them in, but balance them, and I'm sure you will get more people agreeing with you. Just saying "Remove them they are OP" is nonconstructive.

• I hope I am not coming off as aggressive, or snooty, or anything negative. I did not mean to be. I am just trying to say the mods give you a lot of power in making whatever experience you want.
    Thank you for Reading.

About the wole thing: I knew for Gregtech and IC², and I' already configured Nuclear Output for IC². The main grief I has against ASP is the fact the Advanced Solar Pannel is too cheap to me.
    As for Mystcraft, thanks, I didn't know that. But I won't use it even if it can be configured, because to me it also add easy teleportation and playing with players generating new world on a PvP server wouldn't be ... a PvP.
    As for Forestry, the only thing I like with is the Bee-system (and maybe the MJ TO EU conversion), so the easiest is not to install it ^^.

I wasn't that much complaining, because I understand some people may like this addon like that. It's just I would like to play with it with a massive nerfing, and maybe I'll use configs for that, but I thought about FTB users thinking the right way to play IC² is to build always more Advanced Solar Pannels ... :/ So I thought this addon could implement an even harder recipies mode.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• About the wole thing: I knew for Gregtech and IC², and I' already configured Nuclear Output for IC². The main grief I has against ASP is the fact the Advanced Solar Pannel is too cheap to me.
    As for Mystcraft, thanks, I didn't know that. But I won't use it even if it can be configured, because to me it also add easy teleportation and playing with players generating new world on a PvP server wouldn't be ... a PvP.
    As for Forestry, the only thing I like with is the Bee-system (and maybe the MJ TO EU conversion), so the easiest is not to install it ^^.

I wasn't that much complaining, because I understand some people may like this addon like that. It's just I would like to play with it with a massive nerfing, and maybe I'll use configs for that, but I thought about FTB users thinking the right way to play IC² is to build always more Advanced Solar Pannels ... :/ So I thought this addon could implement an even harder recipies mode.

I agree with you, They do seem pretty easy to make (At least the First Tier), and should be harder (But not to the point of Requiring UU-Matter for the first tier).

However, Some people like it the way it is (Peoples opinions can differ), So maybe there should be an "Extra Hard Mode", Making all the recipes MUCH harder, but not forcing people to use them (As I believe you were saying). Then everyone gets the best of both worlds. What exactly to change in the recipes, I don't know.

• im getting this error with MC 1.4.6/IC 1.112 and your mod when i place solars

• im getting this error with MC 1.4.6/IC 1.112 and your mod when i place solars

Try doing this

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l