Evil Lair construction

• Every Evil Genius needs a lair! Now that RP pr4 is compatible with IC, I can finally get this project moving again... Thought I'd share some pics of the construction process.

This looks like a likely spot! It will become a snow biome in 1.0.

Clearing out a temporary shop space. This is centered on the chunk that will eventually contain the reactors and reactor control room directly below. BC fillers in clear mode == teh win.

Much better! All moved in. Full set of gear including 4 macerators, a compressor and extractor, automatic mass fab, and 3 recyclers. The mess on the left is the mechanism that separates excess recyclables from valuable stuff coming from miners/quarries and sends it to the recyclers. Currently powered by 32 solar panels until I get the reactors up and running.

Now I can get to work... No Evil Lair is complete without impressive corridors.

The pit for the reactors and reactor control room, and the beginnings of the hole for storage and factory space. All have to be carefully sited due to chunk loading considerations.

Still waiting for IC to update to 1.0.0 at this point, so I decided to break out the Plunder-matic 4000 and get a head start on material. TP pipes because this is about 1000 blocks from the base. The single geo gen obviously can't power 4 diamond drills, but I was pumping up so many lava cells, I figured I might as well use them. :P This entire operation, including all the scanners, drills, 2 lapo crystals, a bed, etc. was designed to fit in my inventory so I could set it all up in one trip.

1.0 at last! Starting on the crafting room. The item retriever can place stuff into any of the 4 chests. The chest on the bottom right has an additional connection that receives anything the auto-storage system doesn't know what to do with. I like to use the BC auto crafting tables, since they don't vomit your projects on the floor when you need to stop and get another part or something. Interestingly, even though this will be the main shop area for the base, I don't think there will be a single IC machine anywhere near it. All of that will be down in the factory spaces, and accessed via RP tubes.

The other side of the shop area. Starting the first of 5 banks of chests for building materials.

Finished the first bank of automatic remote storage. Each bank can hold up to 10 double chests for each of 8 different items. Stuff comes in through the black tube at the top right, and through the sorting machines. The transposers at the bottom handle overflow. The other horizontal tube behind the sorting machines is connected to the retriever in the shop (retrievers ignore colored tubes and any valid destinations on the way, so as long as the retriever is too far away to catch inbound items, it's really simple to connect).

• Updated view of my mountain with the spawn house and library. (have to have a cover operation, right?)

Inside the spawn house.

Front of the library (just realized I'm missing the windowsills on the 2nd story...)

Library first floor. NOTE to any sort of "agents of justice:" There is absolutely NO hidden evil lair entrance anywhere near here.

Library 2nd floor. Have I mentioned how awesome Eloraam's microblocks are? :)

The similarity of these bookcases to the ones in the library is entirely coincidental... :D

One of the stairs.

The breeder half of the still-under-construction reactor control room (which has a nice view of the breeder through the re-glass floor). Also the uranium storage bunker.

Newly completed maceration module of the factory. You can dump as much of whatever you want in there, and it just circulates until it's all macerated. There's a sorting machine on the output that re-tags stuff for storage or further processing.

The "item bus" tube with coal coming into the macerator, and copper, gold, silver, iron, and tin dust heading to storage.

• i always wait a bit in a wood 7x7 shack before i get all my machines then i move into a swankier place so i am gonna have to experiment alot more with microblocks i didnt know they could be so cool i am thinking even if i dont need space i can have a differant inside then outside which seems really cool

• Wow... You think when your done with this you could put up a download for us to check out this awesomely evil base?

• Updated crafting station... Anything put in the top chest gets sent into the item handling system through the sorter. The retriever grabs stuff from remote storage and puts it into one of the 4 chests immediately to its right. Also added alloy furnaces, storage for IC/BC/RP machines, pipes, and wiring, and a "table saw" (just leave a saw in the center slot of a BC auto-crafting table) and chests for microblocks.

Top: Recycling, scrap storage and mass fabrication. Bottom: Mass fab controls up in the control room (without any covers on). Mass fab has both automatic and manual mode. In auto, it counts out a set amount of scrap as it's generated (configurable via the right-hand counter in the control room), then turns on the mass fab until one UUM is produced. In manual, you set how many UUM you want (left hand counter in the control room), and it turns on and shovels scrap at the mass fab using the retriever until it gets the required number of UUM.

Up to 4 racks of chests in the storage area...

The compressor, extractor, and burninator (and I'm standing on the macerator).

Cobble factory (cobble -> smooth stone, cobble stairs, cobble slabs), smooth stone factory (stone -> stone slabs, stone brick, stone brick stairs, stone brick slabs), sand factory (sand -> sandstone, sandstone slabs, glass, glass panes), and basalt & marble -> their respective brick blocks.

• Either that or put a backup up on a separate server instance...

This^^^ This is probably the coolest thing ever and I REALLY want to try it out. I am just imagining having the rocket science addon combined with this... *shudders*

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• This^^^ This is probably the coolest thing ever and I REALLY want to try it out. I am just imagining having the rocket science addon combined with this... *shudders*

*Hides face in hands* Oh god, oh god, oh god...

*looks up*

THAT...

WOULD...

BE...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

• Speaking of the rocket science addon... You should make a missile silo. OR you could just make a server for us to join and help you.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• Speaking of the rocket science addon... You should make a missile silo. OR you could just make a server for us to join and help you.

Er... I was absolutely NOT planning on doing this... There will be absolutely no doomsday weapon-tipped ICBMs in this lair. :whistling:

In fact, my incredibly evil Angle Corruptor Bomb (makes all angles a few degrees off of right... no Minecraftian will be able to build straight again! bwahahaha!) does not, in fact, exist...

• Er... I was absolutely NOT planning on doing this... There will be absolutely no doomsday weapon-tipped ICBMs in this lair. :whistling:

In fact, my incredibly evil Angle Corruptor Bomb (makes all angles a few degrees off of right... no Minecraftian will be able to build straight again! bwahahaha!) does not, in fact, exist...

Deploying 501st brigade.
    Target:Speed Daemon and the bomb in his lair
    Est. Resistance: Extremely Low
    Units Provided by H.Q.: Five platoons, Eight Apcs, 3 Cougar Tanks
    Nah jk lol
    :)

Still awesome lair when will download be up

• Staring on the outer wall. Will be something like 750 blocks long all the way around.

A chunk-loader block deployer. I have to have 6 chunk loaders to cover the base, and didn't want to have to run all over the place putting them down and picking them up. This lets me just flip a switch in the control room to take care of all of them. Unfortunately the simplest way to detect the presence of a block (running redstone through it) doesn't work because it interferes with the deployer and block breaker. 90% of this crap is just trying to see whether the loader block is where it's supposed to be.

When you deploy or stow the chunk loader, it retracts the piston, pulses the deployer or block breaker, then extends the piston again. Since the loader block isn't pushable, you can tell whether it's there or not because the dirt block get stuck in the retracted position and completes the circuit there. XNORing that output with the input gives you on when all is well, and off when it's not.

Chunk loader section in the control room. Green == loader block matches switch postion, red == it doesn't.

Result...

"Enderman wuz here"?

Old temp shop area is now the top of reactor containment

Making lots of re-stone for reactor containment sure is a lot easier with the Burninator! :)

• FUUU All of your images are broken for me! On the topic showing the item sorting setup and here too! I WANNA SEE THE LAIR OF DOOOOM!

• oh my god... 8|
    I can't even begin... too beautiful

but damn you must be an excellent redstone engineer! I myself could never find a practical application for all those AND, NAND, XOR, XNOR, RS-LATCH, RSNOR-LATCH. But you did, and made a handy control room as well
    I applaud you and you mighty factory! what's next? automated nuclear warhead facility? :D