Information about crops

• Dear raGan, i think you can add in OP way how to create first crops (eg. blackthorn or sticky reed) - after this small advice new farmers will have larger chnce to create somehing (like me for exsample - after 3 days of searching i still dont know how to create new crop), and/or you can add info what is GGR?

• Dear raGan, i think you can add in OP way how to create first crops (eg. blackthorn or sticky reed) - after this small advice new farmers will have larger chnce to create somehing (like me for exsample - after 3 days of searching i still dont know how to create new crop), and/or you can add info what is GGR?

I will definitely add something sooner or later. (highly depens on my laziness) At GGR, I think it already described in main post, have you read it ?
    There is also great video about agriculture basics - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFU9HIFGTUw

Everyone is free to post any helpful information, which should be added to the thread, I will collect them and add bunch of them at a time.

• Argh, im so blind.. GGR is in middle, written in huge text size. Anyway, hope you lazyness will fast decrase, but in meanwhile i will try to load this YT tutorial.

• So, I just got cocoa from the wild picked 0-0-0 reed within about 45 minutes (most of this time was spent killing skellies for bones) of starting operations and then pumpkins from the next and Mellon seeds from cocoa and reeds about 3 minutes (several crossin tries) later. It was at y=120 in a swamp biome with a fully outfitted autocropalizer.

Anybody try farming in the new elevations? I am going to Keep this farm going, and try again from scratch at y=250 in the same biome. Obviously I'll need a different chunk as I need to keep line of sight open with the sky at the first one.. My hope is to see that the higher elevation farm will catch up in production. Not a very scientific test, but maybe more people will weigh in. It's been askedin the FAQ if elevation 129-256 is supported, but I would like to answer the question for ourselves before al has a chance to update the q&a. :D

I only have 6 crossing spots, so This feels like pretty powerful results.. Certainly no hair pulling like my experience at lower levels and from reading the experience of some others..

Anybody tried this?

Also, like the OP stated, I still haven't come up with stickreed. Maybe we are just too good. :)

• Your missing Terra Wart which is tier 5 As well as nether wart (tier 5) which grows if a terra wart is planted with soulsand under the dirt (grows in surface world.)

• I noticed alblaka said that it's impossible to get the conditions for a plant with all 31 stats, i've got a couple of plants at 26, does this mean that i won't actually be able to get a plant with 31 legit?

• I heard redwheat needs a light level between 5-10 to flower. So yeah, redstone torches.

Yeah, I heard this rumor too, as an official answer in Al´s Q&A Thread.

Q: at what light level(or rather range of light levels) does red wheat grow?
    5 <= Light => 10

• I took a bit of a break from my teextures since the crops were introduced and I am trying to finish up my tecture pack. I saw in the begining of this forum a png with the older plants names witch helps a bit, but is there a compiled list of what soem of these plants do and what the new texture are so I have some idea to make realistic textures for them.

• Hello !
    I finally decided to add something to the main post, but... I found out that I completely lost track of everything new in agriculture, so this might not be as easy as I thought. If anyone has anything to offer, I dare you to post it here (or PM me, if you prefer to) ! If it is some kind of research, I will not add it unless it's proven somehow, so any speculation will most likely not be added. Things i would appreciate the most are: new plants' stats, tutorials, thorough explanation of agriculture mechanics, general tips and tricks. I will slowly crawl through this forum section and add anything new i find here and there, to keep information together. I have no idea how brewing works, I don't even have IC 2 installed right now (shame on me). ANY information (about agriculture ofc) will help. It's all for you, why can't it be made by you ? Thanks.
    Have a nice day !

• Roses and Dandelions:
    You hold a stack of at least four of them and right-click on an empty set of stakes, right? Not doing a damned thing.

• Roses and Dandelions:
    You hold a stack of at least four of them and right-click on an empty set of stakes, right? Not doing a damned thing.

Light levels must be good. I got a successful planting of red flowers with a torch 1 block away. also for anything that needs a high light level I usualy put a jacko lantern one space above the crop but I guess a RP lamp will do it too.

That is all for indoor farming.
    Outside scares me......

• Nether Wart - Tier V

Discovered by: Notch
    Keywords:Red, Nether, Ingredient, Soulsand
    Drops: Nether Wart
    Special Conditions: None