Information about crops

• Just noticed that it takes 14 bonemeal on plants in IC2 just thought I'd share. Also this seems to have sped up Ferru growth and weed growth. Not sure if this is the bonemeal or just the regular growth but it seems faster.

• the q&a says bone meal doesn't work i was the one who asked

the q&a also says the number of dirt under a crop affects nutrients

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• 8| ARGHH! alblaka changed the answer behind my back! i need to lay down :wacko:

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Iclicked between 12-16 times on Ferru and it does seem to increase growth a lot. Some of the plants were getting back to bloom stage in an hour and were only growth 1-3. For most plants thats really slow but right now because I ran out of bone meal the Ferru is taking hours.

• I had a stickreed hit Growth Level 24 today and then the minigame began....... Grass began spontaneously growing around the plant which had no weeds anywhere near it. Not continuously of course but enough so I did not feel comfortable leaving it alone. Even a G24 plant I had in the redwheat area with controlled lighting was going amuck like this and took out 2 of my best plants. I think Level 24 of the stats is a major change in their behavior though I've only seen it for growth as of yet.

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Life the universe and everything.

• Official Post

Nope, i managed to plant some without adjacend water.

Approved i managed that several times too (4 away mostly). Only the Dirtblockcondition (Fertilisation in that case) is affecting planting. I can even plant it underground without sun with enough Dirt under it (Adding Fertilizer is to unsure/expensive for me).

• while you were sleeping redwheat was discovered and booze, coffee(you apparently need some of this), nether wart, and "Terra wart" were added

• In the OP, the picture lists (slightly) different images for full-grown Tulips and Venomilia. However all my Venomilia (1.71,SMP) appear & behave *exactly* like Tulips. I am beginning to think there is a bug related to Venomilia's growth but I first wanted to see if anyone else has seen the unique Venomilia texture and, if so, what conditions you grew it in.

• Official Post

In the OP, the picture lists (slightly) different images for full-grown Tulips and Venomilia. However all my Venomilia (1.71,SMP) appear & behave *exactly* like Tulips. I am beginning to think there is a bug related to Venomilia's growth but I first wanted to see if anyone else has seen the unique Venomilia texture and, if so, what conditions you grew it in.

Is bugged, Venomilia can't reach it's last stage currently.

• while you were sleeping redwheat was discovered and booze, coffee(you apparently need some of this), nether wart, and "Terra wart" were added

raGan add this stuff in the OP please!

Yep, I am from Russia, and yep, my english isn't good enough...
    So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!
    Naah, I'm just kidding ^^ ... not. :|

• So I've finally gotten coffee to grow, the problem is I cant seem to get any beans from it. Right clicking it's final stage yields nothing, and breaking it yields no beans either. All I can think of is that the plant isn't in direct sunlight (Its on a cave map), but otherwise it has ideal air and nutrients. Anyone else have this problem? :pinch:

• So I've finally gotten coffee to grow, the problem is I cant seem to get any beans from it. Right clicking it's final stage yields nothing, and breaking it yields no beans either. All I can think of is that the plant isn't in direct sunlight (Its on a cave map), but otherwise it has ideal air and nutrients. Anyone else have this problem? :pinch:

I have got coffee and I can't harvest it too :pinch: and its outside :pinch:

Edit: I got it from trollweed and sugarcane and it looks identical to trollweed until its ready to harvest as one small brown dots appear on it

Over modding is the key to success.

One day creepers will learn how to use doors. Then nobody will be safe...