Information about crops

• love the new layout raGan Keep up the good work my tutorial is coming along nicely but with the new layout i might point people here or quote some of you post and as a decent person i figured id ask XD for the record i am finding making a video tutorial taxxing

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• Nope, but "perfect seeds" trivially require "perfect conditions". Which should be near impossible to achive currently.

thats our al always thinking ahead of way to pwn the cheaters lol

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• Visual information
    Here is visual representation of each stage of each plant. I'm not sure about Redwheat though.
    Download

Stickreed is missing it´s third Growthstage, between the secound and last stage it looks like the final stage of normal reed.

• Thank you so much for that screeny at the bottom of the OP. I have tried to work out what on earth the textures are for my texture pack and can now make few changes :). I guessed at a lot of them lol. Had tomato for coco lol.

• i found out an way to duplicate an plant, use the + setup with the origional plant in the middel and crossbreeding sticks around it. it worked for me some times now. (usualy an lesser plant wil get created of the same breed. and sometimes an higher tier plant) it takes time, alot of time to achieve an duplication.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• People thought Trollweed was bad.

Redwheat has stumped everyone. :o

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• i found out an way to duplicate an plant, use the + setup with the origional plant in the middel and crossbreeding sticks around it. it worked for me some times now. (usualy an lesser plant wil get created of the same breed. and sometimes an higher tier plant) it takes time, alot of time to achieve an duplication.

If you want, you can write simple little tutorial about it here, and I'll copypaste it into main post.

• I can name one person who is on the case :D (not me at the moment i'm still setting up my experimentation lab) but the guy who stared the thread i'm linking to
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5153

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Could it be that Cocoa has a special Plantingcondition, to be exactly three Blocks of Dirt under it. If you have any noncrossbreeded Cocoa, that has not three blocks of Dirt under it, then say it.

I just checked. At elevation 66 with one dirt and air in the two blocks below it, I barely was able to plant cocoa, but not until I maxed out the fertilizer on the crop block. I dropped the air quality slightly and couldn't plant it anymore. As soon as I put another dirt block under the cocoa, it let me plant it. So yes, it is possible, but not easy.

• Official Post

I just checked. At elevation 66 with one dirt and air in the two blocks below it, I barely was able to plant cocoa, but not until I maxed out the fertilizer on the crop block. I dropped the air quality slightly and couldn't plant it anymore. As soon as I put another dirt block under the cocoa, it let me plant it. So yes, it is possible, but not easy.

So Dirtblocks are affecting the general conditions of a Plant. That should be included in the Mainthread.

• Official Post

Added, but do some more experiments to confirm this please.

I've made a small experiment.
    All conditions except the amount of Dirtblocks are identical.
    look in the attached Image

No Fertilizer and no Hydration were used for it, they needed seemingly three Dirtblocks directly under it. Biome is Plains, but Forest will work too. It doesnt let me plant it on the other Sticks.

• I've made a small experiment.
    All conditions except the amount of Dirtblocks are identical.
    look in the attached Image

No Fertilizer and no Hydration were used for it, they needed seemingly three Dirtblocks directly under it. Biome is Plains, but Forest will work too. It doesnt let me plant it on the other Sticks.

I usualy use a swamp biome for my farm and am normaly able to plant cocoa with 2 Dirtblocks under the crop, but as I tend to use lakes to build my early farm (as I dont need buckets to get the one Wattersource needed to hydrate it) there´s almost everytime a Wattersource right on the third layer, so this could also do something to it.

• Alright I can already say the three dirt blocks isn't correct. My farms are stationed on top of red power trees and are 3 blocks deep, 2 are dirt and the center is water for keeping the dirt wet so it doesn't disappear when I till the land. I grow Cocoa very easily without three blocks of dirt. My post actually has a picture of a watermelon, pumpkin, and cocoa bean plant growing together at elevation 89. If you take a look at the minimap you can actually see the large square block with a dark outline because its so high up.

• Official Post

I modified cocoa description and added your attachment to the bottom of the main post.

Ok, but now i think the dirt under a Plant is affecting it's Nutritionvalues or its Airquality and Cocoa is more affected from these values then other crops. But still, three Blocks of Dirt and it will most likely work so that information is still usefull.

If it affects nutrition, then i should place Forestrys humus under it, lol. :D