What do you do with too much copper?

• For tin you can craft cells, ...
    but what can you do with copper?

been wondering that myself. Plenty of uses for tin and lots for iron (almost always iron starved in my single player world) but copper i've almost got coming out of my ears.
    got half a personal chest of ingots. Haven't been making blocks yet as i'd rather not teach the logistics system about them.

• Reactors parts make RIDICULOUS usage of copper for their recipes.
    Granted if you don't need copper for that, well, use it for building material :P

• Within IC itself, either reactor parts or copper wire. In RP2, I use a lot of it for red alloy wire. The rest, I feed to my Equivalent Exchange machines.

• I use it mainly for building rails. With railcraft you can use Bronze or Refined Iron instead of normal Iron, with Bronze giving you less and Refined Iron giving you more than normal Iron. The Bronze-Recipe is also useable with IC2 alone (it's a bit different with railcraft though).

• Convert the dust to Redstone...

Notice I said dust, forcing me to find Redstone ore first and get some machines built before I can manufacture tons of Copper on-the-fly afterwords..

(course, this was pre-Plasticcraft, lol)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Convert the dust to Redstone...

Notice I said dust, forcing me to find Redstone ore first and get some machines built before I can manufacture tons of Copper on-the-fly afterwords..

(course, this was pre-Plasticcraft, lol)

I'm assuming that this isn't possible with vanilla IC2? I know that Glowstone = Redstone+gold dust and iron = copper + tin, but I didn't know that you could get redstone out (that would make my life much easier)

• Whereas, if I'm trying to build a solar plant, redstone is a scarce material, while copper is practically unused!

Hmm... you need 6,5 pieces of copper, 10 iron and 6 redstone. In most cases I'm more troubled by the amount of iron, not the amount of redstone. Exspecially if you get yourself a Fortune Enchantment.

• I'm assuming that this isn't possible with vanilla IC2? I know that Glowstone = Redstone+gold dust and iron = copper + tin, but I didn't know that you could get redstone out (that would make my life much easier)

It's not sadly... I added the recipe via Custom Recipes. Been trying to petition that idea to be added as part of default IC since MC version 1.7.3, but meh...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• With RP2 and IC2 both generating copper and tin, we had an excess of both.
    I built my power station building from copper blocks.
    Then in my quest for more and more HV solars (to power the mass fab of course!) I burned a lot of copper making circuits.
    But with 6 buildcraft 64x64 quarries running (feeding the tailings to a bank of 16 recyclers) I still had a stupid amount of copper ore.
    So I did what any normal human being would do.
    I set up an RP2 filter to pull the copper dust from the macerators and send it to the recyclers!

On our new server I have told RP2 to NOT generate copper and tin so it's not so much of a problem now :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10