What do you do with too much copper?

• I use RP2 and EE so I just change my ton of access copper to iron than set up 9 auto manned watermills x whatever amount of deployers, filters and retreives I feel like making.
    Gives 18 EU/t

This system allows up to 16 Watermills before slowing down a bit than just add other stuff to speed it back up.

• Or. I draw bad jokes out of plain copper cabling.

Saving this one for future use...

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Disable IC ore gen. Problem solved.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I sell it to pay for my drug habit.
    Nah, I don't have a drug habit. I just stare at it and scream 'WHY YOU SO USELESS!?' every few minutes. Maybe one day, it'll all turn into diamonds. That would be fun.

• Disable IC ore gen. Problem solved.

Not really, even in a game where i've got IC2 and Forestry copper disabled, leaving only RP2 copper one still gets an absolute ton of copper.
    Ran the frame quarry quite a lot to find more diamond, the side-effect is a crap-ton of copper. To the tune of 128 copper blocks and enough for 2 more stacks of blocks in ingot form.

• I've done the opposite: left only IC2's ore gen and turned off copper and tin from Forestry and Redpower. It... still leaves some excess, but it feels reasonably balanced. I've got more trouble with silver, honestly.

• I've done the opposite: left only IC2's ore gen and turned off copper and tin from Forestry and Redpower. It... still leaves some excess, but it feels reasonably balanced. I've got more trouble with silver, honestly.

I mostly use RP2 this go around as the IC2 stuff doesn't register the blocks when disabled and the RP2 ores are all one Block ID.
    still: last game I did it that way and was still swimming in copper by the end of the game.

• I have to admit I haven't done any quarrying in my latest serious game -- made Mystcraft ages of dense ores instead and harvested things manually. I actually had to make an explicit copper run because I had far more tin than copper at one point. I do recall swimming in copper from previous games, but I didn't have RP2 at the time.

When I end up with tons of excess again, I'll probably use it to make tons of brass, which I'll turn into stacks and stacks of frames. Which will sit in a chest somewhere. I'm lazy.

• I have to admit I haven't done any quarrying in my latest serious game -- made Mystcraft ages of dense ores instead and harvested things manually. I actually had to make an explicit copper run because I had far more tin than copper at one point. I do recall swimming in copper from previous games, but I didn't have RP2 at the time.

When I end up with tons of excess again, I'll probably use it to make tons of brass, which I'll turn into stacks and stacks of frames. Which will sit in a chest somewhere. I'm lazy.

Well it wasn't too bad this game until I built the frame quarry. Hadn't even ran a buildcraft quarry up to that point. Strip-mined a pretty sizable area in a short time so yeah.. i've got more than a bit of copper.
    Granted i'm sorta mostly done with minecraft until either 1.3 comes out or Aether finally gets updated. (supposed to be "soon" and for 1.2.5)

• My 2c worth:

Firstly, I only use IC2 - I haven't branched into BC or RP yet - leaving me with less uses from the get-go... first I started smelting it without bothering to feed it to the macerators (I don't even have a macerator specific for copper, like my other ores) - after my autominers netted me about a chestful of ingots I started feeding it direct to the scrapper. Handy stockpile for when the Mass Fab unit finally gets built. Occasionally I'll grind a stack of dust to keep my Bronze Age afloat...

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• There isn't too much copper. Nukes can suck up 40+ stacks quickly.

heh.. riiiiight. Tell that to my other (non-aether) game. 5 stacks of copper blocks unused with another stack or so used in buildings built for the hell of it.
    aka: one gets a ton and a half of copper if one runs a frame quarry a lot to grab diamond.

• heh.. riiiiight. Tell that to my other (non-aether) game. 5 stacks of copper blocks unused with another stack or so used in buildings built for the hell of it.
    aka: one gets a ton and a half of copper if one runs a frame quarry a lot to grab diamond.

I still remember a mining trip when I got 29 diamonds but only 17 copper ore >.<. Are you using RP ores?

• i plan to take all my copper, take compact solars, make 10 high volt solar panels, make 10 mfsu's. make 10 quary's. and just destroy a mystcraft age with dense ores in it...

need ALOT of copper and rubber....

• Official Post

i plan to take all my copper, take compact solars, make 10 high volt solar panels, make 10 mfsu's. make 10 quary's. and just destroy a mystcraft age with dense ores in it...

need ALOT of copper and rubber....

Then make the DenseOres-Age a Jungle, so you can also cut down Giant Rubbertrees, for the Rubber. And Quarrys are not the best Idea if you want to make it fast. Use the Arcane Bore with Earth-Focus (best for mining Copper in DenseOres-Worlds)

• I teach my copper the fusion dance with Tin to make bronze in the most hayoish method possible.

FU..SION...HA! *POOF BRONZE*

• I sell it on the black market to restricted countries in order to pay for my booze habit ever since that creeper blew up my brewery in my basement complex. Otherwise I just throw it in the void and maybe one day I will see the top of my pile before allbad sees the top of his. If all else fails I use it in violation of my iTunes terms of service to build nuclear/chemical/biological bombs/weapons.

EDIT: Kudos to you if you get the reference at the end there.

• Then make the DenseOres-Age a Jungle, so you can also cut down Giant Rubbertrees, for the Rubber. And Quarrys are not the best Idea if you want to make it fast. Use the Arcane Bore with Earth-Focus (best for mining Copper in DenseOres-Worlds)

naww, forestry needs alot of glass, so im doing a desert. 10 64x64 quarys, 2 stacks of chunk loaders... gonna be FUN...