Lava Pack?

• Hi everyone.

I was wondering, is there a way to collect huge amounts of lava while you are mining? I always encounter lots and lots of lava pools while mining and I always think "Damn that stuff is liquid energy what a waste."
    But running around with and inventory full of buckets is kind of useless and using a pump also is useless unless you have teleport pipes.

So any Ideas?
    If not we could mage a suggestion for some kind of Cannister Back, which allows you to gather liquids like soome kind of ghost buster.

• LOL, like a vacuum cleaner?

I approve. :Geothermal Generator:

Craft recipe can be like:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Empty Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Empty Cell: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Electronic Circuit: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

And it can absorbs about 64 lava, and you can use it as a flame thrower or storage device for the geo generator (and if you right click it will recharge automatically the generator with the equivalent of one lava cell)!

But running around with and inventory full of buckets is kind of useless and using a pump also is useless unless you have teleport pipes.

Or lava cells... that you right click with... -__-

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• First this is not the suggestion subforum, Second you can always carry several stacks of Empty Cell with one empty space, and you can simply start absorbing the lava block by block (Tin Cells where recently changed to allow this process of lava lake absorbsion) And third why the heck do people only enter to a "Suggestion" or w/e just to post a simple useless recipe that nobody actually care to look in the first place? that third one its just my own personal annoyance.

• personaly i like this idea while capsules are nice but what if i want to make a lava lake without cheating or spending hours making it, but with a liquid aproved IndustryVak i could go find a lava lake some where and suck it up then go back to my base and fill it up yes i can do that with the system in place but its time consuming and im not realy sure how i would begin to try with capsules for this kinda job any ways fenixr sorry i disagree with you about the merits of the idea but i agree about the placement lol hope some onw takes this idea and makes a sub mod or it gets incorporated into IC2

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• I usually use Buildcraft pumps to pump any lava I find into tanks.
    From there I do whatever I want/need with it. Though right now i've got a ton sitting around unused.

• The original idea said "Sucking the liquid", no where in it said something about expulsing the liquid.

Besides if you suck the liquid it has to go somewhere and the most logical choice would be Empty Cells, but if you know once you pack a liquid in a cell you cant unpack it anymore.

Also if you want to make that lava lake, you could use buildcraft pumps to suck the lava, make a piping to where you want and placing tanks nearby, then you just use the bucket to place the lava in place.

• I usually use Buildcraft pumps to pump any lava I find into tanks.
    From there I do whatever I want/need with it. Though right now i've got a ton sitting around unused.

Same here... over 20 Million EU in stored liquid energy. Easier to keep it in something like that instead of trying to find coal/diamonds for a MFSU, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Same here... over 20 Million EU in stored liquid energy. Easier to keep it in something like that instead of trying to find coal/diamonds for a MFSU, lol...

A friend was doing similar before the server sort of imploded*. Had a wind plant storing energy by making lava with the lava generators from the power converters mod (it's a 1:1 input -> output energy ratio last I saw)

*Let's just say that minecraft server *SUCKS* horribly. Kept suffering from crippling lag requiring me to load up WorldEdit and clear out any entities in the area.

• i still think it would be nice to have a 64 capacity backpack or something like a battery you can fill and expel and fenixr after i posted that i thought about using tanks but still a lot of work and it takes another mod that does it a different way then im thinking for the IC2 version

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• I want this in my IC2

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

• Budi may not be aware that you can dip stackable Empty Cells :Empty Cell: directly into the lava to create stackable Lava Cells :Lava Cell: . I only learned this myself a few weeks ago!

Personally I'd love a relatively simple way to drain a lava lake. It seems the simplest way at the moment is to use a Miner with a Pump attached. That will suck up a 9x9 hole in a lava pool, as deep as it will go. I have that set up in the nether at the moment (in a ghast-proof bunker). I went a step further and have it powered by a geotherm that's fed by an RP2 filter that pulls from the output chest.

We already have tools that dramatically simplify the tasks of gathering resources. Many people would consider macerators, chain saws and mining drills as being horribly overpowered. So "we don't need it" isn't a valid argument. You don't have to use them.

The trouble I see with Budi's idea is that you already have a 4 block reach with the empty cell. I suspect it would be difficult or even impossible to create a hand-held item that could vacuum up lava from longer ranges.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Well I am also using Buildcraft and if you dont have the Teleport Pipes Addon, collecting huge amounts of lava still si pretty hard. Either you build a hell of a pipeling across the map to your base, or you carry thermal generators and an mfe/mfsu around to convert the lava into energy and store it into crystals.

Also about the distance. If you collect lava in the nether you can use pumps to pump the lava into Buildcraft Tubes and suck the lava from there with your pack. Or fot the non-Buildcraft users you could tweak the lavapack in a way that you can put it into a pump like a cell and it gets filled.