[Support] Re-Enable Enchantments on ElectricTools?

• Hi together,

is there a more or less easy way to re-enable the enchantments from IC2 1.64?
    I really liked my Diamond Drill with Fortune III and Efficiency V.

If there is NOT, it would be great if somebody could modify the related .class files!

Greetings from Germany :D
    n0ugat

• Damed...

Could somone tell me the files where i maybe can change that?
    Or would it be to difficult for a bloody java beginner?

Let me guess, i was right, that i would need to edit the .class files, but there is nearly no way to open them...

Greetings!

• Enchanting doesn't work with electronics; that's madness. If you want game breaking stuff install a different mod for those parts.

• Enchantments before the removal where like placebos, they where they but didnt do a thing.

Au contraire, baby! In my 1.64 SMP world I have a Silk Touch diamond drill and a Fortune II diamond drill and they definitely work as advertised.

That said, only my inner munchkin will miss having those enchantments. The diamond drill is already about as fast as an Eff2 enchantment and is Unbreakable X+

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Indeed, they also worked fine on my server...only the NanoSaber :Nano Saber: was handled like a Pickaxe...

So guys, let's do this :thumbup:

I already found a Bikkit plugin called EnchantMore, but this isn't compatible with the EnchantmentTable, you have to use commands :wacko:

There is still ONE BIG question,WHY were the Enchantments removed?

• The were removed because it's pretty munchkin (overpowered/cheating) to enchant unbreakable tools.

With vanilla enchanting if you get lucky you can get a fast pick, a very durable pick OR a pick that has a special ability like Fortune.
    If you're VERY lucky you can get 2 of the above. Fast and Durable. Or Durable and Fortune.
    if you're INCREDIBLY lucky you can get all 3.

However, even a very durable pick has a finite lifetime and so you have to keep working on making levels and repeat enchantments to try and replace it.

IC2 tools NEVER break which takes me back to my first sentence.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.

• Au contraire, baby! In my 1.64 SMP world I have a Silk Touch diamond drill and a Fortune II diamond drill and they definitely work as advertised.

That said, only my inner munchkin will miss having those enchantments. The diamond drill is already about as fast as an Eff2 enchantment and is Unbreakable X+

My mistake then, they were not placebos, just plain retarded.

• I had a Diamond Pick with Fortune 3, Efficiency 4, and Unbreaking 3...

Only using it on Diamonds and Coal... It never got below 70%. I quit the world before it broke on me.

So, effectively...

No enchants on Drills- Al and the R-G said. Go enchant a Pick.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Why not just allow people to make that choice, via an option in the config file? Yes, they're overpowered. So are a lot of other things. In the end, it all boils down to personal perspective, taste and choice. How is it harmful to allow the freedom to choose in this regard? The only people it affects are those who want it, so they're happy, those who don't just leave it disabled and they're happy. Win-win for all. Anything else is just enforcing personal choice on others.

• That's a fair call. Just as as lapotron miners are off by default, leave enchanting tools turned off by default but let the weak and spineless turn it on.

• There were reports from people that enchantments on drills did nothing.

(for everything else, we added proper enchantability to bronze tools and armor, and eyeball the composite vest which has diamond enchantability)

• There were reports from people that enchantments on drills did nothing.

(for everything else, we added proper enchantability to bronze tools and armor, and eyeball the composite vest which has diamond enchantability)

Diamond drill enchantments work for sure, tested and confirmed about a million times over. Getting 2-4 diamonds per diamond block with a fortune enchantment is a sure sign that it works. Silk touch works fine as well. Haven't tested efficency to see the difference with or without, but having a eff 3 drill seems to take longer on obsidian than eff 4.

I don't see how its harmful to allow people to change an option for this, however. If someone REALLY wants it, it's a simple matter of firing up NBEdit and just adding the enchantment tags anyway. Overpowered? Sure, as much as any mod might appear to a vanilla user, I know some people who think macerators and quantum armor are OP for certain. It's simply just a matter of personal choice and perspective, like people who play games with cheats/trainers/OP or god mods and people who play vanilla or mods that keep the same level of balance. I'm not sure how exactly choice harms IC2 in this regard, at least.

• The only thing I expect might come back, enchantability wise, for electrical tools, is a technological upgrade type method, which would just take advantage of the existing upgrade effects.

I dont know about you, but I wish I could get a drill with Aqua afinity (Or Quantum-helmet automatically does it), Or possibly Airial Afinity, so as to make the jetpack less useless. (Ah well, MIning laser works, if your aim is good)

• Or possibly Airial Afinity, so as to make the jetpack less useless.

Try putting a block next to what you want to harvest, and land on it. It's not like you have to bleed velocity and land with perfect velocity or anything.

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

• I dont know about you, but I wish I could get a drill with Aqua afinity (Or Quantum-helmet automatically does it), Or possibly Airial Afinity, so as to make the jetpack less useless. (Ah well, MIning laser works, if your aim is good)

Even if we added them, the vanilla enchantments follow predetermined code on where should they go. Would need Forge hook.

• That's a fair call. Just as as lapotron miners are off by default, leave enchanting tools turned off by default but let the weak and spineless turn it on.

Just knowing that a brave man like you has the courage and fortitude to play a computer game with some stuff disabled will get me through the rest of the day. Thank god for you, sir, and your selfless contribution to humanity. Maybe if the rest of us could emulate your tenacious dedication to justice and purity in computer games the world would be that much better. Alas we may never know because too many poor souls are occupied with showing strength in their lowly jobs and lives to summon the immense moral and ethical courage needed for shunning a feature of a computer game.

Let us dream though, brothers. Let us dream...