Suggestion : Foul mass,energy ore,power from lighnings

• Hi i have few suggestions what mod could have :)
    Foul mass : every so often mass fabricator can spread foul mass instead of making UU matter (in sheets like rubber),it will hurt you if you stand in it and you can pick it up with shovel... you can put it in compresor to get comressed F-M and put eight around cell to get M-F cell,it can be used in extractor to get UU matter or by source of energy in MFU
    Energy ore : really rare ore which drops one depleted energy crystal and bunch of redstone
    Power from lightning(useful in stormy areas) : you can make antena(block and 5 block high cable) to gather energy from lighnings
    recipe:
    E i E
    E B E
    M T M
    e-empty i-iron ingot biiron block m-machine block t-high voltage transformer
    i hope you like those :)

• Lightning rod suggestion? AGAIN!!? *shakes head in disapproval* Just look at my signature.

Doesn't anyone read the compendium? *shakes head again, shuffles away mumbling*

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• WE have nothing against you, however, the idea of a lightning rod gathering energy has been around for at least 6 months. Alblaka has said NO so many times, it is kinda getting old.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• Mass Fab gunk is a bit interesting, the ore, probably not, as Alblaka doesn't want new ores without a good bit of stuff to do with them.

• WE have nothing against you, however, the idea of a lightning rod gathering energy has been around for at least 6 months. Alblaka has said NO so many times, it is kinda getting old.

its been around since ic1

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• its been around since ic1

I seem to remember Alblaka raging once and saying that the next time someone suggested lighting-based power, he would ban them...

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• u oh, please hide for the wrath of alblaka! eeep.....

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• althou an weather based machine is posible! i checked in forestry and they managed to code an rain collecter. it collects water from rain... uses weather..... alblaka? maybe an suggestion to contact the creator of forrestry on how they did it?

but since u said no so many times, please dont grab ur shotgun :D

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I really LIKE the idea of the recycler randomly overflowing with toxic waste! Could use the same code for my Fallout idea (which uses variants of the snow layer block).

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• How about instead of lightning rods, make it so if you zap a pig with a full charge from the tesla coil it turns em into a zombie pigman, or a creeper into a lightning creeper? Also make them invulnerable to damage for a short period of time and able to destroy any blocks between you and it...You now, so you'll be a lightning rod of hate.

That would actually be a pretty mean addition just to add so people stop talking about lightning rods...

Oh, and rainfall =! lightning strikes. It's easier to code for something that falls over a large area than something that happens almost totally randomly (as random as programs can be). Also don't forget, windmills are also technically weather based machines~.

As for the foul mass suggestion it sounds like it would be fairly interesting, but how would it work in a closed room? Would it replace nearby blocks, find the nearest empty space, or simply just not produce any UU-matter if there aren't any nearby empty spaces?

• Official Post

Lightningrods? Thats why Mr. Kenny really died. :whistling:

Energyore? Uranium! :huh:

Foulmass? First i thought was Fuelmass or Foolmass. Than i looked in a Dictionary and found it out. :D

But a kind of failed UUM sounds intressting, maybe craft 4 of them to one large Foulmassblob and put it into the DejuicerDeviceOfDoom to get one UUM. The damagingpart sounds a bit unrealistic for Foulmass.

• But a kind of failed UUM sounds intressting, maybe craft 4 of them to one large Foulmassblob and put it into the DejuicerDeviceOfDoom to get one UUM. The damagingpart sounds a bit unrealistic for Foulmass.

UU matter is pure matter-stable
    Fould matter would be full of energy matter which is unstable and pumps energy into other atoms making them move faster , destroying matter and killing ya :>

• Official Post

UU matter is pure matter-stable
    Fould matter would be full of energy matter which is unstable and pumps energy into other atoms making them move faster , destroying matter and killing ya :>

Oh, in that case it's not more unrealistic as the UUM itself. That with the energytransfer speeding up electrons and making them emmiting Betaradiation, is very dangerous to normal living.

But it would still need a way of extracting the rest of UUM in it, or to make it somehow back to energy, just to make a bit profit.

• Oh, in that case it's not more unrealistic as the UUM itself. That with the energytransfer speeding up electrons and making them emmiting Betaradiation, is very dangerous to normal living.

But it would still need a way of extracting the rest of UUM in it, or to make it somehow back to energy, just to make a bit profit.

..................... you really wasn't reading my post huh? you can put 8 FM into cell and put into extractor or put FM cell into MFU to generate pure energy :>(or MSFU)

• Official Post

..................... you really wasn't reading my post huh? you can put 8 FM into cell and put into extractor or put FM cell into MFU to generate pure energy :>(or MSFU)

Sorry if i missunderstood some parts of your post. I only wanted to put my knowledge to it to make it better/more realistic (or what i thought its better). And you meaned MFSU.

If you want to make your post better readable, than insert an empty line between the diffrent parts of your post, because i've overreaded one line. ;)

Oh and the part with pumping kinetic energy into Atoms sounds a bit annoying, because that is the same as an explosion, but in "extreme-slowmotion". Other realistic descriptions for the damage could be Betaradiation (electrons) or Antimatterparticles, because there is no "kinetic radiation" defined as a strong physical force. :(

But all that doesn't count, because no one of us is producing IC² and Alblaka will make anything diffrent. :P

• Yeah... Could you please leave this mumbo-jumbo to others whom understand it :P? I don't have problems with english but im in 2nd grade of gimnasium so i still have pretty basic physics so, if something seems unrealistic that's bcs of that and please, were talking about mod to game so... Also teleports , jetpacks and energy crystals aren't very realistic aswell :]