My fully automatic scrap factory (IC2+BC+RP2)

• Hey everybody, this is my first design of an automated factory (i built a drop sorting machine for my mob grinder just yesterday), the basics are stone generators > block breakers > pipes > recyclers > chests, this is all legit, the only cheat im using is noclip to take the pictures lol because the space there is kinda small, anyways, here are the screenshots :p :

First, the stone generators, the stone is produced and pushed by pistons to the block breakers, these break the stone, and put it into the chests, the pipes retrieves the items from the chest and transport them to the temporary cobblestone storage.

The cobblestone temporary storage, this is the second stage in the production chain, in there, 4 wooden pipes take the items from the chest and take them into 4 separate ways to the next stage:

The end of the production chain: the recyclers; the pipes transport the cobblestone into the recyclers, and when a scrap is made the wooden pipes take it and take it to the main storage pipe.

Here i put a diamond pipe, to take the cobblestone (if any, the design is safe to only allow the scrap to continue to the chests, but better safe than sorry), if the temporary cobblestone storage is full, the incoming cobblestone is burnt in lava 5 blocks below the pipe.

And finally, the scrap storage room, not really a room, but an extension to the factory lol, here the pipe transporting the scrap tries to deposit it into the first chest, if it fails, then it tries into the second chest, and that way if all chest are full, the scrap keeps rotating from chest to chest until it gets in, the overflow system is the one seen in this picture.

Hope you liked my factory, tips or comments are always welcome, thanks! :Chainsaw:

• There's no need to keep rotating the items in the pipes if you use redpower pipes. They got a smart ai and they will ignore full chests. Redpower also got sorters to help sort your items (and it works really good).

Thats nice to know, im pretty new to BC and RP2 itself :p.. maybe in a few days i will update my factory, thanks for the tip!

• WOW, I don't have anything even close to this scale of production.
    my scrap factory is basically just two cobblestone generators(those bastards even require maintenance cuz they clog up every 5 stacks X( ) with block breakers feeding some RP2 pipes that go to a recycler that has a few overclockers
    it's so low tech I have to manually come in and clear out the scrap every once in a while.
    Eh, well its my first steps. I still have to build a mass fabricator a the means to power one

• looking interesting.

not sure why you are using pistons to move the cobble in front of the blockbreakers, as you can place the blockbreakers right in front of where the cobble is created

something like this
    ....:Mining Laser:
    :Lava Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Empty Cell: :Water Cell:
    ........:Empty Cell:

the empty cells are space for the water to flow without killing the lava source block. the uranium cell is where the cobble is produced, with the blockbreaker directly above or below it. usually above. (see mining laser)

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• I realised about that in my first design, but for just looking better i made it that way, aesthetics was quite important for me since my designs are a bit disorganized and building it while making it look good helps with that, anyways, i might change that now, as the sound is fucking killing my ears everytime i go downstairs hahah

• heh, yeah, put a switch on the timer triggering the blockbreakers, then you can turn it off and on whenever

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• heh, yeah, put a switch on the timer triggering the blockbreakers, then you can turn it off and on whenever

There is a lever already, in the first screenshot, behind the timer (at the left-most upper corner) you can barely see it :p

• How exactly can you use redpower pipes with certain ic2 machines? When I try to use them they just attempt to place the blocks in the wrong slots of the machine, for example, cobblestone into a recyclers output slot (where the scrap goes)? Also what is the best method of powering redpower 2 machines, since I find it annoying to alone make the alloys and stuff but also to wire 2 different power sources (IC2 and redpower2) all the way from the solars at ground-level to my underground house.

• How exactly can you use redpower pipes with certain ic2 machines? When I try to use them they just attempt to place the blocks in the wrong slots of the machine, for example, cobblestone into a recyclers output slot (where the scrap goes)? Also what is the best method of powering redpower 2 machines, since I find it annoying to alone make the alloys and stuff but also to wire 2 different power sources (IC2 and redpower2) all the way from the solars at ground-level to my underground house.

Im not using redpower pipes.. and maybe a thermopile? idk

• Just asking, does it reduce lag if you have multiple blockbreakers all running on the same clock? I only have two on the same clock, and it's killing me....

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

location location location. aka: it's sorta just like buildcraft pipes. Recyclers have to be fed from the top. I had a RP2 tube system feeding a set of recyclers just fine in a 1.1 world.
    Also like Drizak suggested a thermopile will work for powering low power stuff like sorting machines and the like. I think the correct ratio is 1 lava and 3 water source but i'm not 100% certain there.

• Too complicated for me. I just use an obsidian pipe to transport the eggs from my chicken farm to my recycler. Fast, efficient, and can be improved at any time.

• Still far too complicated.
    I will do it 2 ways.
    Easiest solution: Use EE2 mod to manufacture a crapload of cobble, then pump it into a recycler (or multiple ones)
    A solution that requires bit more work: build a mob trap. MinecraftCreeper MinecraftSkeleton MinecraftSpider MinecraftZombie will drop down and leave their drops. Pump the drops into a few sorted recyclers (eg 1 recycler for gunpowder and 1 for bones, 1 for arrows 1 for string and 1 for rotten flesh)

• Q: How much scrap do you get every minute?
    I made one that does 25 every minute (it did 125 in 5 minutes, timed with a timer on 300 sec and a tflipflop) (total size: 9*11*5 (lenght*with*height)(control panel excluded)) with tekkit 3 .

• Q: How much scrap do you get every minute?
    I made one that does 25 every minute (it did 125 in 5 minutes, timed with a timer on 300 sec and a tflipflop) (total size: 9*11*5 (lenght*with*height)(control panel excluded)) with tekkit 3 .

My current SMP setup produces....

120 cobble/minute.

It could produce as much as four times that, but the recyclers get overloaded (8 recyclers with 5 overclockers are slightly faster than the generators, allowing me to re-recycle the garbage items from scrap boxes).

• Not bad! What power source are you using to run the recyclers? As far as I can tell from the screenshots this seems to be underground, so it's probably not solar or wind power. Does it use overclocking?

I'm also curious how fast the transport is through the RP2 tubes. I have been using BC pipes and redpower engines to move items in my own factory and it took some tinkering to make the system just barely fast enough to keep up with the BC engines.

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?