[Suggestion] To make Ultra-Low-Voltage-Generators less laggy

• Official Post

Yesterday (ca. 12 hours ago) i came here in the Forum to an Idea, that will reduce the Lag of all these regenerative ULV-Generators, and will "shock" all the people who use Tincables. :D

Why are all these energysources not outputting in 5-EU-Packets? I don't mean that they have to produce 5 EU/t, only that they are storaging the Energy until it reaches 5 EU and then they will output that 5-EU-Packet. Tincables will still be usable because they have a 5-EU-Limit, but they will shock the shit out of you if they are connected to a ULV-Generator.

This new behavior will reduce the Energynet-Lag of Solarpanels, Windgens and Watermills massively AND it will cause that these Solarspammers are Fryed form their fucking Panels if they come to close to it. :D

positive Results of this Idea:
    Less Energynet-Lag from Tincables
    Tincables are not only shocking if they are connected to a high placed Windgenerator.
    Less Solarspammers (or for other regenerative energyforms), because they are afraid to get Fryed.

negative Results of this Idea:
    NONE!!!

No negative Results!!! I can't be wrong!!! 8o

I know this is a good Idea, everyone who not confirms that is an Idiot, or has not checked that the average EU/t's are still the same and is therefor an Idiot.

• No negative results? Now, people get shocked, newbs get confused and we coders have to add AT LEAST 2 lines to the Solar Panels :O

At least TWO WHOLE LINES?! I don't know man, sounds like way too much work. :P

Joking aside, I'm neutral for this, just put a config if you are going to add it.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• i think i'd rather just wait and see Alblaka's "Modular Flat Panels" for the Solar panels to eventually make them output X.EU/t (hopefully up to 512?) i'm kind of curious to though if he will do the same with wind turbines some how. also... can we turn the sound off of only the wind turbines? those 60 wind turbines cause alot of client side strain when they get to close to them from the sounds alone on top of my house and i rather appriciate playing with my sound on, i like the other machine noises :)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• You people and your config files, i swear if you could put world peace in a config file you people would be asking for it >.>

lol would you please?! oh wait.. you wouldn;t anyways cause your "The Certified Asshole" :D that would be against your morals dude :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

You people and your config files, i swear if you could put world peace in a config file you people would be asking for it >.>

That's not only a config in the Serverproperties, it's also an option and named "Peaceful".
    Oh and a configoption for this would cause more then these much two lines of code.

And don't forget these huge two lines must be added to the Windmills and to the Watermills too. :D

i think they are a bit looking like this:

if (this.getStoredEU()>=5.0)
    this.emitEU(5.0);

Don't know the IC²-Code but this way it could work.
    Oh moment the "this." can be removed from the Code, because it's java. 8o

if (getStoredEU()>=5.0)
    emitEU(5.0);

Yes, these are very large lines of Code, and it was very difficult for me to implement it. :P

And the "it shocks people"-part is a pro and not a contra. :D

• That's not only a config in the Serverproperties, it's also an option and named "Peaceful".

Lolz, world "Peace" very nice, surprised i didn't think of that :p well played.

• Size of EU packet directly means maximum cable length. With improving it you will get even larger solar fields.

I know this is a good Idea, everyone who not confirms that is an Idiot, or has not checked that the average EU/t's are still the same and is therefor an Idiot.

This way you will get a great collection of "idiots".

• Official Post

Size of EU packet directly means maximum cable length. With improving it you will get even larger solar fields.

This way you will get a great collection of "idiots".

Nope, no larger Arrays, because these Solarspammers don't want to lose energy for their expensive shit. These Arrays will still have the same size as usual.

This was only to prevent Idiots from spamming "hey it would increase the Solaroutput massively, so we get even more Solarspammers".

And you didn't thought about the fact, that these abusive Solarusers knowing that they will lose Energy on long distances and making their Arrays like before, so i can take you for my "great collection of Idiots". :D

• not every solar spammer does math

that being said just a shot in the dark here how about a button is add to these generators to switch between normal 6eu packet low lag transmission mode.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• not every solar spammer does math

that being said just a shot in the dark here how about a button is add to these generators to switch between normal 6eu packet low lag transmission mode.

because Tin cables will fry if the packets are above 5EUs, also how would you recommend then switching between modes? with redstone signals, that's ALOT of restone wires, specially for something as early in the game as a couple of solar panels and/or wind turbines.

• Then teach it to them! Or say "i know how to make it more efficient!" and steal all their Solars, Trololololol.

lol, that is basically what i did on my server cause like 4 people had each made 70-100 and it was starting to cause server problems, so i stole all the solar panels and told them i would make them way more effective and did some crazy shinanignas and put them in the sky, and then used a Landmark from Buildcraft to make a black laser (red going through blocks) and actually had the solar panels doing nothing, then i powered my house with nuclear reactors and asked them for all their uranium since they didn't need it anymore.

• Nice to hear that someone really did that, lol.

yup, lol, was so much easier on my server and they still got all the power they ever needed from my reactors, before the 1.2.3 update i had 12 Mark2-3 reactors going pumping into a roughly 1.4billion storage wall, this was then either cabled to their house or i sent them Lapatron Crystals in the form of a Bank Office Air Tube like system so they could toss a lapotron in their MFSU to power their house as needed.

EDIT: P.S. once BC is updated with IC2 i could use Piping Gates to make it autosend them a fresh charged crystals when they mail me a dead one back.

• Wasn't tin cable increased to hold 7 EU per packet- in order to handle maxed out Wind Generators? (Or close to max, at least.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Wiki says 5 EU.

And the Wiki is only correct 85% of the time. Kind of like my statistics.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Wiki says 5 EU.

that and if a wind generatpor is going at full speed the wind generator can tear itself apart, it's best to keep their affective block under 80....... wait a minute! how does this affect wind turbines with the new 256 world height? :D *dramatic music as i prepare my fiber optic wires*

if they are left as is then 1 wind turbine will produce 2.7EU/t average under normal operation, but could spike as high as like 24eu/t in a thunderstorm, i wonder if this would cause them to almost instantly break.