Suggestion: Minecart Chain

• indeed. but thing that i dont like and like at same time that its hard to make rails :D

eh rails aren;t that much of a problem, they are especially easy with IC2. i just don;t want to install an entire nother mod for something so simple. but that's how it is sometimes. well, i think i'm going to take a nap for the last 2 hours of hour and then head home. cya fellas later tonight when i get on these forums if i'm not to busy expanding my jungle tree city.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• eh rails aren;t that much of a problem, they are especially easy with IC2. i just don;t want to install an entire nother mod for something so simple. but that's how it is sometimes. well, i think i'm going to take a nap for the last 2 hours of hour and then head home. cya fellas later tonight when i get on these forums if i'm not to busy expanding my jungle tree city.

ok :) you should use railcraft it is awesomly fun. mfe carts, tank carts, lounch rails and stuff like that :D good that there is no nukecarts :DD

• eh rails aren;t that much of a problem, they are especially easy with IC2. i just don;t want to install an entire nother mod for something so simple. but that's how it is sometimes. well, i think i'm going to take a nap for the last 2 hours of hour and then head home. cya fellas later tonight when i get on these forums if i'm not to busy expanding my jungle tree city.

They're far more complicated to make in RC. Not difficult, but there are many more steps to it.

First you need to get enough sand and clay to make a coal coke oven (5 sand, 4 clay per brick, 26 bricks needed), then feed it either coal, which will give coal coke (2x fuel value) and half a creosote, or use wood to get charcoal and a quarter of a creosote. The oven takes 3 minutes to process each item!

You then need to use the creosote on wooden slabs to make rail ties, then combine 4 ties to make a railbed, which replaces the stick in the track recipe.

Even after all that, you need to build a rolling machine (RC's autocraft table) to make rails (6 iron = 6 rails, bronze = 4, refined iron = 8 ), which replace the metal in the track recipe.

Powered tracks now require a different type of rail, also made in the rolling machine. 3 standard rails and 3 gold bars will give 6 gold plate rail.
    High speed tracks need laminate rails, made from 3 iron bar + 3 gold bar to give 3 laminate rails. High speed tracks also use stone railbeds, made from stone ties, which are made from stone slabs and rebar (rolling machine, 3 iron = 6 rebar).
    There are also slower wooden tracks too, for when you want, um, slow tracks.

All that and you've only made your tracks! If you like complicated, you'll love railcraft.

• ehh, i'm not to fond of something THAT complicated. i'd rather just be like "hmm i have 128 Blocks of gold, i think i'll make a high speed track from point A to B. and add a few redstone torches. if it's something that requires a good amount of time to Setup and place then i'd rather the recipie be quick and easy, or vice versa. not both.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• ehh, i'm not to fond of something THAT complicated. i'd rather just be like "hmm i have 128 Blocks of gold, i think i'll make a high speed track from point A to B. and add a few redstone torches. if it's something that requires a good amount of time to Setup and place then i'd rather the recipie be quick and easy, or vice versa. not both.

That's actually simple, all you need is the rolling machine for the rebar and rails, and a bunch of stone for the ties.

• I just thought I'd mention something that may be of interest... A powered cart pulling normal carts moves at the same speed as powered rails so using them together would be kind of a waste of resources. If you link carts you may as well use one or the other, but both would, as was pointed out, cause problems.

I can test this out myself to see how well they would handle with powered rails without an engine cart.

• carts are entities and entities are teleportable right? so why not just cut out the rail and use teleport pads under your storage carts? no need for trains

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• vs. a ton of bronze, iron, wood, coal, redstone, and gold for a proper rail line? and we can always suggest teleporting be made cheaper

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

vs. a ton of bronze, iron, wood, coal, redstone, and gold for a proper rail line? and we can always suggest teleporting be made cheaper

Railline = pay once use unlimited
    Teleport = pay per every use

So after a certain amount of uses the Rail is better even if a bit slower and i don't know if a Teleporter can Teleport you outside the loaded chunks.

And why a ton of Coal? Oh moment you are using Railcraft, but seriously, why Coal if Highspeedrails are not costing Woodties.

• High speed rails are only for straight line running. You need regular rails to trun, board and disembark, load and unload.

I also tested the cart linking. It works very well with powered carts and booster rails, but using both isn't recommended.

• Railline = pay once use unlimited
    Teleport = pay per every use

So after a certain amount of uses the Rail is better even if a bit slower and i don't know if a Teleporter can Teleport you outside the loaded chunks.

And why a ton of Coal? Oh moment you are using Railcraft, but seriously, why Coal if Highspeedrails are not costing Woodties.

with solar, water, wind, burning scrap, scaffolds, charcoal, and the sheer power of uranium how much eu it costs each time isn't that big of an issue

• Another railcraft user here, I love the track options and the recipes end up giving you more track for your materials than vanilla. You can have proper track switching and signalling as well. The only thing I don't like is that three minute burn time to get your creosote. IC2's machines and upgrades have made me impatient. The wood/iron/stone posts are also really cool, and really let me get that whole "industrial hellhole" aesthetic going on. It works really well with IC2

• Another railcraft user here, I love the track options and the recipes end up giving you more track for your materials than vanilla. You can have proper track switching and signalling as well. The only thing I don't like is that three minute burn time to get your creosote. IC2's machines and upgrades have made me impatient. The wood/iron/stone posts are also really cool, and really let me get that whole "industrial hellhole" aesthetic going on. It works really well with IC2

wel, since an fellow inpatient person. do it as i always do. make multiple of one thing.

(my IC2 workshop has 10 machines which do the same to feed 10 furnaces. lets me proces 5 stacks at every time. (32 ore in macerator - 64 dusts etc)

i dont have experience with railcraft, but making multiple is always an good sollution for inpatient people

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.