[Suggestion] Yes, again it's me with a Silversuggestion

• heck an addon on developer could add it now. ic2 already has the useless silver dust after all. (and silver dust is used in many real life products)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I think your silver idea went copper.

I'm sure this is really funny but I don't get it care to explain?

EDIT:tapped wikipedia for more realistic ic2 uses and here is what i came up with
    combine silver dust with glass panes to make mirrors(mirrors can't be used to see reflections Steve is to ugly) which are used to make solar furnaces solar furnaces that work like regular furnaces but for free if they have a straight shot to the sky (the jobs just take longer)

turns out nuclear control rods are 80% silver so the idea is a control rod item that lets uranium adjacent to it interact and when it melts and breaks the 2 uranium are now separated by an empty space.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• And again everyone, who complains Silver does not belong to IC², gets shot, because that is obviously a suggestion to ADD it to IC², while it's possible!

be my guest, alblaka already stated countles times that Silver WIL NOT be implemented into core IC2, its only used in the macerator recipe becouse of popular demand.
    dont get me wrong, id like to see it as wel, but i think this is becomming an sort of "lightning rod" suggestion by now....

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Hmm, does anyone know how to add an addon to IC², i mean decompiler, compiler and such stuff, the codething i will find out myself. I can Java, but i don't really have the tools now.

My Addon would include Silverore, Silveringot (Silverdust is already there), some Silverrecipes, maybe a Silvercrop and weighted Recycling (with a config to turn it off).

I hate the ridiculous amounts of Silver, Eloraam generates and want to turn that completely off in her config. Oh and it would be usable with oregenerating Mods like Better Veins or Oreveins.

Edit: A sort of Lightningrodsuggestion? Why not making a Lightningrod out of Silver, lol. :D

• Official Post

It seems if you show like ten good uses for silver, it can be added. Not dumb ones.

Circuits, Advanced Circuits, Glassfibrecable, Advanced Machineblocks, Industrial Credits (instead of Iron), Silver Tools (like the Golden ones), Integrated Heatdispenser (instead of Copper), disabling Eloraams Silveroregeneration. That are only eight, but if that doesn't gets added then i will make an Addon for it.

• like some smart someone somewhere probably said "the best way to get a suggestion implemented is to make a super awesome kickbutt mod!"

EDIT: silver zombie repellent? i still really like the solar optical furnace idea

EDIT: silver is used in mirrors and optics your addon should use that (or some other quality unique to silver) as its primary feature other wise it will just look like a gold substitute.

• Official Post

like some smart someone somewhere probably said "the best way to get a suggestion implemented is to make a super awesome kickbutt mod!"

EDIT: silver zombie repellent? i still really like the solar optical furnace idea

EDIT: silver is used in mirrors and optics your addon should use that (or some other quality unique to silver) as its primary feature other wise it will just look like a gold substitute.

You edited faster then my internet could load (already 5GB Limit reached, now slow), Solaroptical furnace... i would include that.

• You edited faster then my internet could load (already 5GB Limit reached, now slow), Solaroptical furnace... i would include that.

yeah sorry about that i'm a little scatter brained right now normally my posts are better thought out.

• Solar furnace is the only idea, I like here. And it can be done without silver, by glass only.
    Silver tools? Even gold tools is a bad idea.
    Circuits? They exist and gold is better material for it.
    Advanced machines? No need for silver.

• glass can let the sunlight in and stop the heat from escaping but real life solar-ovens use mirrors for maximum efficiency and direct the light into what you want to cook(think a civilianized Archimedes death ray) and the best material we use in real life for that is polished silver backed glass

silver is also used in real life nuclear control rods slowing nuclear reactions

silver powered rail? you can never have enough powered rail :D

• Powered Rails? Added to my List. I still need a good decompiler and a way to compile it without having to decompile everything at once with the commandprompt. Would Eclipse work good?

I use eclipse and MCP, however, I have yet to get forge to work with it properly. I may try again now that I have my new computer. It works great for vanilla modding with modloader.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I use eclipse and MCP, however, I have yet to get forge to work with it properly. I may try again now that I have my new computer. It works great for vanilla modding with modloader.

Forge plays nicely for single player, but decompiling doesn't play nice with multiplayer. Just thought to let you know.

• No. There will be no plant to grow Uranium. Ever.

excuse me i need to update my list of hopes and dreams
    1.get uranium from uum
    2.get uranium from scrap
    3.get uranium from agriculture(sigh)
    4.get uranium from energy drinks
    5.get uranium by making completely mobile flying, teleporting, or crawling base

• Official Post

excuse me i need to update my list of hopes and dreams
    1.get uranium from uum
    2.get uranium from scrap
    3.get uranium from agriculture(sigh)
    4.get uranium from energy drinks
    5.get uranium by making completely mobile flying, teleporting, or crawling base

I think you can forget Point 4, but Point 5.
    If Eloraam releases Frames you CAN definetly do that with a flying/driving Base, i've investigated in Frames and found that out, but i'm not sure if you really want to make a crawling Base.

Oh and your Point 5 is my Point ONE of minecraftreleated hopes, because i want to build a Landscapeeater, Muahahahahaha.