Suggestion: More Quantum Stuff

• Currently, the only thing iridium is used for is making quantum armor. I thought of a few ideas.

Quantum Accelerator:
    Speeds up/slows down time.
    Uses energy, the faster, or slower you want time to go, the more energy it uses. So 1.5x slower would use 128eu/t, but 2x would be 512eu/t.

Not sure of a crafting recipe, I'm thinking something with iridium plates, teles, and freqtrans. Probably not so great in smp though. Probably wouldn't affect mobs or players.

Quantum Fabricator:
    Like a mass fabricator, but 2x more efficient. Also works with upgrades, and has a built in recycler that automatically transfers scrap.

Crafted with mass fab, adv machine on top, recycler on bottom, 6 iridium plates on the sides

• first WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :D (huh second time i said that in 5min(and about iridium to. do you know a user with the username of zak?))

second the quantum accelerator has already been proposed and generally rejected due to the buggyness associated with screwing with world time

third the mass fab is the big end game machine and is second only to the quantum suit so it is very powerful as such adding an even more powerful version will get probably get a very polarized reaction you have been warned (in a good way :D not like i'm scolding you or anything)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Quantum Accelerator:
    Uses energy, the faster, or slower you want time to go, the more energy it uses. So 1.5x slower would use 128eu/t, but 2x would be 512eu/t.

Not sure of a crafting recipe, I'm thinking something with iridium plates, teles, and freqtrans. Probably not so great in smp though. Probably wouldn't affect mobs or players.

A very similar idea was proposed only a handful of threads below yours, and, like PassingLurker pointed out, has been met with general disapproval due to bugginess, similarity to EE, cheatiness, etc. Not to mention the lag factor you'd encounter with running your IC2 currents and whatnot at 2x speed...

As for a Quantum Mass Fabricator, the already existing massfab has the potential to generate something from literally nothing (if powered by renewable energy). What more could you possibly want? :P Admittedly, you seem to have thought up a pretty decent way to upgrade it, but it really doesn't need upgrading. If anything, you might want to suggest it for the Advanced Machines addon.

• I would like to see Quantum Upgrades now since I think you could store such info inside an item? Or if it is possible someone should add to forge or something new slots to the game :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Currently, the only thing iridium is used for is making quantum armor. I thought of a few ideas.

Quantum Accelerator:

sorry but no, the idea itself sounds great when you think of it in your head but it causes ALOT of calculation issues with block updates and similar stuff and causes some really weird issues and glitches.

i have almost no idea what you were trying to say hear other then "maybe a new teleporting device that doesn't work on player?"... what would be the point of that? unless you could make a Mass Teleporting Device that you could use to suck up all the animals in a 12 by 12 area and teleport them to a reciever back at your base so that you don't have to struggle trying to get 2-8 to follow you at one time through a jungle or over an ocean.

Quantum Fabricator:
    Like a mass fabricator, but 2x more efficient. Also works with upgrades, and has a built in recycler that automatically transfers scrap.

Crafted with mass fab, adv machine on top, recycler on bottom, 6 iridium plates on the sides

this would be an interesting concept but i think i might be able to improve your idea. how about have this QMF (Quantum Mass Fabricator) be able to accept 2048eus on all faces like the current Massfab to you could eccentially make or produce 4 times faster at the same ratio and production accordingly, so it would use energy 4 times faster but would produce 4 times faster. THEN!: have it cabaple of sucking scrap automatically from a chest connected to a side of it. this way you could take all the scrap from your recyclers (let's say 27 stacks of scrap) and put it all in this chest and the QMF would syphon and burn though this scrap at the same rate as which you would be applying power.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

You should edit the extraquote away, Snoochy.

Useless stuff, my Ideas were a bit better like a UUM-Craftingdevice instead of a Craftingtable.

And i dont know, why Alblaka is not adding explosionresistant Iridiumblocks (out of 9 Iridium Ore and not Iridiumplates) and making the Personal Safes not resistant against Nukes or Reactors.

• You should edit the extraquote away, Snoochy.

Useless stuff, my Ideas were a bit better like a UUM-Craftingdevice instead of a Craftingtable.

And i dont know, why Alblaka is not adding explosionresistant Iridiumblocks (out of 9 Iridium Ore and not Iridiumplates) and making the Personal Safes not resistant against Nukes or Reactors.

lol, nah the quotation problem was from me mispelling "Qoute" lol, i fixed it,

and yeah most of it is useless or irrelavant ccause you can basically engineer or make other alternatives to everything mentioned in the OP, but it my job to balance ideas, not simply slap them down unless they are completely useless and bad outways the good by like 5 to 1.

and yes, i agree the UUM-Crafting Table is a GREAT idea, specially if i could stockpile like 10 stacks of matter in it and be like "yeah i'll spend 12 matter for 4 Electric Circuits! saves me the trouble of making everything myself at a higher cost of energy/UUM".

and the Iridium blocks.... i don't know why he doesn't add them but i would greatly appriciate it. and i agree, Personal Safes should be industructable but should allow the nuclear blast to go through/around them. that way people don't use them as cheap explosion prof Utility blocks to make a house of of AND store stuff inside the walls at the same time. also it would be a great way to store large amounts of iridium.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Addon IC2 Idea
    Advanced Quantum Suit
    Helmet has 4 slots- can equip solar panels or fusion generator- insanely expensive- needs fusion coolers times 3
    Chest piece has 2 slots- Batpack or lappack or advanced MFSU crafted like - M=MFSU, A= Reactor shielding L=Lappack D=Advanced Circuit.
    A D A
    A M A
    A L A
    and jetpack slot or personal teleport.
    Legs- Can hold Super speed. and Coolant - 2 slots
    Feet- Can hold Jet feet - holdleft shift while in the air and hover- takes 2 slots 1 per foot. with. 2 slots only 1 it is a slow descend
    Portable Teleport
    Link by right click on standard teleporter. Uses more energy than standard teleporter and needs to be placed in advanced quantum suit chest

• Yeah it was just a matter of time.

NO, Quantum suit its the best of the best and will not receive ANY new upgrade. If you want any better go play Creative.

This. You're already literally immortal while wearing the Q-suit, and you get super speed, super jump, and water breathing on top. Not to mention that Alblaka has said before that there will never be an "omni-chest" armor+lappack+jetpack combo piece.

In addition to all of that, it would probably be incredibly difficult to code armor that has its own inventories, and the ability to use items from inside the armor's inventory while wearing the armor.

• In addition to all of that, it would probably be incredibly difficult to code armor that has its own inventories, and the ability to use items from inside the armor's inventory while wearing the armor.

NBT-Tags! NBT-TAGS!

Look at Forestry backpacks and you should understand.

• NBT-Tags! NBT-TAGS!

Look at Forestry backpacks and you should understand.

First: note "probably." I haven't used Forestry mod, but I'm reasonably certain that its backpacks don't allow you to use items that are inside the backpack while they're still inside the backpack.

What he's talking about isn't just a wearable inventory, it's an MFSU+backpack with a teleporter inside the backpack, that the user uses by right-clicking while holding whatever item is in his hands. A wearable inventory that the user actively interacts with without actually opening the inventory. It's not a question of whether it's possible to combine a storage chest and armor; it's a question of whether it's possible to use a teleporter that's stored inside a chest (that the user is wearing).

• First: note "probably." I haven't used Forestry mod, but I'm reasonably certain that its backpacks don't allow you to use items that are inside the backpack while they're still inside the backpack.

What he's talking about isn't just a wearable inventory, it's an MFSU+backpack with a teleporter inside the backpack, that the user uses by right-clicking while holding whatever item is in his hands. A wearable inventory that the user actively interacts with without actually opening the inventory. It's not a question of whether it's possible to combine a storage chest and armor; it's a question of whether it's possible to use a teleporter that's stored inside a chest (that the user is wearing).

Everything its possible, but it depends on your coding skills and how much time you want to dedicate to that project. Although i admit it could require some degree of modification of vainilla minecraft and that will only make that thing take a lot more time. (Because modifications to minecraft should be done by request to the forge mantainer)

Like i always say, its less of a "how", and more of a "when"

• Everything its possible, but it depends on your coding skills and how much time you want to dedicate to that project. Although i admit it could require some degree of modification of vainilla minecraft and that will only make that thing take a lot more time. (Because modifications to minecraft should be done by request to the forge mantainer)

Like i always say, its less of a "how", and more of a "when"

Which brings us back to "incredibly difficult." And the discussion is academic, because he's still talking about adding functionality above and beyond the concept of Q-armor+lappack+jetpack which has already been shot down by Alblaka. So even if/when you get beyond the technical hurdles, it's still too overpowered to happen.

• First: note "probably." I haven't used Forestry mod, but I'm reasonably certain that its backpacks don't allow you to use items that are inside the backpack while they're still inside the backpack.

maybe add a keybind that activates the portable :Teleporter: