Suggestion: Iridium Bayonet

• so here's the idea: The Iridium Bayonet. it's a knife that you could attach to the end of a mining laser to allow it to sheer sheer and tap into Resin Holes with it's left-click "melee attack" it could also do the damage equal to an iron Sword when your Mining Laser runs out of energy and you have nothing else to stab that spider with :D
    recipe would be like this:

:Iridium::Iridium::Refined Iron:
    ....:Refined Iron::Mining Laser:
    ........ :Refined Iron:

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• didn't you tell me there was to many swiss army knife suggestions already?

after seeing what you posted in my thread im really tempted to call in a napalm strike on this :cursing:

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• this is a very quick and easy alternative to shut all of them down, this isn;t really a swiss army knife idea, this is a "add one thing to the best tool already and use it for almost everything. you'd still need a diamond drill to harvest obsidian. and a nano-saber will still be more powerful. with this you also wouldn;t need all those tool box suggestions.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• you shoot down my idea for the whole thread and then go make your own thread which is virtually a carbon copy of my idea! :cursing:

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• you shoot down my idea for the whole thread and then go make your own thread which is virtually a carbon copy of my idea!

lol, honostly dude i was never trying to shoot down your idea, i was trying to find a balancing element about it whcih kept getting side swiped back over into the either useless or overpowered side. i feel this idea of simply adding a single item that you'l use in a recipie with another item would not only be easy on the coders who would be implimenting the idea but also would appease everyone that have made the 5 or 6 similar suggestions in the past. and is still relatively material balanced and would be considered very end game.

p.s. you already "carbon copied" my exact same idea but downgraded it from energy items to bronze that you can repair on the go and made a thread about it. i was only trying to help man so relax. it's not about "whose idea it was" it's the fact that it is an idea that some of us would like to get passed and implimented.

• that wasn't a multi tool that was handheld chest stop saying i copied it I got the idea from fenrix saying "whats a tool box? no one uses those" all your "suggestions" were change the bronze tool into the advanced tool box you ignored the fact i cooked up the bronze multi tool to try and appease those who thought it was op other wise the idea would have went no where and besides the devs are perfectly capable of ironing out any wrinkles to make an item useful I was trying to generate popular consensus for the concept.

• Official Post

How large is the possibility Alblaka will make this? That's a question i'm ever asking myself before posting a Suggestion. :|

And a bayonett? Are we in the Renaissance or in a Zombieapocalypse or what?
    Oh yes, i forgot the Zombieapocalypse. :whistling:

• lol, we could be in the zombie apocalypse, i know we're not in the Renaissaunce period because we have Mass Fabrication Devices and Nuclear Reactors.

• regardless this is a huge breach of the repeat suggestion rules and like the material separator this thread should be locked IMO but that could just be cause im mad nvm i took some deep breaths and counted to ten im good now
    and like I said in the other thread the issue is moot cause of this
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ew__findpost__p__13948861
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ew__findpost__p__13951819

• sadly i can't view either of those at the moment since i'm at work and our FireWall is retarded and is blocking it. but it's nice to know that something like that is being added.

• sadly i can't view either of those at the moment since i'm at work and our FireWall is retarded and is blocking it. but it's nice to know that something like that is being added.

well assuming the client releases it to the public it could be better than we could have hoped basically it could be able to be a swiss army tool that can use tools from ANY mod. maybe

• i'd pay/donate funds for alblaka to release this in IC2 :)

• SO let me get this straight. You have a futuristic weapon, forged from rare metal alloys and special energy crystals. It probably weighs 10-15 lbs to lug around. You want to stick a KNIFE onto the barrel of this extremely futuristic weapon? It's like taping a shovel onto a tunnel boring machine ... And how is a knife on a 15 lb gun supposed to somehow draw the sap out of a tree? I praise you for thinking outside the box, but this is something that is not really necessary in day-to-day minecraft life, nor is it practical from a rational sense. And yes, it definitely IS a swiss army knife suggestion. The mining laser was never ever meant to be a primary weapon, and although you could definitely use it like one, you would make Swiss cheese of your map every time you miss a shot. Since your mining laser is not a primary weapon, it follows that you would have accompanying tools such as a chainsaw that would function better as a melee weapon (including the balancing effect of taking power to do things, instead of an infinite durability bayonet) which would probably do the job better anyways.

A more applicable suggestion might be some sort of composite alloy knife that has no knockback like a sword does, but does similar damage and lasts much longer. Think Counter-Strike!

• Official Post

SO let me get this straight. You have a futuristic weapon, forged from rare metal alloys and special energy crystals. It probably weighs 10-15 lbs to lug around. You want to stick a KNIFE onto the barrel of this extremely futuristic weapon? It's like taping a shovel onto a tunnel boring machine ...

Which is why this suggestion sticks out from the rest :3
    Putting it on the list, though as low priority. Will not extract resin, but the idea of putting an iridium bayonett on a Mining Laser is just too hilarious not to implement. Just like Solar Helmet.

• Which is why this suggestion sticks out from the rest :3
    Putting it on the list, though as low priority. Will not extract resin, but the idea of putting an iridium bayonett on a Mining Laser is just too hilarious not to implement. Just like Solar Helmet.

lol thanks, so i'm guessing it's other 2 functions will still stand? Sheering stuff and causing "Iron Sword" Damage or higher when hit with a melee attack?

• My worry with this weapon is that it would be OP. Because the durability bar of the mining laser would be used for the power level, there is (as far as I know) no other way to record the durability of a stabbity thing on the end of it.

• Official Post

My worry with this weapon is that it would be OP. Because the durability bar of the mining laser would be used for the power level, there is (as far as I know) no other way to record the durability of a stabbity thing on the end of it.

It's Iridium. Consider the amoutn of energy ned to produce 2 Iridium Plates. Divide it by 1000 for each hit if you're greedy.. amount of possible hits is still QUITE infinite. >> doesn't need durability.

• It's Iridium. Consider the amoutn of energy ned to produce 2 Iridium Plates. Divide it by 1000 for each hit if you're greedy.. amount of possible hits is still QUITE infinite. >> doesn't need durability.

9,333 uses if you don't use UU-Matter to get the rest.

Assuming you use scraps in the Mass-Fabricator (most people do).

IT'S OVER 9000- But under 10,000. Infinite=9,000? :O

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.