why are lightning rods so bad?!

• i guess that the only way not to make a lightning rod overpowered is to make an expensive block attached to the lightning rod made to cope with the sudden extreme voltage.though the rarity of a lightning strike is high so you may aswell burn stuff in a genarator for power. :thumbup: i understand now.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wel zak, as an personal idea of the lightning rods i at first was also suprised with an "why not"

seems alblaka doesnt want it, (he is hunted since the implementation of weather about ligtning rods) and just as FenixR and some other's explained.
    the sheer randomnes of an thunderstorm. it just isnt that likely that u wil get an thunderstorm that often...

okey, picturing and flat plane covering 100 chunks + fitted with lightning rods to catch that one lucky strike for some EU.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Meta Block Ids.

if al wanted to he could code 10k+ different kinds of generators and it would only use 1 Block Id in the process. Not that he will bother with something so useless like that.

That's what Eloraam does or my CropBlock is capable of. IC Machine run on sole metadata though, it's simpler and less CPU-effective. And less bugged.

@LightnignRod: The second "Weather" was announced to come in minecraft (was that back in Beta 1.5? Ol' times), my IC thread was getting spammed with Lightning Rod suggestions.
    Given Lightning Rods would be near useless in first place and aren't exactly ned either, idea is denied and generally frowned upon, because it's a prime example of people ignoring the Search function and cluttering the forum with useless threads on a weekly basis.

• don't take this question the wrong way but is it possible code wise to make a localized (say 1 or 2 chunk wide?) thunder storm?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• one problem with the lightning rod is when you get the Abyss Helmet from Equivalent Exchange 2, you can call down lightning strikes. Just spam the R key and you get a bajillion EU. Although EE2 does allow you to get the highest level stuff on day one, so this would be nothing new. Otherwise I think the idea of a lightning rod is great, but it should either have a chance to burn out or be ungodly expensive, even with EE2.

• one problem with the lightning rod is when you get the Abyss Helmet from Equivalent Exchange 2, you can call down lightning strikes. Just spam the R key and you get a bajillion EU. Although EE2 does allow you to get the highest level stuff on day one, so this would be nothing new. Otherwise I think the idea of a lightning rod is great, but it should either have a chance to burn out or be ungodly expensive, even with EE2.

One Add two mods together and they smach each other "internal" balance.

Two, No the idea of a lightning rod its still stupid no matter what you do with it.