Electric jetpack height limit and flying time bug.....

• The electric jetpack in 1.2.4. is flying for ridiculously long amounts of time and theres no height limit of 85 blocks over bedrock.....

And before you ask no , I don't have Hover mode on.........

EDIT - The actual cap is 192 blocks above bedrock?????????

:Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT::Nuke TNT:

• The amount was flexible since when I adapted electric jetpacks to comply with world height mods. The maximum flight height is the world height divided by 1.28:

100 blocks high for a 128 tall world (pre-1.2, and yes, I increased it from 85 back then)
    200 blocks high for a 256 tall world (1.2)
    400 blocks high for a 512 tall world
    800 blocks high for a 1024 tall world
    1600 blocks high for a 2048 tall world (hypothetical)
    3200 blocks high for a 4096 tall world (hypothetical)
    and so on.

• In any case, I found while using 1.81 that if I take off the jetpack, then put it on again, the jetpack gets magically recharged for some reason.

I'm playing on SMP, Forge 1.4.1.59, and buildcraft 2.2.13, in case you're interested.

• I actually found that the jetpack (doesn't matter if electric or fuel) gets recharged already once you take it off. Not to mention the landing issues, which really go into my rubber boots :D

• So the damage I receive will be calculated from the highest point I reached at any time during my time of flight? Is there any way to solve this at any point or is it something which would be "impossible" with what you are currently given to work with?

• Same for me, I am in SMP 1.90.

I did a bit more testing, I can easily fligh up and land on a higher surface without losing life. However, when I fall down and use the jetpack to slow down my speed, i still lose all the live I would without the jetpack.

• In 1.81 SMP there is definitely an issue as what I would call routine and ideal landings are resulting in enough damage to kill people from full health while wearing nano armor.

Just for the sake of clarity most of the landings I attempted were what I would call the lunar lander method where I came to almost a complete stop in vertical movement a short hop above the ground and then just tapped the throttle on and off to descend gently. I don't think I was moving at much of a horizontal speed but it is possible that there was a fair bit of it if that would have an impact on the landing calculations.

• In 1.81 SMP there is definitely an issue as what I would call routine and ideal landings are resulting in enough damage to kill people from full health while wearing nano armor.

Just for the sake of clarity most of the landings I attempted were what I would call the lunar lander method where I came to almost a complete stop in vertical movement a short hop above the ground and then just tapped the throttle on and off to descend gently. I don't think I was moving at much of a horizontal speed but it is possible that there was a fair bit of it if that would have an impact on the landing calculations.

You can remove horizontal speed from the equation easily by making a tube of material to test with. Fly up the centre of the tube, fly back down again, using jetpack to cut velocity before landing. The fall damage is definitely not based on movement speed, and seems to be based solely upon the highest altitude achieved since last touching the ground.

• So is there any way around it? I mean it should be possible to get the fall distance from the last highest position until you hit the ground where this time was not interrupted by pressing space or is that just not possible due to the way minecraft calculates it?

It is getting quite annoying I have to admit, because the jetpack is only useful when you try to get somewhere high up but not for lets say jumping down or flying around. Also the jetpack still recharges once you remove it from the chest armor slot :P