[Suggestion] Nerf Quantum/Nano armor in SMP

• My suggestion is to maybe have some way in a config file maybe to nerf the amount of damage that quantum and nano armor absorb. I run a private IC2 server and alot of the time my players just obtain quantum or nano armor and just wear that. Its practically god mode and it ruins the fun for players who don't have a nano saber to knock out people wearing the armor.

• correct me if i'm wrong but can't you just disable the q-suit entirely with some fancy server plugin? personally i think good tactics can allow a lesser faction to beat qsuit users. simply put destroy every thing more advanced than a batbox your foe maybe explosion proof but not his infrastructure so nuke him and remove all mfe+ from your bases for when he raids you for power eventually the suits will drain and will be useless. also realize ic isn't meant for pvp alblaka is working on an addon to add more serious weapons to balance against qsuits

EDIT:the computercraft turtle makes a good nuke delivery system by the way
    EDIT: OH! and foam bombing! just spray them with cf foam. the qsuit and nano armor don't protect from block suffocation

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• hmmz.

i dont do smp alot, but just adding an efficiency reduction in the config files would do.

like say : qsuit - 50% efficient. (refered to the sp qsuit)

reducing its efficiency by an set amount you can enter, should do the trick and avoid alot of coding.
    however, personal opinion sais +0 for me on this one

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Wait for the IC2 PVP expansion.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Quantum Suit is meant to be OP
    (Thus the expensiveness)
    Also, the "Nerf Killer" is right. You may not be able to kill them, but take away their infrastructure and they are as good as dead.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Quantum Suit is meant to be OP
    (Thus the expensiveness)
    Also, the "Nerf Killer" is right. You may not be able to kill them, but take away their infrastructure and they are as good as dead.

Eh, it's not all that expensive. I can get a full qsuit in under 24 hours of solid play. So, if you think that this stuff is expensive, think again. Passive EU generation is just too OP.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• so to recap
    1. any squad of monkeys with nano sabers is capable of killing a q-suit/nano-suit user and steal his suit
    2. suits NEED at least a mfe or mfsu to charge so if you evolve beyond monkey level tactics you can starve q-suits and nano-suits by removing/heavily guarding all advance power storage blocks
    3. best way to clear out mfe's and mfsu's is to use nukes. pvp is war don't sugar coat it if you can't handle your life's work getting cratered by a cheep noob with a nuke and a lever cause you were to cheep and lazy to make your base out of reinforced stone you shouldn't be playing pvp and as a result not complaining about suits doing what they are intended for.
    4. q-suits are god mode that is intentional don't be mad you can't take them out with stupid brute force use your brain, lay traps, lag out the server, fight dirty, or get a suit yourself
    5. or hand out nano suit kits to every one to level the playing field

EDIT: it doesn't matter if its expensive or not. if it is its balanced vs. its awesome power. if its not then the playing field is level and your users just suck at minecraft(no offence)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

The computercraft turtle makes a good nuke delivery system by the way

Oh NO, why are you telling them that, hopefully no one will make a CC-Turtleprogram for that and shares it with others. 8o

• I've suggested an idea similar to this, 80% damage reduction is like a full set of diamond armor at max durability. I feel all that compressed into one piece of unbreakable armor is quite reasonable as I run an SMP server myself and I feel options are very important. The other pieces seemingly add armor as well so that's something to take into account.

The issue there would be if the other pieces add armor why even bother going for quantum chest?

possible solutions given other pieces add armor:
    - add EU charge with durability instead of 100% less damage?
    - remove damage reduction on other items

If you run a bukkit server look into a permissions based plugin like PermissionsEx or a mod that prevents crafting items like Disablecraft.
    For now I have quantum chest/nano chest + quantum legs disabled and keep the helmet and boots. On hardmode in nether I wasn't swiming in lava anymore that's for sure hehe. I still took a lot less damage though :)

• Eh, it's not all that expensive. I can get a full qsuit in under 24 hours of solid play. So, if you think that this stuff is expensive, think again. Passive EU generation is just too OP.

If it's not expensive, it shouldn't be a problem to get, no?

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Any sane person would activate that speed boost to escape if the odds were against them, or more likely combat-log. It's impossible to hold a monopoly on energy, and anyone that has Quantum certainly isn't some bozo that's easily raided.
    There is pretty much only one legit way to defeat Quantum, which would be to find a hole in bedrock and trick them into falling into the void, and that's quite hard.

• Any sane person would activate that speed boost to escape if the odds were against them, or more likely combat-log. It's impossible to hold a monopoly on energy, and anyone that has Quantum certainly isn't some bozo that's easily raided.
    There is pretty much only one legit way to defeat Quantum, which would be to find a hole in bedrock and trick them into falling into the void, and that's quite hard.

first what part of ic2 is not intended for pvp and alblaka is working on a pvp addon didn't you understand.

second it doesn't matter where they run if they can't charge their suit. and when there is no way to charge electric weapons and armor the guy who invested in splash potions and enchanted diamond armor wins. you want to beat guys in quantum armor? then go back to your vanilla roots and start brewing, and exp farming