[Unofficial][SSP/SMP] Way to make IC2 v1.90 working on MC 1.2.5 with forge 3.x

• Think not becouse ic2 needs to be ported to use fml, this hotfix still uses mlMP, my solution is temporary till official update :), i can attach whole jar if ic2 staff allow me this :) (need i permission?)

• No such luck, boss. I tried this with the 75, 81, and 84 builds of Forge 3.

So in other words, Alblaka's going to have to refactor IC2 to use the now-native Forge support, for whatever it is that ModloaderMP used to do. Hopefully that shouldn't be too difficult.

• So in other words, Alblaka's going to have to refactor IC2 to use the now-native Forge support, for whatever it is that ModloaderMP used to do. Hopefully that shouldn't be too difficult.

At least that. But what I ran into wasn't really informative about this.

As an aside:
    vinko12, I can't tell whether your patch introduces a memory leak or just duplicates a lot of allocation, but when I add IC2 to my mod collection, using it, memory allocation continuously climbs until it's at least 350MB higher than without IC2. It might go higher, but I can't tell because that's the level that crashes Minecraft due to memory shortages. Previously, IC2 cost ~200MB. Good on you rolling out the fix, dude, but you might want to look it over and see if there's optimization room.

• gonna look for it, but i am working full time and have limited time, BTW. gimme more details forge build, other mods used, what ic2 stuff used etc

• Brother, your time is your own, and I don't want to put a burden on it. I understand this to be something you probably did for your own sake and were kind enough to share; I'm not going to look down my nose at charity.

That said, I would be terribly remiss if I didn't answer your questions.

Now, that answers the Forge version and parallel mods questions. The last question is the best part! I'm not using any IC2 stuff at all.

Ores, no doubt, are spawning in the world, and I have seen a few rubber trees, but that's it. Generally, it crashes every 90s of runtime, and that's not enough from a clean start to even get an iron furnace. My gut instinct is to say that this implicates the interactions between your patch and ModLoaderMP more than something that happened internally to IC2, but I'm only speculating blindly on how you implemented this. If I'm wrong, well, it won't surprise me. Minecraft core isn't optimized, really, and I'm tying it into a lot of knots.

• i am running quite big and laggy geotermal power plant + solar array + BC quary and recycler array to recycle trash and no crash after running 5h non stop, forge 3.0.1.75, and many other mods, try to run only ic2

• are the developers skiping 1.2.5? i looked at this post the other day and thought "cool but needs modloader...ill wait" but if this is the only way to get ic2 to work in 1.2.5 then well waiting seems silly.
    (i did look to see if theres anya news on 1.2.5 native version but well all i could find was people saying about being banned if you ask for a release date (which is why im wondering if i have missed an announcement along the way) )

so yeah is 1.2.5 being skipped by the team?

• i am running quite big and laggy geotermal power plant + solar array + BC quary and recycler array to recycle trash and no crash after running 5h non stop, forge 3.0.1.75, and many other mods, try to run only ic2

If you're interested in troubleshooting, I suppose it's worth the hassle. I'll go through the list until I figure out what's conflicting.

edit: Oh, hey, better yet, which of the mods I listed are you -not- running in your no-problems setup? I'll start with those.
    edit edit: It doesn't matter, actually.

Just finished crashing Minecraft on a pure install of your patch and all its dependencies. ML, MLMP, MCF, IC, that's it. Hey, it took a lot longer than when I'm already eating up a tone of space with other mods, so if you have a memory leak, it's a tiny one. I hit 830MB in about ten minutes, and from that point on I started getting the ever-entertaining texture flashing and blocky orange polygons glitch I've had trouble with in IC2 in the past. This made the surface a dangerous land of invisible cliffs and skeletons carefully disguised as the tree they shelted under, and spelunking was basically a never-ending bad joke at my expense, but I pressed on. For another hour, I pressed on through graphics failures that increased in frequency as the memory problem gradually increased, until finally javaw exited silently.

I'll follow this up with the entire crash report, assuming it fits. Good luck, and the error be someone else's.

edit edit edit:
    Still a few thousand characters too long. I'll send you what you ask for, but otherwise, I think I'll be sitting this patch out.

• Anyone found a way to fix the texture-bug? I was messing around with it a while and didnt get a solution. Its the only Problem i see with this method ;) Im playing with some french guys on my server and to explain wich side is the one to connect is a bit hard.

TrinityCraft Server, Whitelist.

Ic2/BC3/Forestry Railcraft/Logistics Pipes/Nuclear Control and more!

• Awesome! If Eloraam manages it to release 4f at this weekend my server is complete <3 Hope your texturefix will be as good as your 1.2.5 patch ;) Lots of cookies for u Sire!

TrinityCraft Server, Whitelist.

Ic2/BC3/Forestry Railcraft/Logistics Pipes/Nuclear Control and more!

• how should i go about getting this to work with my minecaft-server.jar since installing mc forge and mlmp both makes the server not run. do i just install forge only?

• i used to make wind mills for energy but it seems like they don't work and only thing that works is solar energy panel that is expensive, i guess

is that just for me? or everyone has same problem?

do u have any idea about this problem?

lack of energy means i can't do ic2