Suggestion: Carbon fibre/rubber boats (not a lava boat!) - Now an addon!

• boat breaking is no issue at all, you too bored to craft few boats but crafting and placing 100 solars is fine for you...

IC2 already provide godmode in lategame, why you want to make game ever more easy?

• boat breaking is no issue at all, you too bored to craft few boats but crafting and placing 100 solars is fine for you...

IC2 already provide godmode in lategame, why you want to make game ever more easy?

Because is industrialish HAYO!

+1 for this sweetie :thumbup:

Please point out when I have ever claimed "placing 100 solars is fine".

When you've done that, please explain how a (reasonably expensive, 40 coal vs 2 logs) alternative to the ridiculously fragile vanilla boats makes "game ever more easy"?

• IC2 already provide godmode in lategame, why you want to make game ever more easy?

...What? A better boat makes the game easier?

It makes water travel more fun, and less annoying.

This is an amazing idea compared to everything else that's been suggested for the last few days.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• RawCode no one wants to make the game harder with out adding something good so yes by default we REALLY want to make the game easier. also to para phrase the video charlie the unicorn "SHUN THE NERFER! SHUUUUUNNNNN!" new boats don't things easier they make things less figg'n annoying

This is an amazing idea compared to everything else that's been suggested for the last few days.

wire connected teleporters were that bad? http://forum.industrial-craft.…ted+teleporters#post51624 the like 2 people who posted there said they liked it and then it dropped off the radar during the whole "hayo rule" fiasco the problem isn't a shortage of good ideas its that everyone only reads the front page and focus's on shutting down bad ideas and repeat suggestions this thread is only a rare exception

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

this thread is only a rare exception

Maybe because CiderCraft had thought a bit about that before posting? The only good Ideas came from people who thought about them before posting them. And you take my jokes so seriously that you Post them (referring to Nukelazor) and then every good Idea sinks a bit farther into the Suggestionswamp until it finally hits the Archive.

Edit: And the Blockradar was a Repeatsuggestion of the Sonarsuggestion which i had supported.

• Maybe because CiderCraft had thought a bit about that before posting? The only good Ideas came from people who thought about them before posting them. And you take my jokes so seriously that you Post them (referring to Nukelazor) and then every good Idea sinks a bit farther into the Suggestionswamp until it finally hits the Archive.

1st. nukelazor is still a joke your the serious one now just ignore it it will archive eventually
    2nd. archiving is based on inactivity not what page it is on i'm saying people should practice some more thread necromancy because what is on the first page isn't the only thing to talk about
    3rd. WIRE CONNECTED TELEPORTS well thought out and it got screwed over by a rule change and then ignored cause every one was more interested flaming at the time
    4th. my point is the social norm should be threads people feel positively about should be given attention like this and bad ideas should be completely ignored and not have everyone stopping/bumping it to say its bad if its bad it sinks beneath the waves and is forgotten but right now most of the time its the reverse everyone(including me) shouts don't a poor thread and ignores the salvageable ones

EDIT: blockradar? who said that?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• 3rd. WIRE CONNECTED TELEPORTS well thought out and it got screwed over by a rule change and then ignored cause every one was more interested flaming at the time

Was suggested in the past. I had supported it.

In other words, a repeat suggestion, which is why I ignored it.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Was suggested in the past. I had supported it.

In other words, a repeat suggestion, which is why I ignored it.

k you win i'll shut up (could you give me the thread name btw i couldn't find it in my searching before posting)

• Official Post

3rd. WIRE CONNECTED TELEPORTS well thought out and it got screwed over by a rule change and then ignored cause every one was more interested flaming at the time

EDIT: blockradar? who said that?

Wire connected teleports were a good Suggestion only the way of arguement wasnt the right one.

Blockradar: http://forum.industrial-craft.…adID=4988&highlight=sonar

And here is your Battery Ciderraft :Batpack: (just six of them to be sure)

• so back to boats how about it looks like one of those swamp boats with the big fan in the back to show its dominance over the lily pads? and why stop with carbon fiber how about an inflatable rubber raft as an in between (breaks on collision but drops a boat instead of pieces)?

• so back to boats how about it looks like one of those swamp boats with the big fan in the back to show its dominance over the lily pads? and why stop with carbon fiber how about an inflatable rubber raft as an in between (breaks on collision but drops a boat instead of pieces)?

Yeah, you could deflate it by punching it, and by placing it instantly inflate it! It would be quite weak I expect, but maybe able to have something special!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Yes. Zodiac as Cousteau calls them.
    Five Rubber Trampolines (or just Rubber or combine it) in boat pattern and Wind Mill in recipe.
    Shift click open GUI with slot for battery. Right click with battery insert/swap it. Right click by empty hand enter boat. Jump - exit boat.
    When powered speed greatly improves. Unpowered moves slower then standard boat.
    Can moves on surface/Lilli pad but with braking effect.
    Easy breakable, drop itself and battery.

Should it be lavaproof or will be still boat for this task?

• The ability to stay in one piece if it crashes into anything at any speed would be nice :|
    However the drawback of hitting somthing at a speed faster than the max speed of a normal boat should be around 1 heart of damage (The boat crashed and you got flung forward...)

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• I like the idea of boats that wouldn't lose a fight with a couple of leaves, so consider this my +1. As for lilypads, maybe a further upgrade to the boat can be made - craft it with one or two pieces of advanced alloy and you stick a blade on the front. If you hit a lilypad with your bladed boat, it either makes the lilypad vanish or drops it as an item.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• have the boat BURN THE LILY PADS AS FUEL! :D
    the best part about this thread is every one is so agreeable to adding more boats. (even though alblaka said no to adding vehicles)