[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• I was screwing around with your awesome mod (v1.2) in creative mode. I found if you hook up a couple solar panels up to an MFE/MFSU and then the MFE/MFSU to a Slow Electric Engine it will psuedo-blowup. By this I mean you see the blow up animation and the sounds but nothing actually blows up. This does not happen if you replace the MFE/MFSU with a BatBox.

• A steam engine produces 1600 MJ from one coal.
    A generator produces 4000 EU from one coal.
    Default conversion rate is based off this, so that's MJ : EU as 2 : 5, however you can edit that in the config.
    This does mess up geothermals vs lava in combustion engines, as 1 bucket in a geothermal creates 20000 EU, and 1 bucket in a combustion creates 20000 MJ...

What is MJ :MFS-Unit: :Batbox: :MFE-Transmitter: , is it short for module jolts? :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit:

• Not compatible with forestry for minecraft? I r teh disappoint. D: /cry

• Official Post

*Facepalm*, thats just a Block-ID-conflict. Go to the config of the Mod to change that.

• java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 200 is already occupied by forestry.BlockTin@1faa05dd when adding Transformers.BlockElectricEngine@53670068

Not compatible with forestry for minecraft? I r teh disappoint. D: /cry

If you had looked into the error for a sec, you would've seen that this is just a block ID conflict.
    Disable transformers, find some unused block IDs & use the config accordingly.
    Its not so hard.

• i can't seem to craft the adjustable engine, i think its about the laptron's damage value because i can't craft the fast electric engine and regular electric engine with a battery that is partially/fully charged

• i can't seem to craft the adjustable engine, i think its about the laptron's damage value because i can't craft the fast electric engine and regular electric engine with a battery that is partially/fully charged

Redownload, was fixed in a small update. However the other engines will need an empty battery for crafting

• Thank you Snyke for great addon ! I have small suggestion. Can you add new engine equivalent hot redston engine (power 1 eu\t) ? It's needs for full automatics fabric. Or add electric wooden pipe with custom setup speed and power. Sample 1 item per seconds- 1 eu etc... Electric wooden pipe will be best. Fine tune for eject items very need thing for full automatic fabrics. And add slot to all engines for transformers upgrade to accept any energy source.

• Thank you Snyke for great addon ! I have small suggestion. Can you add new engine equivalent hot redston engine (power 1 eu\t) ? It's needs for full automatics fabric. Or add electric wooden pipe with custom setup speed and power. Sample 1 item per seconds- 1 eu etc... Electric wooden pipe will be best. Fine tune for eject items very need thing for full automatic fabrics. And add slot to all engines for transformers upgrade to accept any energy source.

Eerm, I dont think an electric redstone engine would make sense, seeing as they can't overheat, and would draw 0,125 EU/t lol.
    However the electric wooden pipe is nice. Need to see how that'd work codewise. Put the transformers upgrades on my todo list.

• Eerm, I dont think an electric redstone engine would make sense, seeing as they can't overheat, and would draw 0,125 EU/t lol.
    However the electric wooden pipe is nice. Need to see how that'd work codewise. Put the transformers upgrades on my todo list.

Yea custom electric wooden pipe will be better. Sample: 1 item per tick (or second) consumes 1 eu, 2 items - 2 eu etc... And upgrade slot for transformers in engines will be great option. I hope new version with changes comming soon ;)

• Yea custom electric wooden pipe will be better. Sample: 1 item per tick (or second) consumes 1 eu, 2 items - 2 eu etc... And upgrade slot for transformers in engines will be great option. I hope new version with changes comming soon ;)

I would like that idea... no more exploding wooden engine.

Now the upgrades for the engines...

Overclocker upgrade- faster engine, less efficient conversion
    Energy Storage- more energy buffer, needed for ultra-overclocking
    Transformer upgrade- self explanatory, accepts higher voltage

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• Could someone give me some MJ values for the energy output of a Combustion engine? From my latest runs... they do seem crappy as (and idk if this is mostly due to the 'lagtime' of the engine) I don't get a steady yield of power as I try and convert it into EU. Is it due to how the delay of the engine pumps power into the Pneumatic node, or is there something else I'm missing?

Just needed a couple of power pipes, silly me...

But seriously.. what's the output numbers on Oil and Fuel... 2 to 5 MJ's?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Could someone give me some MJ values for the energy output of a Combustion engine? From my latest runs... they do seem crappy as (and idk if this is mostly due to the 'lagtime' of the engine) I don't get a steady yield of power as I try and convert it into EU. Is it due to how the delay of the engine pumps power into the Pneumatic node, or is there something else I'm missing?

Just needed a couple of power pipes, silly me...

But seriously.. what's the output numbers on Oil and Fuel... 2 to 5 MJ's?

Exactly, oil outputs 2 MJ/t, fuel 5 MJ/t.

• Oh yay! And here I was taking a shotgun guess at what the numbers were... lol!

So to quote from the old Power Converters thread:

There are 1000 "units" of liquid per bucket

These two form the ratio of EUs you get from each MJ - if you've forgotten your fractions, EU = BC * Numerator/Denominator. Two integers are used instead of a decimal to avoid floating point rounding errors which can be fairly nasty to small numbers.
    The actual ratio comes from the output of a single piece of coal - in a steam engine, you get 1600 MJ. In a generator, you get 4000 EU. 4000/1600 = 5/2

So for Oil, 20,000 MJ per bucket. That translates into x = 20,000*(5/2)... so, 2.5*20,000, which is 50,000 EU... unless my zeros are off...

Seems like alot... and it's too early for me to start doing math... halp! :wacko:

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• You sir, are very correct. Not to be self-centered or anything like that, (or maybe I am) I give you spanking new engine textures!

I admit it was hard to find these textures... (insert i am disappoint reference here)

• Damn, those are some nice textures.

*claps* My good man, you speak the truth. And they didn't even take me an hour!
    Oh and if you want to install them, place them in the mod's sprite folder. You'll find it... someday.

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• *claps* My good man, you speak the truth. And they didn't even take me an hour!
    Oh and if you want to install them, place them in the mod's sprite folder. You'll find it... someday.

@_@ I've been around mods long enough to dive deep into their zips to modify sprites. :P