[Suggestion] Raw UU-Matter Pools and Mass Fabricator Change

• first thing i think off while reading of all this is ADDON,

and MAYBE core if people like it, so grab ur coding skills and get cracking. i would like to try it

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• heres a gripe with this you might as well just put iridium in the ground cause thats usually all that people use uum for and the death biome is going to be a big deal breaker for a lot of people

They should grow a pair then, the biome is there, once again, as a consequence to using the mass fabricator to make more uu-matter. Don't want to make more uu-matter?

Then you will need to find it in the naturally generated pools.

If UU Matter blocks are affected by gravity, and everything else is being destroyed, then how exactly is anyone supposed to get the matter?

By transforming all into uu-matter then sticking an iridium coated Mass Extractor near the bottom. Like normal in minecraft Bedrock is still immune to everything so UU-Matter will not drop into the void.

• how about running a large amount of natural uum(distinguished by a green color vs. purple) in reverse through the mass fab removes the death biome?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• how about running a large amount of natural uum(distinguished by a green color vs. purple) in reverse through the mass fab removes the death biome?

Mostly because UU-Matter have little to nothing to do with the change of the biome. And whats the point of having a negative point if you can easily clean it up later?

• the mass fab can reconstruct and correct the environment and it won't be a easy clean up first you need to gather enough natural uum the mas fabbed stuff won't do second it would cost almost as much uum you could have gotten out of the chunk to clean it up only the most efficient setups could turn a uum profit. making player think about what they are doing.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Once again UU-Matter have nothing to do with the Biome. The mass fabricator needs to change the biome (Unstabilizing the matter in the area) to be able to make UU-Matter. The biome disassemble the matter in the blocks and the mass fabricator collects the airbone matter to make the blocks out of it (Thats why if the mass fabricator isn't powered, there is no production of UU-Matter blocks).

And like im saying, i don't want reversible effects, if you don't want to deal with that biome then don't use the fabricator and place the Prevention blocks in every chunk you want to protect.

• "
    NO.

That is all.

Long Answer: You create a new machine to remove a feature from another? No just no."

remember this?

you said this to me. and now your doing exactly the same! :cursing:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Depends on what was your machine change, most likely something stupid.

Besides i consider this an Upgrade to the current feature, it will do something similar but in a different manner and with more disastrous effects.

• Official Post

And he is not creating another to remove feature to another, he is reworking an already existant one.

• Safes and trade-o-mats can no longer be abused as reactor chambers - the explosion will leak through them.

Fact #630: When making world generation suggestions, one should consider the amount of hassle for existing players to find the new world generation resource in unexplored portions of the map.

• Fact #630: When making world generation suggestions, one should consider the amount of hassle for existing players to find the new world generation resource in unexplored portions of the map.

Like someone corrected me, these resource would be located somewhere nearby Slime chunks. As an added bonus either make the OD and OV scanner explode when they detect one of these (XD) and or some visual indicator near the area. The 100-300 Blocks away rule also help to people that don't walk away too much from their spawn point to hunt for resources.

• This reminds me of ThaumCraft's corrupting

My idea for UUM is getting uranium, blaze rod, enderpearl, rp2's silver, nikolite and gemstones from uum

• I don't get how people don't get this. One, machine to turn stuff in chunk to UU matter( but mostly destroying a great deal of it). Two, a machine to harvest it.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Depends on what was your machine change, most likely something stupid.

Besides i consider this an Upgrade to the current feature, it will do something similar but in a different manner and with more disastrous effects.

Personally I don't see the difference, right down to the fact that your feature sounds pretty dumb to me.

• Personally I don't see the difference, right down to the fact that your feature sounds pretty dumb to me.

It would actually be fairly intense, in my opinion. One chunk isn't that bad, I could just move six teen blocks away from my house, and it would be safe.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Sounds very laggy and wouldn't really add much to gameplay.
    UU-Matter is nice how it is if you ask me no need to make it stupidly over complicated.

+1 to that.

The IC2 devs will probably not add this idea to IC2, due to how much of a hassle it will become for already established players.

For example, Player A has just finished his UUM factory, with 8 Mass Fabricators running 24/7, from an array of nuclear reactors just under the factory. He plans to take the UUM and make Quantum Armour. Player B (admin) updates IC2 to the new version that breaks changes Mass Fabricators. Server is restarted, and Player A rejoins the server. Player A is immediately thrust into a hostile UUM wasteland, the nuclear reactors are destroyed and power stops flowing to the mass fabricators. Player A is confused, not knowing about the new addition, and wrenches the Mass Fabricator No. 1 to move it to a safer location. Instant chain-nuke-explosion ensues, and Player A dies. Player A ragequits, and eventually rages to his bedroom, thinking of how he will punish the ones responsible, until he falls asleep.
    Next day, Player A decides to get Nodus installed in his client, and re-joins the server. Player A hacks the server console, bans Player B, makes himself OP, destroys the spawn city, destroys most other cities, nukes everyone's factories and houses, deletes all world backups, and ultimately crashes the server with a Mass Fab Nuke Chain Reaction, that sets off a 64 chunks by 64 chunks block of Nukes.

To sum this all up, it's a great idea for an addon, but should not be included in vanilla IC2. Just think of all of those servers with people who have large UUM factories - and also think of how much of a hassle it will be for them to redesign everything quickly before the update, and what will happen to the unknowing ones who try to move their mass fabricators after the update.