Redpower Frames

• No Magic Block

Magic blocks are the death of most mods.
    If there is one thing Eloraam screwed up with it is blutricity, she made it use a ton of very low power generators powering low power machines, should have added some high powered machines and proper generators (instead of the "infinte" generates like solar and the thermophile).

• Magic blocks are the death of most mods.
    If there is one thing Eloraam screwed up with it is blutricity, she made it use a ton of very low power generators powering low power machines, should have added some high powered machines and proper generators (instead of the "infinte" generates like solar and the thermophile).

can't thermopiles be rigged to burn throw snow blocks? i heard that some where

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Magic blocks are the death of most mods.

Bare in mind that Redpower is still in pre-release and she has got higher power machines planned.
    And also of course solar panels and thermopiles are infinite! They are renewable energy sources that exist in the real world!

Read through some of the stuff she says here http://www.minecraftforum.net/…nKey%5D=&userMode=content

She talks about the tech tree she has laid out already for the future of RP and the different tech levels of machines etc. :)

• Hey guys,

as I now got some time until studying starts over, I wanted to spend some time with the new RP frames. The TBM of Greg looked pretty awesome, but even after watching some tutorials from direwolf wtc. I can't really get it. I have really trouble to get anything to work and a quite simple only-forward inchworm drive nearly killed me. Is there any place to look some explanations of the frame associated blocks, what they can, what they can't and how you have to stick some things together :wacko: ?

I already figured out that computers from CC don't like to be moved as MC will crash then.

What I have done so far:

Inchworm drive with forward move only, some blockbreakers and a chest. That's all for now, I currently can't figure out, how to get another move done:
    Move the whole thing 1 block left and 1 block back right again, that i break all blocks in front of it. My problem is the RP circuit, would be great if someone (Greg?) could post a small tutorial how to control some different frame motors for executing a sequence of movements.

here are some screenshots of me failing :

Would be great if someone can help me :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit 1: Got TBM to work now, but the design may be everything else than optimal. The use of 3 Timers with <= 1.000 sec is also quite critical, so I need some better / advanced circuits which control the whole TBM and not only parts of it.

results so far:

TODO:
    - rework RP circuit
    - figure out how to work with falling gravel / sand into the way of the moving head
    - protection from water/lava like Greg did, but I dunno how he did this

greetings
    foxxx0

PS: this is creative mode until I unterstand the whole frame-thing and know how to build some more compact machines, but for now creative mode in SSP seems quite right :P

• Hey guys, me again.

I really did need some time with those frames until I got into it. After trying several things out I went on building a more useful machine. Harvesting some bigger wheat farms isn't that difficult if you use an intelligent water-system. But the larger the farm is, the more annoying it is to fill it up with seeds again. So I started with my known design for a farm and did some things with these frames. I think the result is quite impressive and works for me.

Farming like a boss:

control sequence for CC:

Feedback and suggestions are welcome, I'm always looking for ways to enhance my machines.

greetings,
    foxxx0

PS: After Building the farm and a frame-construction like this you could put some hoes in the deployers for the first run to let them create the farm-land ;)

Edit1: Minor changes to the CC code (thx for the hint of Greg) and added some comments ;)

• Official Post

Hey guys, me again.

I really did need some time with those frames until I got into it. After trying several things out I went on building a more useful machine. Harvesting some bigger wheat farms isn't that difficult if you use an intelligent water-system. But the larger the farm is, the more annoying it is to fill it up with seeds again. So I started with my known design for a farm and did some things with these frames. I think the result is quite impressive and works for me.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome, I'm always looking for ways to enhance my machines.

I didn't build a Framefarm yet, due to not needing even more Food. Treefarms producing too much Apples, Mobgrinders too much Rotten flesh (can be despoiled) and all the Moshrooms out there gave me a Relay full of Steak. Not to mention the planned Crossbreedingroom...

After Building the farm and a frame-construction like this you could put some hoes in the deployers for the first run to let them create the farm-land ;)

Finally a use for all the Wooden Hoes. :D

I'm a Programmer so i have a Question about that:

local run = true;

while run do
    run = false;
    end

So you are using the while-loop and the local "run" for what? I'm sure you can remove all four Lines without causing any Problems or even without causing any Changes to the Endprogram.

But that Machine is awesome.

• I'm a Programmer so i have a Question about that:

So you are using the while-loop and the local "run" for what? I'm sure you can remove all four Lines without causing any Problems or even without causing any Changes to the Endprogram.

But that Machine is awesome.

That part was from an earlier version, where I only had a single deployer and one single farmland-field. As the deployer had to move each row from left to right or the other way round, I put that in a while loop and set the condition to false when it was done. Dunno why I kept this in place as it's quite unneccessary like you already discovered ;) Will fix that now.

BTW: You're quite right that there is no need for a farm as there should be enough food around. An even bigger version of this farm (except from the RP frames construction) comes from my earlier MC-Time where I nearly had no mods installed. Now having the quantum Armor (legally ;) ) there is not a real need for food, is it ? I've noticed a quite funny behaviour: When you are wearing a full quantum armor and your food falls to 8.5, just remove the quantum helmet from your body and re-put it there. You will see your food raising to 9 which is enough to regenerate health. I'm not sure whether this is meant to be.

greetings
    foxxx0