[Suggestion] - Only run on Scrap

• I for one agree with this.
    +1

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• short, sweet, and logical +1

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• no

no because :Matter: isn't made FROM scrap, it's made from massive quantity of EU
    scrap simply exponentially reduces the EU's required.

• Scrap irradiated with mass amount of energy to split the atoms in it which will only leave a malleable source of matter that can then be transformed into something else.

Sounds better than the stupid thing of creating Something out of nothing.

yeah but don't you think it'd be kind OP if you just pop some scrap into the mass fabricator and not have anything powering the thing?
    I mean, I understand that it is kinda silly to have matter be produced from nothing, but at least just make it so the thing just requires scrap to operate, and not use it as an accelerent.

using an array of recyclers(or just one with some overclockers) I can come up with 5 stacks of scrap in no time. Given a minecraft day I can fill a small chest with stacks of scrap.
    If maximum efficiency is achieved with 34 scrap, I can make just about 54 UU matter, that's more than enough for a full suit of quantum armor.

I can make a full suit of quantum armor everyday if this suggestion get's implemented.

• i may have missed something i +1'ed under the impression that there would a gui function added to tell the mass fab to only draw power under the condition that there was scrap available to it I am opposed to the idea that mass fabs must always have both scrap and energy to function

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• no..

make it optional in the IC2 config file, (set default to no scrap needed)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• then i misread the main post, apologies.

+1

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Agree, but it should take massive amounts of scrap to work.

For now:
    Place a generator next to a massfab
    put scrap in massfab, and alot more in generator.

:Advanced Furnace: :Compressor:

And you've got a massfab running on scrap.

(Most people don't know you can burn scrap in the generator , for some eu)

• I think the idea here is to make the Fabricator only function if it has scrap ready to be used. I just use a lever on mine, but it would certainly be more convenient this way.

• Agree with Someguyfromcrowd.

I think people are missing that the Mass Fab would still require a massive amount of energy, it just wouldn't produce UU out of pure energy. It would require Scrap as a catalyst before starting operation, and it would stop operation when the scrap runs out.

Could even add in an induction-esque aspect and add in a 'heat' cycle where efficiency goes up the longer you can keep a supply of scrap flowing in.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• ok it needs to be clarified what we are talking about. so we seem to have 2 train of thought
    a. realists that want mass fabs to require scarp to work
    b. lazy folk who don't want to drop out of a gui to flip a lever in order to maximize the efficiency of their uum production but want to keep the uum's ability to make something from nothing

SO WHAT SIDE IS EVERY BODY ON A OR B!?

i'm on side b

• Official Post

ok it needs to be clarified what we are talking about. so we seem to have 2 train of thought
    a. realists that want mass fabs to require scarp to work
    b. lazy folk who don't want to drop out of a gui to flip a lever in order to maximize the efficiency of their uum production but want to keep the uum's ability to make something from nothing

SO WHAT SIDE IS EVERY BODY ON A OR B!?

i'm on side b

There are three sides

A. requiring Scrap to produce UUM
    B. just want to maximize efficiency with a button in the GUI (like me)
    C. want to burn Scrap in Generator to get UUM out of Energy (very, very stupid)