The Ultimate Industrial Frame Engineering Challenge(s) - TUIFEC

• I saw people saying something about levers being bugged. I don't think they're bugged, i've been using them in the construction of my ship. It just takes a working knowledge of how frames act when moving objects. I've had many levers pop off, but with some clever placement they all work fine now :)

• got a question
    building the solar plant and i have come to a point where adding 1frame on any older frame makes the machine unable to move forward

(dont think i have 1000 frames yet)
    before adding 1 frame the construct is still able to move forward and theres nothing infront

is there anyway to increase the output of a frame motor or connecting them to each other?
    or does it just mean that other parts of the construction cant connect with the frame of the otherparts and are just gone need to move forward on there own
    like first move drill head part then move quarry part then move factory part and so on

• before adding 1 frame the construct is still able to move forward and theres nothing infront

You have either reached 1000 blocks ( that includes frames and all block that they move with them ) or the frame you add interferes with the movement ( either touching something that cant be moved (keep in mind frames are sticky and will try to move evething they touch on any of their sides) or interefing with something else ). Just increase the linksize in the configuration file. If it moves after that, the problem was the size.
    If size is the problem you can indeed split the construction in multiple parts that move seperately by different motors if for some reason you dont want to change the linksize.

As for the challenge, can we expect a fix for the E network interaction with frames or should we just use the existing workarounds?
    I know how to build the Solar-SPAMatron, with moving IC2 machines with the current version, but frankly the workaround to supplying the Mass Fabricator with power after moving is rediculous.

• also thought about it touching anything but that cant be the case the constuction is now flying above water
    the strange thing is that i managed to add frames but they seems to be compleet random
    can like for exemple add 5 frames not to far from the forward moving engines the machine can move but if i remove 1 of those frames and put it on the drill head frame that 5-8 block further away the machine doesnt want to move anymore ( kinda strange) if i was at the cap i shouldnt be able to add frames
    btw editing linksize is in the redpower map redpowercfg machine linksize from 1000 -> something bigger right
    unless i did something wrong still wont after adding 10 frames anywhere

• btw editing linksize is in the redpower map redpowercfg machine linksize from 1000 -> something bigger right

Yes. I am currently using 10 000 as I passed 1k a while ago. The limit is there just for performance issues.

• Today I decided to scrap my old design and start a new one, I must say that my work with it is going way faster than I expected.

This is what I got so far:

I hope the image is resized automatically xD.

This is engine right now can only move in the axis X and Z (both directions) but I plan to had Y soon. The contraption is 7x7x3 and it requires only four covers (the cross in the middle, the center doesn't need a cover). Right now it's controlled by 4 clocks and 4 levers (the T flip-flop) but I planned to remove them and use a computer instead. In terms of blulectricity it can't travel forever, but based on test when fully charged it can travel many in game days (I think more than 30 for sure) in a single direction before stopping, pretty good :D .
    Once the engine is completed I will add the miners and make a legit submission.

I apologize for my English.

• are wa allowed to submit the projects in parts that would work together when just connect to each other with frames and ofc cabeling and pipes
    its cause I kinda got to a point where adding more automatic working parts to the machine is making my pc laggs like crazy.
    ( think when next part is done and i put everything togheter at work my minecraft will probable crashe )

• Seems a bit problematic, as my minimal testing has a massfab stop accepting power once moved. That seems to mean that it would require creating a new one each time it moves, as it doesn't seem to accept batteries...

• Just a hint for you all:
    Because the E-net (cabling) doesnt work on Frames (technical term for that special issue is: "optimized away"), you have to use Batteries (or Energycrystals, or Lapotrons but with Transformerupgrades) on your IC²-Machines to let them work.

Too bad that doesn't work with mass fabs. (Or terraformers; flatificating the land to clear terrain would be so easy but so slow).
    For now I'm going to have a chest full of UUM instead of a mass fab, for testing.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Too bad that doesn't work with mass fabs. (Or terraformers; flatificating the land to clear terrain would be so easy but so slow).
    For now I'm going to have a chest full of UUM instead of a mass fab, for testing.

Does this issue also makes it so you MFSU could not send energy to a nearby machine with no cables? (Having the output on top of the massfabricator) nvm.

Having most IC2 machines on solid ground and sending the stuff via tubes seems to be the best option.

• tip for the solar plant make sure it has a reverse :pinch:

Why would it need that?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Whenever I try and move BC pipes they break.

TubeStuff

Battery snot included.

• is there any guide about the commands of the redpower 2 computers ?

its basicly for a quary thats on the construction it needs to know that it needs to lower the frames and add pipe until a certain depth or after a certain time
    and then it needs to stop lowering take the pipe back and let the engine move the frames up until its back in starting position.

and some other programs so the machine doesnt bug it self

the machine allrdy works with levers/ repeaters ( just need to make it do it automaticly)
    and suddenly to many items bugs out on me its just gone reinstalling doesnt fix the problem :pinch:

why univers are you so against me :(