Making solars less OP

• Well, 1EU/t is i think too much for solars, my idea is to make solars 0.1EU/t and have lifetime of 1M EU, before replacing photovoltaic panel (lets say you craft solar panel with CD - Gl -CD | Gl - CD - Gl) but that top layer would make photovoltaic plate that needs to be replaced after solar panel made 1M EU at 0.1EU/t rate, because sun burned it down and corrosion took its toll. I think this would make other generators more viable, and finally nuclear power to shine since you'll make more power with uranium than solar panels.
    Basicly solars would work like nuclear power plants with probably just 1 slot for photovoltaic panel that slowly wears out.

• Seriously, you want to nerf solars AGAIN?! As it is now, solars are quite expensive, don't output much in comparison to other generators, and take up quite a bit of space. The things that should be nerfed are nuclear, as they output a lot for very little. But I like to keep them right were they are.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• They don't require any maintenance! They can make power indefinitely, like wind and water. And when they nerfed solars? Because they always made 1EU/t as long as i renember, and i play since 1.7.3 or so.

• They don't require any maintenance! They can make power indefinitely, like wind and water. And when they nerfed solars? Because they always made 1EU/t as long as i renember, and i play since 1.7.3 or so.

awhile back i believe they used to output more than 1EU/t and the recipe was cheaper back then but now its more expensive

• WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!!!!

ok @ both of you. nuclear is end game power it is supposed to give you a lot of power and it is a lot of effort for those who don't have recipes memorized(or nei) and are new to juggling. and solars .1eu/t is one the WORST thing you can ever do(people will just spam watermills instead) the big complaint about solars isn't "solar OP nobody use nuclear" its "solars are LAG machines my neighbors are to lazy and spam them every where no matter the cost" so to solve this some servers use compact solars addon but then you got guys like fenixR who go "compact solars take no space they are OP use nukes n00bs" and then alblaka goes "I agree I will never add this to vanilla ic2 I have a better plan solves the lag but keeps the bulk"

so to recap
    1. solars are not all that broken
    2. the problem is lag not eu/t
    3. if the eu/t is nerfed the lag problem will only get worse
    4. you can't force solar spammers to change they will spam whatever they can fire off and forget about
    5. alblaka is already going to rework the solars which may include more sensible nerfing so this is already on the list

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Well, 1EU/t is i think too much for solars, my idea is to make solars 0.1EU/t and have lifetime of 1M EU, before replacing photovoltaic panel (lets say you craft solar panel with CD - Gl -CD | Gl - CD - Gl) but that top layer would make photovoltaic plate that needs to be replaced after solar panel made 1M EU at 0.1EU/t rate, because sun burned it down and corrosion took its toll. I think this would make other generators more viable, and finally nuclear power to shine since you'll make more power with uranium than solar panels.
    Basicly solars would work like nuclear power plants with probably just 1 slot for photovoltaic panel that slowly wears out.

I know something thats better than this: Delete solars i mean if you are gonna nerf them like that you might aswel free up a block id.

• I like how people QQ about Solars being overpowered, when Water/Wind can be set up to be just as good, if not better.

If the OP's suggestion was taken seriously, then Solar Panels should just be removed at that point. But in a week after that (s)he'll be back complaining about wind or water next.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Every generator needs maintenance, except solar wind and watermill, if there was just some mechanics that needs to fix replace something inside, not necessary fuel, but probably turbine for windmill, some coils for water and photovoltaics for solars.

• I like the adding a cap to how much amount of energy the "Green" generators can produce before they need maintenance. (Each gen would have a slot in their gui where you would have to place something to make them produce energy, and when they produce enough energy that something would break.

But then again everyone around here get like a woman during PMS when you talk about nerfing their precious green generators.

(Also if Nuclear is so "OP" why not people use them more than solar arrays huh?)

• Every generator needs maintenance, except solar wind and watermill, if there was just some mechanics that needs to fix replace something inside, not necessary fuel, but probably turbine for windmill, some coils for water and photovoltaics for solars.

who died and made you alblaka? where is your proof that all this is necessary? where are the stories of games that have been ruined by green energy? where is the hard numbers and math? I can say with just as much credibility and authority as you that wind, water, and solar power needs to be maintenance free. so if you want to nerf stuff this hard you need proof. and even if green engery was removed people will still find a way around it with adding mods and building cobble-scrap-gens, and EE geogens. no matter the cost in resources and lag. so you can't win nuclear will never "shine" by suppressing all alternatives. you want nuclear to "shine"? then build reactors, and lots of them to. show people they can be safe, convenient, and powerful. but screwing the game over for the rest of us to fill your personal crusade is not the right way to go about this.

why the crap do you even want this? if you think its cheating don't use them no one is making you go green. personally sometimes I want to be free to do other crap than hunt for fuel and feed my generators and trust me i tried a tree farm fueled base and it was a pain the next base i built was powered by a massive water tower and it freed me up to build a massive-er stone brick structure to house it with a big tear drop shaped window as tall as the building it was cool if only i still had the map

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Exactly, i think nuke power is not enough for how dangerous and high tier it is.

Bzzzzzzzz. Nuke power is enough, its just that people rather be the lazy bastards they naturally are and use the green gens that need absolutely no attention whatsoever.

WIND wills actually do break......

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• The progress IRL has been more like:
    generators -> nuclear fission -> solar & nuclear fusion.
    Yea there have been watermills always, and windmills aswell, but to this day solarpanels still arent perfected.
    Now usually in IC2 it's more like:
    1 generator -> spam solars.
    And if you have like 50 and want some real power you get a nuclear reactor.
    So ontop of nerfing solars a bit I suppose both regular generators & nuclear reactors should get buffed.
    Or you could buff the solars output, but make them alot harder to craft (instead of adding a lousy electric circuit to the recipe).
    Don't ask me how though :P.
    But yeah that's just my opinion.

• NO!

Skip to 18:55 on this video .. I'll wait till you finish...

done?

Point better be seen. Solars, in terms of resource cost, has been nerfed to obscurity. Now people will soon cry wind is op because you only need 4 Iron and a Generator to get a similar safe effect with the raised world height...

If you don't understand how or why the technology exists, then don't change it.. /end

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Bitch, please. Ever heard of:

Code
    .minecraft>config>IC2 .cfg

Scroll down to: 
    euoutputsolars = 1

Want solars to output 0.1 EU/T? Set the value to 0.1! It's that easy! 8|

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• Lol, you worry about the rubber? Once you get some saplings you'll have more than plenty, just keep your extractor on at all times.
    Obviously you're doing something wrong if you're short on rubber :O.
    Windmills break, and take up a lot more space and cabling.

What's wrong with solars is that basically you make a generator -> batbox -> solar panels -> win.
    It's too easy.

• Like i always says, making stuff more "Expensive" only achieves one thing, making sure people don't build it 10min after they start in a new world, and that is. Materials in this game are so laughable easy to acquire when you have a few hours playing that "expensive" recipes lose any worth they had.

Mechanics changes or tweaks are the only sensible solution to make stuff stop being so "OP" or whatever that will have an actual impact from the start of a new world to the end of it.

Also this is mostly at SMP, since SSP its a big "Fuck you" to everyone who tries to tell you how to play.