[SUGGESTION] Iron Fences powered by the side of Magnetizers.

• I tried looking up in the suggestions if there was anything like this but couldn't find a thing. So the basic idea is that the Magnetizer could power the Iron Fences from the sides too. They could 'attach' to the side, like how they do to only themselves, and be powered 20 up/down from the one that's on the side. I thought of this as I was testing and looking up ways of using them for longer distances but couldn't find anything that didn't have it's own set of issues. Heck I would settle for the 'range' of the pull including the next block to the Iron Fences. That way you could just keep going up without slamming into the Magnetizers and having to setup elaborate systems around it. Thank you for the consideration.

• This does sound nice. I am no coder, but I would think this might be quite hard to code, considering that the iron fence attached to a pole breaks it. Probably a reason (i.e. hard/not possible to code) for this.

+1 though, I really like the idea. not a fan of the magnitizer at the moment as I cannot make it longer.

Perhaps having a way to upgrade it? so that it does 40 or more poles before running out of power?

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• This sounds great, and I agree we need some way to boost the range of the magnetizer. I tried out the magnetizer elevator once and didnt see the point, you know you're going to want to travel much further than 20 blocks in minecraft!

• +1 for magnetizer attached to the side. Have a single long pole will be awesome!

-1 for overclocked magnetizers... we don't need it at all if the suggestion here will be implemented.

Maybe i'm a little noob to ask this... but i tryied many times and i never been able to descend with the pole, i always go straight up... it's frustrating! there is a way to descend safetly the pole, or i must continue to make pools under my poles?

• +1 for magnetizer attached to the side. Have a single long pole will be awesome!

-1 for overclocked magnetizers... we don't need it at all if the suggestion here will be implemented.

Maybe i'm a little noob to ask this... but i tryied many times and i never been able to descend with the pole, i always go straight up... it's frustrating! there is a way to descend safetly the pole, or i must continue to make pools under my poles?

To descend, either remove the power from the magnetiser, take off your metal shoes or have a dedicated unpowered descent pole (a descent pole can be as long as you like - it doesn't need breaks). To descend safely. hold crouch while falling and make sure that you're pressed up against the pole.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• To descend, either remove the power from the magnetiser, take off your metal shoes or have a dedicated unpowered descent pole (a descent pole can be as long as you like - it doesn't need breaks). To descend safely. hold crouch while falling and make sure that you're pressed up against the pole.

so i have to remove my boots? :S pretty unconvinient... not what i expected... i guess i will continue with pools...
    Thanx anyway...

• Most convenient descend is falling into a shaft with water on bottom.
    You even can make "dry finish" by adding signs below water.

• Most convenient descend is falling into a shaft with water on bottom.
    You even can make "dry finish" by adding signs below water.

I've found that having a 3 block height below the sign water setup is that farthest you can go before you start taking damage. It was only a half heart but I would think it would start building up quite quickly.

• teleporters anyone? a continuous magnetic pole elevator would be nice though

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Hmm, i hadn't thought of the upgrade system before but that has merit. It would fit into the current system for enhancing the machines too. Heck if it's not too difficult it could be even set-up like the dark matter pedestals , where you have to shift click to get into the interface. Thanks for all the support, I wasn't sure if anyone else would find it an interesting idea.

• From a code standpoint, this wouldn't be too hard. I don't know why it hasn't been implemented yet.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• On upgrades - it would be useless to add a GUI to the magnetizer for only one slot, rightclicking (just like jukeboxes) would do the job, wouldn't it?

how do you get the upgrades out? wrench?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• This does sound nice. I am no coder, but I would think this might be quite hard to code, considering that the iron fence attached to a pole breaks it. Probably a reason (i.e. hard/not possible to code) for this.

+1 though, I really like the idea. not a fan of the magnitizer at the moment as I cannot make it longer.

Perhaps having a way to upgrade it? so that it does 40 or more poles before running out of power?

Not really, should just be a matter of applying the same logic that is applied to poles above and below the magnetizer to the ones around it.