Suggestion: Hand Pump (like a bucket with 8 times capacity)

• Name: Hand Pump

Description: I've been filling in a lake with water and was disappointed to find that I can't use water cells to pour water on the ground, so I was forced to use buckets. The tedium of constantly refilling and emptying the same 7 or 8 buckets with water was tiring, so I thought why not make some sort of "bucket" that can hold more than one block's worth of water. I imagined some sort of pump with a hose could suck up water, and cells could store it. If we take a Pump and surround it with 8 Empty Cells, we should get some sort of Hand Pump that can hold 8 buckets worth of water. Each right click on a water source fills it with one bucket of water, and one right click on an empty square empties one bucket of water, much like a bucket does. This way I can transfer 8 buckets of water at a time in only one inventory slot, instead of with 8 separate buckets! I imagine the little green bar under the tool would indicate how much water is in there rather than energy, since it can be powered by hand.

Recipe: 1 Pump in the middle surrounded by 8 Empty Cells.

Tl;DR: Acts like a bucket with 8 uses instead of one.

• First: two buckets of water enough to fill any volume.
    Second: there is a mod for such buckets.
    Third: doubt tin cells will be made reusable.

Instead, how about giving water\lava cells the ability to turn back into empty ones? [by placing water\lava source blocks]

Well sure, being able to place water (and by extension lava) with cells would work too, and probably make just as much sense.

First: two buckets of water enough to fill any volume.
    Second: there is a mod for such buckets.
    Third: doubt tin cells will be made reusable.

1: Sure two buckets of water can make an infinite water source (I have several), it's just that I have to keep refilling the buckets to make my lake. Making any sort of large water feature would be just as annoying to make with buckets that you have keep refilling and refilling.

2: Just because there is another mod for it doesn't mean it's a bad idea for this mod. And on the vanilla MC wiki they don't like people just saying "there is a mod for that", I see no reason why it would be any different here.

3: It wasn't my idea to make cells reusable, although it's a good idea. My idea was to make a hand tool out of cells that is reusable.

• well while your waiting for the devs to implement this i'm going to enjoy my new rp2 pump filled lake/watertower :D (ok i haven't built this yet but i could if i wanted to)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I would not mind an improved version of the bucket, but thats just me.

how about a wet/dry shopvac? it can suck up and dispense fluids and soils perfect for wiping those noob dirt huts off your front lawn or clean up all that sand from last weeks griefer attack.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• how about a wet/dry shopvac? it can suck up and dispense fluids and soils perfect for wiping those noob dirt huts off your front lawn or clean up all that sand from last weeks griefer attack.

Kentington has already answered your prayers - get Rocket Science and enjoy your shiny new Wet and Dry Vac (see the second recipe post).

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Add some kind of Water/LavaPack for the hand pump, and I would give you a cookie sir.

I suppose it could be adapted for lava, but it couldn't carry both at the same time or you'll have some chiseling to do!

Another satisfactory way would be to craft one empty cell above one "treetap" (really it's a spigot) and voila you have a cell that can place as well as pick up water. Lava? Well the spigot is wood, but we could handwave that away.

• I suppose it could be adapted for lava, but it couldn't carry both at the same time or you'll have some chiseling to do!

Another satisfactory way would be to craft one empty cell above one "treetap" (really it's a spigot) and voila you have a cell that can place as well as pick up water. Lava? Well the spigot is wood, but we could handwave that away.

Well, one version (with coolant cells in its recipe if it is going to handle lava) wich can carry both, or just one for water/<insermoddedliquid> and a upgraded version for lava.

• Why not a hand pump like in the Rocket Science addon? Sucks sand and gravel into your inventory and water and lava into cells on your inventory. I could even hook it up to the BuildCraft liquid dictionary so you could fill your Forestry capsules with water.

In other words, a hand pump is in the todo list, as a replacement for rightclicking cells.

• Why not a hand pump like in the Rocket Science addon? Sucks sand and gravel into your inventory and water and lava into cells on your inventory. I could even hook it up to the BuildCraft liquid dictionary so you could fill your Forestry capsules with water.

In other words, a hand pump is in the todo list, as a replacement for rightclicking cells.

so basically an electric super shovel?

• EU shovel is Drill.

a hand pump like rocket sciences wet dry vac will 1 click break at least sand and gravel hence its a super-shovel-like-thing this is going to be awesome :D

• Oh, I confused the wetdry vac with the hand pump. Wetdry vac it is.

MAKE IT WORK WITH BC TANKS! MAKE IT WORK WITH BC TANKS!!!! 8o :P 8)

lol, please?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.