[Suggestion] Natural gas power generation

• Maybe pockets of natural gas can be found in the ground (kind of like oil from BC but no geiser) and could then be pumped into a generater through special gas pipes and make about as much as a Geothermal Generater. Just another idea for more power generation options.

• Maybe pockets of natural gas can be found in the ground (kind of like oil from BC but no geiser) and could then be pumped into a generater through special gas pipes and make about as much as a Geothermal Generater. Just another idea for more power generation options.

I am sorry but this is a solid no.
    "Pipes (Buildcraft)"

http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=221

Edit: Welcome to the forums.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I am sorry but this is a solid no.
    "Pipes (Buildcraft)"

http://forum.industrial-craft.…?page=Thread&threadID=221

Edit: Welcome to the forums.

The way I interpret that post is that no EU powered item transport tubes, not tubes to transport natural gas. I'm not talking about transporting liquids or items or anything, just a way of moving your power generation from a point that's farther away from the pocket of natural gas so that you don't have to lose EU running a cable hundreds of blocks. Instead, you would be able to have it right at your base and runthe natural gas to it.

• The way I interpret that post is that no EU powered item transport tubes, not tubes to transport natural gas. I'm not talking about transporting liquids or items or anything, just a way of moving your power generation from a point that's farther away from the pocket of natural gas so that you don't have to lose EU running a cable hundreds of blocks. Instead, you would be able to have it right at your base and runthe natural gas to it.

I interpreted it as "No pipes, no tubes, for anything!"
    *Puts on science hat* If you want to be technical, A liquid is classified as anything that can flow. due to the fact that gasses flow natural gas is classified as a liquid. So your natural gas pipe is just a liquid pipe. *Takes of science hat*

The idea its self isn't horrid in my opinion, id love to have more real world science build into IC2. ive been around IC2 long enough to know when an idea isnt going to be added.

Im just glad i got to this post before FenixR. *Shakes fist playfully at FenixR*

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• i think this is a good idea. NOT the pipes and stuff, just the gas generator. you could fill up cells with natural gas. or you could burn fuel more efficiently than in a generator.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I believe a gas-based add-on is already in the works, but idk when it will be ready...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• This is EXACTLY why people with under 20 posts shouldn't be allowed to post suggestions.
    THIS IS WHAT I THINK OF YO IDEA!!!111!1!!1!! MinecraftCreeperMinecraftGhast:cursing::cursing::Nano Saber::Chainsaw:X(MinecraftChicken

dude :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

just because there is a wip addon shouldn't mean that he can't suggest it. if this has been denied before then you can voice your displeasure in a polite or comical way.

I would like to burn charcoal in a gassifier to make wood gas/town gas(a natural gas). its a pain to keep all those gens stoked with fuel cans and coal so if i can turn all my charcoal into a gas that i can pump into a storage tank and walk away I'd be happy

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• dude :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

just because there is a wip addon shouldn't mean that he can't suggest it. if this has been denied before then you can voice your displeasure in a polite or comical way.

I would like to burn charcoal in a gassifier to make wood gas/town gas(a natural gas). its a pain to keep all those gens stoked with fuel cans and coal so if i can turn all my charcoal into a gas that i can pump into a storage tank and walk away I'd be happy

Forget about my old post, here are my thoughts oh this idea:
    Pips, NO
    Gas+gen, +1
    Natural gas is a perfect industrial resouce!
    Amount of eu should depend on how many ticks a gas pocket lasts.
    Another thing, if tnt, flint and steel, etc. are used nearby, BOOM!!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• How would you open gas deposit if torches used for lighting? I do not like sudden death.

Oil is a "foreign resource" here. There is no chemistry, Generator lacks liquid storage. Some workarounds can be made of course.

• I'm still waiting for BC-Oilcompatiblity of IC², i guess it will sink to the bottom of the Archive. :(

oil is great too, but you will most likely have to get a crossover mod for this one :(

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,

• How would you open gas deposit if torches used for lighting? I do not like sudden death.

maybe add something like the minning well that digs down and sucks out the natural gas? and you could tell there's natural gas by having the ground above it emit particles?

• I considered coding "gas"-blocks once, moving on their own (upward), exploding upon contact with fire and being harvestable by properly placing a harvesting device which will suck in gas block from below it, turning them into a possibly fuel source.

Sounds cool!

• I considered coding "gas"-blocks once, moving on their own (upward), exploding upon contact with fire and being harvestable by properly placing a harvesting device which will suck in gas block from below it, turning them into a possibly fuel source.

Would torch be considered "a fire"? Because before harvesting, anything should be found. Probably with pickaxe and torch in hands.

Why not Tar ? It would me more realistic than Solid Gas I guess (But less fun, as it wouldn't explode or move upward)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

you could add a gassifier that turns charcoal into woodgas allowing us to get more eu out of our logs at the cost of an extra step

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"