[Suggestion] Isolation Painter

• My idea tackles the annoying situation where you need to run a cable past a machine because of space constraints, but just can not do it because doing so means the machine will interface with the wire.

Craft one by putting a painter with a yellow dye and black dye, then apply it to a wire you want to isolate. The isolated wire will connect to any other coloured wire (Or uncoloured wire) but will stay unconnected from all machines.

Visually the cable will look like it has electrical tape around it, so yellow and black stripes.

A small addition, but one I would find very handy in IndustrialCraft, what do you think?

• Extracolor? Nope.
    Using a special Color, for example brown and you get the same effect as the Sandpipe of a Buildcraftaddon? Yes.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• No to the special meaning of 16 standard colors.
    Yes to special colors/attributes like Redstone Tube to RS conduction, insulation and other needs.

• why not just use a Redpower cover/panel to keep it from connecting?

Because REDPOWER-Covers are not compatible with INDUSTRIALCRAFT-Cables, because there is no Redpowermicroblock-API.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Haven't had such problems yet, but isn't it possible to place the wire, CF it, dry it, THEN place the machine w/o interacting?
    Or does that cable drill its way through the hardened CF anyway? :P

• So, how about adding an special insulation made with glowstone and rubber? [Right click with it in any cable to apply, and insulation cutter removes it first before normal insulations]

• So, how about adding an special insulation made with glowstone and rubber? [Right click with it in any cable to apply, and insulation cutter removes it first before normal insulations]

Good idea! That works well.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• i'd rather see this as another use of a rubber sheet instead of a new recipe. rubber alone isolates well enough, after all

• I NEED THIS!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :thumbup:8o MinecraftNotch :D :Quantum-Helmet: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots:

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• logical +1

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Haven't had such problems yet, but isn't it possible to place the wire, CF it, dry it, THEN place the machine w/o interacting?
    Or does that cable drill its way through the hardened CF anyway? :P

It still goes through - it's how I add on additional Solar Panels to my array.

+1 for compactness.