Intriguing rankings on IndustrialBlaBla

• So I found this site recently, listing some statistics on Alblaka's blog and the industrial-craft.net domain name, and it's pretty interesting. Some things I found really cool/weird:
    -The two countries that generate the most traffic are the US and Germany (not the biggest news) -- but 40% of the traffic originates from the US, and only 9% from Germany
    -If I'm reading the Alexa ranking right, it is the 40,000th most visited website in the world. Not sure if that's bragworthy or not. (For comparison, eloraam.com has an alexa ranking of 300,000 -- lower is better).
    -Traffic's been consistently high every since the beginning of May - Albalka's trollish 'announcement' of 1.96 was May 5.
    -7,000 users generate 50,000 pageviews of traffic -- the forum a likely cause.

Some other thoughts:
    There's something called an "Alexa keyword analysis", it appears to list a number of words related to the site. The #1 keword for this site is "industrial craft", the #1 keyword for buildcraft's site is "buildcraft", and guess what the #1 keyword for eloraam.com is.

• where does all this rp2 vs. btw drama come from any way?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• High traffic from Germany? That could be me. :D

eloraam.com has BTW as first Tag? no wonder why google is giving me only the MC-Forum, when asking for Redpower.

Yeah. I'm guessing the whole 9% comes from Greg and the DragonLord. (He lives in Germany, right?)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Official Post

I took another look at the sight, and I noticed -- it says that the ad revenue generated by this sight is $213 per day. Is there some glut of ads I'm somehow not noticing, or is there something weird going on?

Probably it's calculating the "potential" ad value or something?
    If that's really 200/day, I should consider using some advertisment on this page... I mean, seriously... 200 freakin bugs EACH DAY? Oh hell...

• Go for it, Al!

(I have adblocker anyways :P )

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Probably it's calculating the "potential" ad value or something?
    If that's really 200/day, I should consider using some advertisment on this page... I mean, seriously... 200 freakin bugs EACH DAY? Oh hell...

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a few advertisements on your blog, if it's putting money into your pocket and helps you to keep developing IC2, Then why not?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I'm willing to turn off my ad-blocker just to support this mod. Put advertisements and you'll be generating money!

• Official Post

More numbers! :3

There are about 30-40k unique visitors on all ic.net sites per day
    those generate ~200-250k hits and download ic about 16k times a day

1 USA ~10k
    2 Germany ~2k
    2 Russia ~2k
    3 UK ~1.8k
    4 France ~1.5k
    5 Spain ~1k

Referers:
    Direct access ~20k
    Search Engines ~12k
    Websites ~5k

Websites:
    1 Youtube
    2 Technicpack
    3 Tekkit wiki
    4 russian minecraftwiki

5 minecraftforum
    Keywords (Search Engines):
    1 industrial craft
    2 industrial craft wiki
    3 industrialcraft
    4 ic2 wiki
    5 ic2

Search Engines:
    Google ~11,5k
    Yandex ~300
    Bing ~200
    Yahoo ~100

• Do it! Ads are okay if they support mah favorite mod!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• where does all this rp2 vs. btw drama come from any way?

BTW was moved to Forge a while a go. Around the time Eloraam added the cool new stuff to RP2 (tubes, blutricity) the author of BTW suddenly got really pissed. He took Forge and modified to make an exclusive version for his mod and accused Eloraam of something to do with copying all the other mods. In fairness RP2's tubes are worlds away from Buildcraft's both of them are still used a lot.

I would personally be fine with advertising (as long as it isn't popups). Perhaps put a banner ad to the right of the bread crumbs, in between the forum banner and the IC2 recent version box.