Suggestion: Invisibility Suit

• I enjoy the uniqueness of many IC2 items and functions, and have thus decided to share an ambitious idea. What I am suggesting is a full body suit that would make the player either completely invisible, or have a dim outline. The helmet would make the head invisible, the boots would make the feet invisible, etc. This armor would, of course, run off of electricity, and slowly discharge similar to other equip-able IC2 items. I do think there should be some form of protection against mobs as well, so either mobs would be unable to see the player (perhaps only if they had all 4 pieces of armor), and/or the invisibility suit had an armor value. In my opinion, the best would be both, with a very weak armor value. Though, it would be cool if you stared at an enderman, they still attacked you, and enderdragons were able to detect the equipped player as well. Additionally, there is the issue of nameplates in SMP. This could be constantly dimmed, maybe even identical to crouching where it's invisible behind blocks, preventing the invisibility suit from being OP. Personally, I think it would be better if the nameplate was completely removed (only if the player was wearing all 4 pieces), but you could see a dim outline of those that are invisible. The recipe would definitely include at least one advanced circuit, but depending on whether or not there is an armor value, nameplate, etc., the recipe could be highly variable.

:P

You don't just :Bronze Shovel: a MinecraftGhast , you have to bloody :Nuke TNT: it.

Edited 2 times, last by goatpig ().

• I Like the idea but on an earlier thread of similar nature. Ablaka stated that Invisibility is very hard if not impossible. Without very complex forge hooks. That being said i believe that this is a good idea if it was possible to implement.

• Not that hard, just an invisible Skin, invisible Armoroverlay, invisible Hotbaritem and invisible Playernametag, and all that is not implemented in Forge.

I don't know anything about coding ^^
    I would like having and I-Suit, but just for PvP (wait for I-Conflict!)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• My knowledge of Java is very limited, but it seems that if glass is possible, an invisibility suit is plausible. I think the difficulty would come from keeping the player transparent as they moved, and maybe keeping the tools transparent only when they are in the hands of the wearer. This brings up another issue; should items the player holds be invisible or not?

You don't just :Bronze Shovel: a MinecraftGhast , you have to bloody :Nuke TNT: it.

• My knowledge of Java is very limited, but it seems that if glass is possible, an invisibility suit is plausible. I think the difficulty would come from keeping the player transparent as they moved, and maybe keeping the tools transparent only when they are in the hands of the wearer. This brings up another issue; should items the player holds be invisible or not?

Not sure. This could be used as an intended drawback of it (You can't hold anything), or it could make it even more awesome.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• In SSP, the client seeing it as invisible would be hella hard.
    In SMP, it would be the opposite, at least for other players. There are quite a few plugins that make people invisible, and those don't have forge or anything.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• maybe, but how could he see his beard with an invisibility suit on?

maybe endermen can teleport to you, but they focus on the spot where they last looked at you, rather than you yourself

• subforum rule: your title must start with the word suggestion HELP: Suggestions

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• How about just a "cloaking device" that makes the nameplate like you are sneaking, but you can run with the thing? Not sure if such a thing would be useful though.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• How about just a "cloaking device" that makes the nameplate like you are sneaking, but you can run with the thing? Not sure if such a thing would be useful though.

This is an interesting idea, but I would prefer an invisibility suit because it's of simpler principles. It isn't as if minecraft characters have tracking devices to stalk other players, the nameplate just makes it easier to recognize people though it's unrealistic. The invisibility suit would just make the entire person invisible, and, if considering nameplates part of the person, it's coherent that the nameplates vanish by the same device as the body.

• invisibility effect already implemented in vanilla and available as potion effect...

Where is this invisibility potion in Vanilla Minecraft you speak of?

• indeed i recall no such ability being granted to anyone other than haxorz

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Not that hard, just an invisible Skin, invisible Armoroverlay, invisible Hotbaritem and invisible Playernametag, and all that is not implemented in Forge.

especially since see through skins just go black