[Suggestion]Teleporter improvement

• After multiple "we will never implement this" teleporter allowed to move items and crop's trampling fixed.

Soo now i suggest to allow moving teleporter face with wrench and expect "wont implement this never" answer and such feature 2-4 versions later.
    If implemented properly this will allow building interesting systems that manipulate entity velocity and hardtodetect without xray traps.
    This will also need vector utils to operate velocity and addition of projectiles into allowed list (arrows and littnt)

Also disable particles if nontransperent block placed infront of teleporter face and move exitpoint one block futher. This will allow "hightech" dispenser cannons, invisible and undetectable. With tnt more advancet tnt cannons will be possible.

• Soo now i suggest to allow moving teleporter face with wrench and expect "wont implement this never" answer and such feature 2-4 versions later.

What is being suggested here? Are you suggesting that teleporters should be able to teleport items and blocks, or are you suggesting that teleporters should just be able to have their active face turned?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

After multiple "we will never implement this" teleporter allowed to move items and crop's trampling fixed.

Soo now i suggest to allow moving teleporter face with wrench (Valid Idea) and expect "wont implement this never" answer and such feature 2-4 versions later.
    If implemented properly this will allow building interesting systems that manipulate entity velocity (how the heck does a Teleporter manipulate entityvelocity? It normally stays at the same Velocity, or at no Velocity, after normal Teleporting! AHH you mean rotationdependend Teleporting so that you can change the Direction of the Teleported Object, Good Idea) and hardtodetect without xray traps (I can do that with VanillaMC alone, but its still valid).
    This will also need vector utils to operate velocity and addition of projectiles into allowed list (arrows and littnt) (Teleporting EVERY Entity is a good Idea)

Also disable particles if nontransperent block placed infront of teleporter face and move exitpoint one block futher. This will allow "hightech" dispenser cannons, invisible and undetectable. With tnt more advancet tnt cannons will be possible. (TNT-Teleport-Cannons? Why not Zoidberg Nuke-Teleport-Cannons)

I understood your Idea and i like it. +1

• I like it :D +1
    especially the part about hidden traps

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• So this is basically like the portal mod but with IC2 teleporters and movable entities? If that is the case then I will have to +1 as I definitely see trap applications to this

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• main part - make teleporters behave just like portal's portals at velocity handling and allow TE face rotation.

hurge range pinpoint nuke delivery system with array of teleporters forming velocity accelerator or similar system that accelerate player and then shoot him at horizontal direction over ice path.

this will also require to enable 20 blocks "free" teleportation, othervise building such system will be too expensive.

• +1 to the suggestion, but the 20 blocks free teleport will likely not be implemented. After all, a couple of blocks isn't that expensive. Especially since you won't be teleporting players, but entities. Only a couple thousand EU per teleport then.

• Instead of free 20 meters progressive formula can be used.
    For example make cost proportional to square of distance. This will make short range use quite cheap and encourage half-way transit stations. It is also very easy to calculate.

• it always was exponental, and "free" teleportation does not mean - no energy cost, "" placed for reason.

1-20 range - fixed cost like 1000 per player 10 per item, no more no less, no formula.
    21++ == (range^0.5)*2 * 100 (or smth similar with any progression)

• range^0.5 is not exponential and encourages long way teleport.
    Wiki text can be treated as "proportional". I did not use it myself.

• I like the idea of having almost invisible traps and rotating teleporters.
    However, a simple entity-detector running on eu would work just as well.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• So basically teleporting all entities, adjusting their rotation and velocity to the direction of the receiving teleporter, but maintaining the velocity (just pointing it in a new direction, relative to the difference in rotation between the transmitting and receiving teleporters).
    Sir the enemy are placing... half slabs? on our lawn!!
    Soldier, hand me the telescope.
    Sir do you s-
    Wait, thos- GET BACK
    (sound of detonating TNT)
    I hope this gets implemented

Also teleportation should be a LOT cheaper. The only time I have seen them used is on GC, in KaneHart's house. Considering he is collecting (or has collected) and array of 50 HV solar panels I don't think he counts. Also, Firefox why u no believe in teleport? Perhaps a maximum of 100EU per item stack, and 1,000 for the player. Times a quarter of the distance?? For a thousand blocks that is 1.15mEU (on SMP people will travel pretty far, I see that as a decent price).

• Long range teleportations shoud require long warmup and hurge amount of energy, just like in hl2 brine's teleporter - energy of entire citadel for 20 minutes just for single teleportation (ever without stacks of items).

soo i suggest to alter formula and increase energy storage search range and allow diagonals, 5 cube will allow up to 1.25kkk energy used by teleporter. Such hurge amount may be used for cross world travel (we may try to remove vanilla portals and go hell in hightech way) or callback traveling (ever something like protoss emergensy gohome device, that teleport user on event of emminent death.

Callback teleporters may be used for bringing home resources from quarry, miner or wheat farm back home without setting network and msfus around - cental teleporter linked with 125 MSFUs and unlimited amount of child teleporters linked to it, soaking items and players from platforms to it.

Such teleportation shoud be extremely energy costly.

What about callback device - keep teleporter block and freqtrans in inventory, when want to go home, place teleporter and link it with freqtrans, after few moments