[Ideas] FreeLifeXtreme's Ideas into one Topic! (Updated:11th July 2012 - 06:47)

• Idea 1: 2nd July 2012

Advanced Upgrader.

This machine virtually enchants drills and axes and other industrialcraft tools. But instead of an enchanting table, you have to use the upgrader, it places upgrades inside the drill, which can easily be removed by the advanced upgrade remover. Plus certain combinations of upgrades cause the drill to malfunction.

Idea 2: 2nd July 2012

Self Sustaining Energy

This idea would be a machine of sorts that resembles the self sustaining energy tower from the ultimate avengers. It would be a self sustaining energy source that would get very little energy from, but you could upgrade you machine so it can use the energy more efficiently, and there would be 3 ranks oif the machine. LV, MV, HV. It's a simple idea, and I look forward to a response.

Idea 3: 2nd July 2012

Pollution

Much like the thaumcraft mod with taint, I think it would be cool to add pollution to IC2, then you have to make an air purifier to purify the air, that way it's harder to have lots of machines at one, and making it more realistic.

Update: With nuclear energy it would be best to build a large chimney to funnel the toxic fumes into the air. (The point of having pollution is that people try to avert pollution.)

Idea 4: 2nd July 2012

CPU

Basically, it would add a block that would intelligently save EU. It would only give the exact power amount, and would even make the machines more efficient too. The CPU would also have the ability to transport items from a block to a chest.

Update: It would be an external upgrader, it would give every machine it was hooked up to all the upgrades (2 of each). Also you would have to connect it up with information wires instead of cables.

Idea 5: 3rd July 2012

Static energy

Static energy would surround areas that have machines in them. If you're not careful, and static energy builds up, your machines won't work anymore. There are ways to prevent static energy...An energy collector. It draws in static electricity and outputs it as EU.

Idea 6: 3rd July 2012

Machine Mechanics

Basically what this would do is that you can acces a back panel or something to get inside the computer. mYou could then use a wrench or a screwdriver to take old parts out and put new parts in. You could also implement upgrades instead of putting them into a panel at the side of the GUI.

Idea 7: 3rd July 2012

Packager

This machine would require the result of an ore (anythiung that is not the ore itself.), and stone. This machine would package your result back into an ore. (Small Idea)

Idea 8: 3rd July 2012

Potatoes

This would implement potatoes into the game. You could use poatatoes to run your LV machines for half a day.(Potatoes would be placable as blocks, and once hooked up with cables would start outputting energy!)

Idea 9: 3rd July 2012

Improved HUD

The HUD system is out of date. To check on jetpack (I knwo it's already been suggested to see jetpack fuel) energy, and bat or lap pack energy, you have to press E. Yes, it doesn't take much time out of our lives, but it would be much appreciated if a new HUD system was implemented (Maybe with a helmet (Cheaper), or goggles (Expensive)).

Idea 10: 4th July 2012

Solar Panel Models

This would make the solar panel span two blocks high, and one wide. The solar panel would slope through the two blocks, and would face the direction opposite to what yuo face when you place it.

Idea 11: 4th July 2012

Cogs

In the beginning of the game you obtain a lot of wood. I think that you should be able to make machines out of wood and cogs, these would be faster than furnaces, but would break when used (When they break they have a random chance of dropping 2 Cogs, and 1 wooden Plank).

Update: You can use different ranks of cogs on the side of a machine to improve speed. Lower ranks have slower improvements. You can also place up to three, and 2 sticks between them. It also takes time for the cogs to get up to speed.

Idea 12: 5th July 2012

Advanced Wires

These wires could carry a redstone siganl aswell as EU. It also wouldn't lose EU over distances.

Idea 13: 5th July 2012

Rubber Tubes

These tubes would function much like builvraft pipes, but to pump items out you would need an item pump. The tubeing would connect from the pump.

Idea 14: 6th July 2012

Nuclear Radiation

What this would imlement is that if you spent a certain amount of time close to a nuclear reactor, you would get a ransom potion ability. So if it's a good ability then you have mutated (rather like hulk), If it is bad then you have got radiation sickness.

Idea 15: 11th July 2012

Rubber Application

This would mean that you could place down wires, then you could later rightclick on them with rubber, and they would become insulated!

Thanks for Reading

• Official Post

1. Advanced Upgrader.
    This machine virtually enchants drills and axes and other industrialcraft tools.

2. Self Sustaining Energy
    This idea would be a machine of sorts that resembles the self sustaining energy tower from the ultimate avengers.

3. Thanks for Reading

1. IT GOT ALREADY SUGGESTED AS NANOTECH-LAB

2. NO ADDITIONAL SUPER-ENERGYSOURCES

3. I hit the 30sec-Pause-between-Posts-Barrier multiple times by trying to reply to your Ideas.

• 1. nanotech lab already on the todo list, but enchantments as we know them in vanilla will never be implemented on electric tools(according to the word of alblaka)

2. implemented as "unmanned watermill"

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I will admit that I've been thinking about pollution as something cool, but do we really need to give people more reason to build solar, water and geothermal plants? As it is, they're easier than nukes, are free energy, and wouldn't generate pollution. So all it would do is make people rush to solar/wind/water. And how much would it really add? Sure it would be cool to turn a desert into a polluted wasteland full of spent nuclear fuel cells and mutated creatures, but would the new mechanic really add any hayo-ishness to the gameplay.

• Official Post

I will admit that I've been thinking about pollution as something cool, but do we really need to give people more reason to build solar, water and geothermal plants? As it is, they're easier than nukes, are free energy, and wouldn't generate pollution. So all it would do is make people rush to solar/wind/water. And how much would it really add? Sure it would be cool to turn a desert into a polluted wasteland full of spent nuclear fuel cells and mutated creatures, but would the new mechanic really add any hayo-ishness to the gameplay.

Yes it would. :D

I was purposely tainting Areas, to make it "polluted", until i recognized that Taintblocks are causing massive graphical Lag.

• 2. What's to stop people from spamming these like Solar Panels? Who wouldn't want infinite free energy with no drawbacks?

3.This is the one idea that I like, in Thumcraft the Taint mechanic was very well worked but how would pollution be produced? What would stop even more people from spamming solars to avoid this?

CPU

would even make the machines more efficient too.

4a. Basically an outside the machine overclocker?

The CPU would also have the ability to transport items from a block to a chest.

4b. Other mods such as redpower and buildcraft exist for this purpose

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Much like the thaumcraft mod with taint, you have to make an air purifier to purify the air

- 10 ...
    Would you like seeing your biome becoming desert because you've used Gen ? Basic Gen are already UP in middle/endgame ...

And it has been already suggested/denied.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• No really, why the fudge did you do a megapost?

It was either a megapost or he spams the forums with about 9-10 threads in 2-3 days as opposed to his current 4-5 threads in 2-3 days

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I would suggest that a pollution mechanic should come with a major re-balance of energy generation. Fuel fired generators producing more energy, et cetera. Maybe add a mechanic where all fuel cells decay into another item, most become fully depleted cells, and only a few can be recycled. Then the depleted cells have to be stored or else craploads of environmental damage occurs.

I don't think it would change the biome, but maybe poisoning crops in the chunk, killing mobs, rain that damages the player, poison clouds (or just areas of ground that damage you when you walk over). I have no knowledge of Java or Minecraft/forge code, so I don't know if any of this is feasible or not.

Was there a specific reason pollution was already denied?

• alblaka has entertained the idea but i don't think its anything that will happen soon. some people don't like it because it could screw up existing worlds, nerf non-green generators (many think that green gens are OP or will be OP if pollution is added), or they just don't want to deal with it and find the suggester to be a masochistic nerfer for trying to force them into a less comfortable position.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Makes sense. Maybe make it a config setting? Default to off, and us masochists can turn it on for extra challenge? Sort of like hard mode for bee breeding in forestry.

Static energy

Static
    energy would surround areas that have machines in them. If you're not
    careful, and static energy builds up, your machines won't work anymore.
    There are ways to prevent static energy...An energy collector. It draws
    in static electricity and outputs it as EU.

So for example my EUs go into a macerator, it builds up energy, which is collected by an energy collector and pumped back into the system, infinite energy much?

Machine Mechanics

Basically what this would do is that you can
    acces a back panel or something to get inside the computer. mYou could
    then use a wrench or a screwdriver to take old parts out and put new
    parts in. You could also implement upgrades instead of putting them into
    a panel at the side of the GUI

By computer do you mean machine? If so, why are we needlessly complicating the upgrade system? Also please elaborate on the concept of "parts"

Packager

This machine would require the result of an ore
    (anythiung that is not the ore itself.), and stone. This machine would
    package your result back into an ore. (Small Idea)

I don't see any real applications for this as this is kind of why the silk touch enchantment exists

Potatoes

This would implement potatoes into the game. You could
    use poatatoes to run your LV machines for half a day.(Potatoes would be
    placable as blocks, and once hooked up with cables would start
    outputting energy!)

My potato farm outputs 500 eu/t....yeah, no

Improved HUD

The HUD system is out of date. To check on jetpack (I knwo it's already been suggested to see jetpack fuel) energy, and bat or lap pack energy, you have to press E. Yes, it doesn't take much time out of our lives, but it would be much appreciated if a new HUD system was implemented (Maybe with a helmet (Cheaper), or goggles (Expensive)).

I'm pretty certain this was already denied due to forge not having HUD hooks

• As for potatoes, far too OP as suggested. Maybe if they output a quarter of a single use battery when placed in a bat box or directly in a machine. Otherwise, far too OP. There is a reason we don't run power grids off of massive potato production facilities IRL. In fact, the most I've ever seen was a very specially designed potato powered web server.

• static energy: no its a nerf and I DON'T LIKE NERFS :evil:
    packager: no single use machines
    CPU: see electronic circuits that are part of every machine
    potatoes: already implemented as redwheat(redstone can function as a single use 200-ish EU battery)

• Potatoes? really?
    and i think a quarter of a single use batterie like Keserian said, is too much. maybe 100 EU
    but, i dont know... potatoes as a energy source... that would be freaking awesome