[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• This looks really interesting. I'll bookmark it and give it a try... if I don't have horrifying issues with block ids. I'm really piling on the mods and addons.

Forge has built-in 4096 block IDs now.
    Keep piling! :P

rr10nov: if you fix an issue yourself, it's best to leave the post there and edit it to say how you fixed it, in case anyone else has the same problem.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I had a random thought. For tube shaped forcefields, a levitation unit upgrade would be interesting. I imagine it nullifying gravity and moving entities slowly outward along its axis. A vertical tube would, for example, lift a player into the air. This is inspired, of course, by the Excursion Funnels of Portal 2. As such, the polarity could be reversed to pull entities toward the generator. Cheers!

• Awesome, cant wait for Rev 6 :)

This is how Iv used it so far, this is the reason I need tube force-fields to punch through other forcefields...

Thanks for the mod man :)

One suggestion tho, maybe have the upgrades (zapper, camoflague, etc) attach to the Forcefield Core (instead of indivdual projectors) and make it effect all forcefields attached to that Core?

• D: I'm sad that I can't use this mod. The config file is blank, and I have an item ID issue. Strangely enough, your other mods config files work fine.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• D: I'm sad that I can't use this mod. The config file is blank, and I have an item ID issue. Strangely enough, your other mods config files work fine.

Copy this one and edit the IDs. You are looking in config\ModularForceFieldSystem.cfg, right?

Also I completely forgot about rev6. D'oh! Uploading now.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Dear Immibis.
    Are you planning on defense grids similar to the ones currently present in Thunderdark's version?
    I have worked out a original way to work this out without copying the system.

Thanks in advance,

XenoForce

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• So I created my first camo force field today and noticed a major issue. Whatever block you use it uses non-texturepack images.....so if someone is using any kind of texture pack (my friends and i all use sphax) you can see that its a force field. Any way you could code it to project images based on the texture pack images and not the default vanilla images?

Edit: Also, my friends and I were thinking about making a realistic version of Atlantis on our server :). Any chance of being able to extend the 32 block dome to something larger? a config option maybe? a new upgrade?

Update: So I have come across another error. The MFFD directional extender does not work as intended. Changing the setting on it (width) does nothing. It will extend the force field one block (sometimes 2) but the width setting never effects this. Also, I am using the version included in 3.1 tekkit (version 5). If this has all been corrected since I apologize :).

Thanks!!

New Update!! - I decided to modify my tekkit server with version 6 ....updated my client and BAM...camo works with texture pack images. Hoorah!! Also, the MFFD directional extender now works as intended again. I tested camo + zapper...all good. Tested tunneling through the forcefield and it worked.

Thanks for the hard work on this!! Any chance of being able to make bigger sphere force fields!!?! Id love to get my atlantis up and running ;)

• Using mffs_rev5_for_1.2.5-bukkit.zip and I was trying out the Reactor Server/Client, I stuck a Client on the side of a reactor chamber, and my server.log got this error. It basically corrupted my world I think (just a test world).

Code
    2012-07-23 18:52:12 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException: mffs.TileEntityReaktorMonitorClient cannot be cast to mffs.TileEntityPassivUpgrade
    	at mffs.TileEntityReaktorField.checkupgrades(TileEntityReaktorField.java:379)
    	at mffs.TileEntityProjektor.q_(TileEntityProjektor.java:326)
    	at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Edit:
    Also, if I should die and respawn outside the force field... how do you get back inside? I found a sort of cheating way inside... the forcefield cube went through a tree. I got on top of the tree and dug down really fast through the leaves, and I was able to drop down inside of the forcefield before it filled in the blocks where the leaves used to be. So I was able to get back in that time... but not sure how you're supposed to do it in the future.

Edit2:
    I'd also add that the force field generator was being powered by some solar arrays, so I don't think I could "wait it out" until the shield failed for me to get back inside. It looks like the other version has some kind of security gates or something? Is that somewhere in this edition? This is kind of like locking your keys inside of your car. I can't figure out how to get back inside.

• Hey, thanks for your awsome work. I recently tried out the blockcutter upgrade and realised it only cuts vannilia blocks, Tin/Copper Ore, Nether Ores and Marble/Basalt aren't removed.
    I looked through all config files and haven't found a way to change it. Is that a future feature ?

• So I created my first camo force field today and noticed a major issue. Whatever block you use it uses non-texturepack images.....so if someone is using any kind of texture pack (my friends and i all use sphax) you can see that its a force field. Any way you could code it to project images based on the texture pack images and not the default vanilla images?

Fixed in rev6, IIRC.

Edit: Also, my friends and I were thinking about making a realistic version of Atlantis on our server :). Any chance of being able to extend the 32 block dome to something larger? a config option maybe? a new upgrade?

A config option would be good.

Update: So I have come across another error. The MFFD directional extender does not work as intended. Changing the setting on it (width) does nothing. It will extend the force field one block (sometimes 2) but the width setting never effects this. Also, I am using the version included in 3.1 tekkit (version 5). If this has all been corrected since I apologize :).

Thanks!!

Works for me, and I don't think I changed that since that version.

Unintentional feature discovered that allows you to make invisible zapper forcefields. OP or not?

Battery snot included.

• Using mffs_rev5_for_1.2.5-bukkit.zip and I was trying out the Reactor Server/Client, I stuck a Client on the side of a reactor chamber, and my server.log got this error. It basically corrupted my world I think (just a test world).

Code
    2012-07-23 18:52:12 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.ClassCastException: mffs.TileEntityReaktorMonitorClient cannot be cast to mffs.TileEntityPassivUpgrade
    	at mffs.TileEntityReaktorField.checkupgrades(TileEntityReaktorField.java:379)
    	at mffs.TileEntityProjektor.q_(TileEntityProjektor.java:326)
    	at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

That is a bug, I'll have a rev5.1 and 6.1rev7 out soon. (5.1 since Tekkit are on 5 and might not want to update just for this fix). Also to fix a crash I found with directional extenders.
    (edit: There will be no 5.1)

Edit:
    Also, if I should die and respawn outside the force field... how do you get back inside? I found a sort of cheating way inside... the forcefield cube went through a tree. I got on top of the tree and dug down really fast through the leaves, and I was able to drop down inside of the forcefield before it filled in the blocks where the leaves used to be. So I was able to get back in that time... but not sure how you're supposed to do it in the future.

There is none. XD
    You might want to be more careful, or set your spawn point inside.

Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• As I mentioned in the update, I moved on to revision 6 and it solved all my problems :). If you could throw in that config option my friends and i (and the members of the Atlantis Expedition ;)) would be really grateful :). Also, I noticed the invisible zapper forcefield and its AWESOME....TRUE camo :). Personally I don't think its op as long as the zapper remains at its current power level. If it was one hit kill it would be OP but for now its just a nasty surprise :)

Oh, also I was trying to think of a way to get into my forcefield if i ever got stuck on the outside somehow....I think the best option is A) have a tunneling force field with a switch on the outside B) set up some wireless redstone. The problem with both is that they allow access to anyone that finds the switch on the outside. I would think that a way that you and only you can enter your force field would be "nifty" :).

Update!!! - I found that IC2 seems to be implementing their own force field generator that works much differently and with no upgrades (one block that gets bigger or smaller depending on the power you feed it.). However they did have a good idea for getting through your own force field with the frequency transmitter: check it out :) http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…php?title=Field_Generator

• So i was experimenting with a nuclear reactor breeder type. and i let him get a little to hot. and the reactor containment field projector self activated. the problem is. that is says he brakes blocks like the block beaker upgrade does, when he self activates. the problem his that the force field also brakes the reactor containment field projector, this results in a partial force field (around 65 % ). that does not stop the blast from making a crater in the ground. Is this how is suppose to work ?

• Nothing at all stops a griefing player in SMP from setting up a force field projector outside your base, installing a block cutter upgrade, and then sending the field into your base like a knife to destroy everything. The original version of the mod (the one I ported back in December to bukkit) had a feature where the inhibitor upgrade would prevent any field that was projected by a generator on a different frequency than the one the inhibitor upgrade is on from forming.

Why did you remove this feature, and how do you plan to fix this problem?

• As I mentioned in the update, I moved on to revision 6 and it solved all my problems :). If you could throw in that config option my friends and i (and the members of the Atlantis Expedition ;)) would be really grateful :). Also, I noticed the invisible zapper forcefield and its AWESOME....TRUE camo :). Personally I don't think its op as long as the zapper remains at its current power level. If it was one hit kill it would be OP but for now its just a nasty surprise :)

The config option will be in rev7.

Oh, also I was trying to think of a way to get into my forcefield if i ever got stuck on the outside somehow....I think the best option is A) have a tunneling force field with a switch on the outside B) set up some wireless redstone. The problem with both is that they allow access to anyone that finds the switch on the outside. I would think that a way that you and only you can enter your force field would be "nifty" :).

Wouldn't it break PVP if you could make areas that only one player could ever get into?

Update!!! - I found that IC2 seems to be implementing their own force field generator that works much differently and with no upgrades (one block that gets bigger or smaller depending on the power you feed it.). However they did have a good idea for getting through your own force field with the frequency transmitter: check it out :) http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.p…Field_Generator

That is a good idea, but

So i was experimenting with a nuclear reactor breeder type. and i let him get a little to hot. and the reactor containment field projector self activated. the problem is. that is says he brakes blocks like the block beaker upgrade does, when he self activates. the problem his that the force field also brakes the reactor containment field projector, this results in a partial force field (around 65 % ). that does not stop the blast from making a crater in the ground. Is this how is suppose to work ?

That's a bug. I made block cutter upgrades work on any block, and didn't consider that. Rev7 will make it not work on tile entities.

Nothing at all stops a griefing player in SMP from setting up a force field projector outside your base, installing a block cutter upgrade, and then sending the field into your base like a knife to destroy everything. The original version of the mod (the one I ported back in December to bukkit) had a feature where the inhibitor upgrade would prevent any field that was projected by a generator on a different frequency than the one the inhibitor upgrade is on from forming.

Why did you remove this feature, and how do you plan to fix this problem?

I didn't remove it - it wasn't there at all. If this was back in December, then maybe Thunderdark removed it since then.
    What if a griefer uses another inhibitor upgrade to open a hole in your forcefield so they can get in?

Battery snot included.

• Seriously thank you for your quick responses on this and the work on this.

A) Thank you for adding in that config....looking forward to revision 7 :).
    B) On the matter of making force fields that only you can walk through....I DO agree that on PVP servers it pretty much becomes op. The server I run is about 10 close friends and while in the beginning we were all "HUNGER GAMES...TO THE DEATH!!" We have all kind of moved on to helping each other out and starting to work on big projects (like atlantis). In this case...force fields are more aesthetic / protection from mobs etc. (although they are kind of fun to set up invisible traps of DOOM ;)). Maybe another config option? pvpEnabled: true / false ....if its on you can walk through your own force fields? Idk....honestly after talking with my friends we were thinking that it isn't THAT big of a deal :).
    C) I've just got into modding myself but im a longtime developer (C++ / PHP / little big of Java) and if you ever want some help please let me know....id love to lend a hand.

Thanks!

• found some bugs
    1 the zapper does not work on a field that has a camo on it
    2 if a quarry hits a zapper field then the field becomes a non zapper field
    sorry if you all ready know these

• Hey,

In SMP (Fine in SSP) You can't link a Remote Monitor Server & Client. When placing the Blank card into the Server (Which might have an id of say @270) it changes to an ID card, when placing it in the client however it says the ID it has picked up is in the negatives (Lets say @-1435434543) and the Client will not send out redstone signals for any channels.

This is an SMP Bug only, we have tested this on a Tekkit Server 3.1.1 (Bukkit Obviously) with both rev 5 & 6 tried on the Server & Client.

Is this an issue on our side? Pics can be made if needed. Would really like to know what is wrong since this is a major reason why we are using the mod.