Sorting Machine (I know Buildcraft isn't part of IC2 but it's Got IC2 Componats)

• Im showing you my sorting machine that sorts all the ores (excluding neather ores) From the tekkit pack.

I will show you with my Texture pack and with default.

So you put your ores in the Sorting chest then it transports it to a Diamond Transport pipe which sends the Copper, Iron, Tin, gold and Silver ore to the Allocated macerators.
    The Diamonds, Redstone, Coal, Ruby's, Sapphires, and Emeralds go straight to some chest via a Underground piping route.
    The Macerated ores then get transported to the Electric Furnance Section where the ores is smelted into bars and transported along the roof to the Storage Chest which are in the same room as the Sorting chest.

And yes this IS a Tekkit server which you can apply to join By asking me via skype (Docterdeath98) or you can PM me.
    Its Private and Hamachi which Im fine with for now as I know how to Port forward and can do when I like.

As for the Power Source that is my Mark I-O Nuclear Reactor which powers my factory Perfectly.

I was using Sphax texture pack which I find Suits my needs.

• I really like it but the diamond pipes are very expensive and there is only so much this sorting machine can do. Have you ever thought about redpower sorting machines?

Also can i get a link to sphax for tekkit?

• RP and IC2 can do everything BC can, and better.

Nope
    Can it set up huge auto-crafting networks like with Logistics pipes? Nope
    Can it automatically recursively craft stuff with said network? Nope (admittedly there is a limit to the recursion but it's pretty large)
    Can it auto-supply machines with a steady supply of stuff from said crafting network? Nope

• Official Post

Nope
    Can it set up huge auto-crafting networks like with Logistics pipes? Nope
    Can it automatically recursively craft stuff with said network? Nope (admittedly there is a limit to the recursion but it's pretty large)
    Can it auto-supply machines with a steady supply of stuff from said crafting network? Nope

Is all that needed, when you have:
    - Projecttables
    - Immibis Autocraftingtables Mk II (you go with Addons too)
    - InventoryItemDetectors (aka Regulators)

Nope.

• Is all that needed, when you have:
    - Projecttables
    - Immibis Autocraftingtables Mk II (you go with Addons too)
    - InventoryItemDetectors (aka Regulators)

Nope.

*snerk* that's a very far cry from logistics pipes.
    Project tables aren't automatic or recursive.
    the autocrafting tables won't auto-grab materials from a network.
    Regulators aren't nearly good enough *and* can't request a finished product from a network.

so yeah. Doesn't count as it's not even half as functional as logistics pipes.

• Official Post

Project tables aren't automatic or recursive.

But with a bit Experience, they are much faster, than Logisticpipes.

the autocrafting tables won't auto-grab materials from a network.

A bit bundled Wiring, a few Retrievers and a few Transposers, and they can.

Regulators aren't nearly good enough *and* can't request a finished product from a network.

Regulator detects Item in Craftingtable => Item gets pulled out => Item get sent to Consumer. And for requesting you have Retrievers, or Buttons and a bit Wiring.

so yeah. Doesn't count as it's not even half as functional as logistics pipes.

It's more realistic as them, because it needs the ridiculous Power of OVERENGINEERING!!!

• But with a bit Experience, they are much faster, than Logisticpipes.

A bit bundled Wiring, a few Retrievers and a few Transposers, and they can.

Regulator detects Item in Craftingtable => Item gets pulled out => Item get sent to Consumer. And for requesting you have Retrievers, or Buttons and a bit Wiring.

It's more realistic as them, because it needs the ridiculous Power of OVERENGINEERING!!!

1: not the point and you know it. I never sid *anything* about speed. I said automatic crafting, as in order up 64 humus and come back later.
    2: *snerk* now your just grasping at straws. I've had recipes that relied on several different components that also needed crafting. (like say, reactor chambers) Aka: impractical, hideously expensive and also not the point.
    3: Nope. Doesn't work like that as it isn't recursive at all. Plus it can't do stuff like use machines for crafting components. (like say, filling up a water cell or macerating cobble into sand)
    4: Very much so not the point and you know it. Very much so grasping at straws.

so yeah. NOT POSSIBLE WITH RP2, period, end of story.

• Official Post

1: not the point and you know it. I never sid *anything* about speed. I said automatic crafting, as in order up 64 humus and come back later.
    2: *snerk* now your just grasping at straws. I've had recipes that relied on several different components that also needed crafting. (like say, reactor chambers) Aka: impractical, hideously expensive and also not the point.
    3: Nope. Doesn't work like that as it isn't recursive at all. Plus it can't do stuff like use machines for crafting components. (like say, filling up a water cell or macerating cobble into sand)
    4: Very much so not the point and you know it. Very much so grasping at straws.

so yeah. NOT POSSIBLE WITH RP2, period, end of story.

1. Possible using Redpower and an extreme Complex Storage+Autocraftingsystem (of course much more expensive than Logipipes)
    2. Its possible to make a Factory for them using the Autocraftingtable MkII (of course also complex and expensive)
    3. Yes, Recursion is nearly impracticable, but using the RP-Computers its still possible.
    4. I said only its possible, not its userfriendly or easy.

So yeah, its possible, but EXTREME Expensive, EXTREME Complicated and not as fast as Logipipes. And i doubt anyone would do that.

And as far as i know, Player built a Solarpanelfactory using Redpower, which produces HV-Solarpanels only on demand. And Redled72 built one using CC-Computers and normal BC-Pipes. So if we transfer this Principle to other craftable Stuff like Nuclearreactorchambers, it is possible to just order the Stuff you need with a single Command (after you built a, way more than just 2 Blocks large, complex and expensive Factory for every single Item).

And a random coincidence is, that Player, Redled72 and me are Germans, so: German Engineering FTW!

• Official Post

I think the issue of practicality needs to be considered more. Possible, yes, but is it reasonable, no. For a smaller set of items it is practical, but on the scope of what logistics pipes are capable of, its just not practical imho.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Official Post

I think the issue of practicality needs to be considered more. Possible, yes, but is it reasonable, no. For a smaller set of items it is practical, but on the scope of what logistics pipes are capable of, its just not practical imho.

Thats what i said, but Ook thought it wouldnt be Functional or Possible, so i had to throw Arguments against his Statements.

I know its a way too huge Effort, to build this just with Redpower and the Autocraftingtable Mk-II.

• Thats what i said, but Ook thought it wouldnt be Functional or Possible, so i had to throw Arguments against his Statements.

I know its a way too huge Effort, to build this just with Redpower and the Autocraftingtable Mk-II.

Then why argue a point you *KNOW* to be false? One of those people that just can't lose an argument, are you?
    Sheesh

• Official Post

Then why argue a point you *KNOW* to be false? One of those people that just can't lose an argument, are you?
    Sheesh

I argued only against the Statements in which you said, that its impossible or not functional. I never said it would be easy to build, cheap or small.

And i have a System in Mind, with which one could build "Logistics-Pipes" only by using Redpower and Tubestuff (of course everything Computercontrolled). Anyone here saying "Challenge Accepted" to proof it? I'm actually too lazy to build it.

• Honnestly, I prefer a hybrid logistics pipes / RP2 sorting system. I much prefer RP2 bounce back mechanic vs. "drop items on the ground" mechanic from buildcraft. I use RP2 for input, macerating, smelting, and common bulk item sorting. The sort of stuff that, say, a frame quarry will be dumping stacks of at a time. Anything that my RP2 system doesnt know about gets kicked to a "random junk chest". All chest inputs are from the bottom. On the back of each chest I have a logistics chassis pipe; on everything but the overflow chest, I have a provider module and a polymorphic item sink. On the random junk, I have an item sink as default, a provider, and a quick sort. Usually I throw a dirt and sand terminus module somewhere in the system for excess sand and dirt from forestry farms.

The reason I built this was because of my first frame quarry (DW20 style) that completely overloaded my early pure logistics pipes system. A quicksort module ended up dumping lots of items on the ground, and multiple wooden pipes out of the ender chest ended up with a lot of ore in the default route not getting sorted.

• Honnestly, I prefer a hybrid logistics pipes / RP2 sorting system. I much prefer RP2 bounce back mechanic vs. "drop items on the ground" mechanic from buildcraft. I use RP2 for input, macerating, smelting, and common bulk item sorting. The sort of stuff that, say, a frame quarry will be dumping stacks of at a time. Anything that my RP2 system doesnt know about gets kicked to a "random junk chest". All chest inputs are from the bottom. On the back of each chest I have a logistics chassis pipe; on everything but the overflow chest, I have a provider module and a polymorphic item sink. On the random junk, I have an item sink as default, a provider, and a quick sort. Usually I throw a dirt and sand terminus module somewhere in the system for excess sand and dirt from forestry farms.

The reason I built this was because of my first frame quarry (DW20 style) that completely overloaded my early pure logistics pipes system. A quicksort module ended up dumping lots of items on the ground, and multiple wooden pipes out of the ender chest ended up with a lot of ore in the default route not getting sorted.

How did you have it sorting stuff? I had a pure logistics system in one world and it coped with things just fine. (granted ore processing was done with filters and transposers)
    Any cobble and dirt were set to go to their assigned destination first then second (terminus module) to a diamond chest with a wooden pipe surrounded by a few engines (2 redstone, 1 steam as an on demand thing) pumping all the excess into a void pipe. Stuff like sandstone, gravel and flint went straight to the disposal chest.

• I first had the chest hooked up to a quicksort, but it pulled the cobble out so fast that it flooded my recyclers and dump the cobble on the ground. Mind you, this was a 33 x 33 (or 32x32, I can't remember if my "must be centered" OCD kicked in) frame quarry that only side shifted once before moving down. If I remember correctly, I was having the same issues with my item sink based macerating and smelting. Sometimes with a quicksort, the system would just get flooded if I hit too much ore within the same two or three quarry cycles.

The ore issue was less stack size, though. I only had two rotary macerators, so if I hit three or more different types of ore, it would foul the system. I think the reason items were dropping was because of the way LP was doing its routing. This may have been a bug, but from what I could tell, LP would jot send an item to a filled inventory, but, it would only look at the current state of the inventory, so, it would eventually try and send cobble into the same recyler as gravel, and the cobble would fall out. Lays at least how it looked to me.

After that I tried 4 redstone engines around an enderchest. I wound up having six of those setups to deal with the volume from that quarry.

The other reason I started messing with RP2 was that I wanted to build a mobile base,and logistics pipes and frames don't play nice.