IC2 Custom Testing Map -NEW NEW NEW- Workshop and Reactor!

• Not 100% sure where to place this so I guess I'll just upload it here.

Using TMI and SinglePlayerCommands, I created an large flat map made for testing IndustrialCraft^2's features on my crappy old laptop while at work. Since 98% of the blocks have been deleted it runs really fast on it now. But I also figured, why not share it on here as well. It features a large flat plain that extends right to far distance setting, ending with an obsidian wall and beyond that natural occurring blocks. If one doesn't want to stay in the flat map they could always travel or portal out of it.

The main building on the map is a storage house with every single raw block I could think of. If I am missing anything please let me know and I'll update the map. (If you are better at building than me (a very good chance at that!) feel free to share an updated map. I just wanted a functional storehouse, didn't care what it looks like heh.)

Main Storage only contains RAW materials. Ores, metal blocks, wood, sapplings, diamonds. Very little constructed items. It also only contains raw IndustrialCraft items like copper and tin ore, and the new rubber tree sapplings.

-NEW- Updated by FourFire and tested to be %100 glitch-free. 1.1.0 now includes a fully-fuctional reactor and a well-stocked machine workshop!

1.1.0 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fs596s6hve26tce (Workshop, Fuctional Reactor added! Credits goes to FourFire.)

1.0.2 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?uq21ij8b6ucqvcl (Fixed Uranium, signs in front of chests now, even more raw materials than 1.0.1)

1.0.1 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?kwohf2ptb58ub1z (Larger, no slime spawns, no Uranium)

1.0.0 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4asmsy15mwyy93i (First update, slimes everywhere, smaller house, less items)

How to Install: Install IndustrialCraft2 as normal. Unzip the rar file, place the intact folder into your saves directory in your .minecraft folder.

A few quirks: Slimes spawn in direct sunlight. Since the flat map is on bedrock level, they will spawn everywhere. Fixed!
    I'm not sure what I did but apparently I deleted some sort of 'weather' block when clearing out the map. There's a couple spots in the middle around the spawn where it doesn't rain. Not game breaking but weird. :x

• This will be super handy to help encourage people to avoid TMI. (As all should be aware by now, it's unsupported by IC2 so far).

Great job!

Could you please elaborate, it seems to work fine for me...

• Official Post

Could you please elaborate, it seems to work fine for me...

A number of TMI'd items (especially chargeable ones) don't come out in states that can be used in crafting recipes and certain other functions. It works fine for more than 75% of stuff, but we've seen a ton of silly bug reports because of the remainder.

Edit: Regarding the map - awesome!

• Map updated!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kwohf2ptb58ub1z

A few things corrected. For one the storage house is larger, more chests means more raw items. The center chests around the workbench are empty for placement of crafted goods.
    Again, left the second floor empty. I meant it for machine placements and such, so you can make it your home as a personal touch. As always if you got better ideas for the house or are a better builder feel free to upload your take. Or better yet, for anyone, feel free to post screenshots too! :D

The flatmap is now on the 32nd layer, so that means slimes no longer hop around in broad daylight anymore. Also, it means there's explorable caves under the map now. :3

The flatmap is larger too! So even on far setting you should not see the obsidian for a good while. Plus the obsidian wall is lowered so you can acturally climb over it easier now if you wanted. Before the obsidian went all the way to the skybox. Now it's just up to ocean level so water doesn't spill over.

• The lack of uranium does not help nuclear engineers who want to use this map.

• Crap! I knew I was forgetting something. I was going through all those chests and thought I had everything.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uq21ij8b6ucqvcl

Also new with this update is I made the single-chests doubles. It doesn't look 'as nice' but as before I value function over anything else.

Also new with this update, is I placed signs in front of all the chests so you can tell whats inside before looking into them

• could you possibly include one or more of my reactro containment chambers in the map? they are .schematics on my reactor thread :D

Well, all the materials are in there right? The point of the map is to craft items from raw components only for testing purposes, in case a new version of IC2 breaks something in the recipes. So sorry, you'll just have to build the machines yourself. :x

Edit: Oh, you mean like a pre-built reactor for power. Hmm, I may consider. Or you could just go ahead and upload it yourself if you like. :D

• Well, all the materials are in there right? The point of the map is to craft items from raw components only for testing purposes, in case a new version of IC2 breaks something in the recipes. So sorry, you'll just have to build the machines yourself. :x

Edit: Oh, you mean like a pre-built reactor for power. Hmm, I may consider. Or you could just go ahead and upload it yourself if you like. :D

I did!
    Things are now much easier and simpler for any nuclear engineers who want to do immediate nuclear testing IN Minecraft :)

• Well I tried it out thinking that this would be an easier way to test while creating mods. (I can't use TMI with MCP) To be honest however I was kinda disappointed from the minute I walked in the door. My first suggest would be to put a wooden pressure plate on the inside of the door. This lets the door auto open/close when you leave and auto close when you come in. Not a big deal, but that was the first thing I did to the house for the sake of convenience. The second thing is that you didn't make a workshop, which for me was a major problem. This is suppose to be an industrial craft test map why isn't there at least a simple workshop that is all powered up and ready to go with the induction furnace heated up to 100%? I would recommend putting one of each of the machines and have a couple of empty spaces for new machines along with a few full MFSUs for power storage The main power being from solar and auxiliary power provided by geothermal and a couple of chests full of lava cells. I want to test out recompiled code here not have to make a workshop from the ground up.The third problem was that you only gave base materials. This was another major problem for me. Again I don't want to have to build everything from the ground up I just want to test my mod. I can understand why you would leave crystals out but I have never had a problem TMIng the other components. Also TMIed crystals work just fine you just have to first charge them up and then they can be used for crafting.

Also I like FourFire's idea of having a pre-built containment unit for a nuclear reactor. This way you could just go to the map map a test out different designs without worrying about it blowing up.

Anyway like I said I was expecting the ultimate industrial craft 2 turnkey house not a fixer upper. However it is your creation and these are just suggestions for you, take them or leave them.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Right. It's a mod Test Map. Which is to also catch problems with creating machines and objects with IndustrialCraft. So, -ONLY- base materials were TMI'd in. There are a lot of problems with TMI and IndustrialCraft (read above), and if these bugged objects and machines were placed in the chest and you were to use them, then chances are good you'll be posting false-positive bug reports in the forum correct? Just get a bit of elbow grease and build them yourself. It's all there. You just gotta macerator smelt and build it all.

I'm sorry I'm not building stuff for you. But it's all part of the test process. If you'd rather start a blank map instead of a map with all raw materials from the get go in chests, then go ahead and start your fresh map. 8)

• Thanks goes to FourFire for new buildings to the map.

My only gripe atm is the map is still based on 1.7.3, but I suppose if you travel far away from the flat part of the map you'll generate 1.8.1 stuff. Maybe. Haven't tried yet. :x

1.9, I'll start from scratch, and try to transpose the new buildings over. Maybe add some of the new stuff in the bins too (Melons, Pumpkin seeds, etc etc)

• I personally love this map. First thing I did though was replace the machines upstairs with the advanced machines addon versions.

I spent pretty much all of one day making a whole new room to create a room that does this:

infinite cobble generator set up with quarry -> rotary macerator -> induction furnace -> auto crafting table making glass panes -> chest for backlog(there is a LOT of glass made) -> recyclers
    The products warp to a mass fabricator or a scrapbox maker. Depends on what I want.

One problem I've found with this though:
    How do I get Buildcraft oil?
    EDIT: Idea! If I used MCEdit to delete the area outside the flatmap, will it regenerate with oil deposits?