[Suggestion] Some piston fun

• Hi, first time on this forum.

I was playing creative IC2 when I started to think "let's use old-school machines in here too", and I tried to use pistons to move IC2 blocks, but it was impossible.
    I do understand that make blocks with inventory is hard to code so I tought you could make pistons work with cables, it's a simple idea, maybe useless, but still I think it can be fun.

• If I remember correctly cables were coded as tile entities, which pistons do not like to move. It's in the Mojang code. Not IC2's faullt.

• If I remember correctly cables were coded as tile entities, which pistons do not like to move. It's in the Mojang code. Not IC2's faullt.

As far as I know mods are meant to change the existant code. I am not talking about anyone's fault, I simply saw a feature that could be in IC2 that isn't right now. Maybe it doesn't serve of any purpose to enable pistons moving IC2 blocks, but I think someone would find interesting for some bizarre machine.

• As far as I know mods are meant to change the existant code. I am not talking about anyone's fault, I simply saw a feature that could be in IC2 that isn't right now. Maybe it doesn't serve of any purpose to enable pistons moving IC2 blocks, but I think someone would find interesting for some bizarre machine.

this feature can't be in IC2 right now cause piston can't move tile entities, and the only people that can fix that is mojang. hence its mojangs fault

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• this feature can't be in IC2 right now cause piston can't move tile entities, and the only people that can fix that is mojang. hence its mojangs fault

Or Eloraam could fix it, by adding her Framecode into the Piston. But that's not belonging to here.

• You may forgot that Eloraam is one of the Forgedevs, so she can change whatever she want.

Any modder can change whatever they want, forgedev or not.

But unless its a very specific mod that plans to redo the whole minecraft (Like terracraft), then most modders should and would stay away from trying to touch the vainilla stuffs because thats mojang stuff. Its like mojang where another modder, and you don't see many modders modding the mods of other modders (Yo dawg) do you?

• And you don't see many modders modding the mods of other modders (Yo dawg) do you?

Uhhm, i have actually a discoussion with someone, who tries to modify a small Part of IC². Your Argument is invalid.

He has only Problems at decompiling and recompiling IC², but he has only to modify one or two Classes, which are not part of the E-net, so it could be hack-compiled.

Any modder can change whatever they want, forgedev or not.

But modifying Forge, is like modifying the Mojangcode Globally, so that it is usable on every other (Forge-) Mod.

And before i forget: I only said that its possible, even if i think, that modifying Pistons for that is not needed?

• Keyword: Many. A word that encompasses about the 51% to the 99% of a sample. My argument is still valid since it doesn't deal with absolutes, only the sith deals with absolutes.

And forge is a tool to help modders to easily mod minecraft they way they see fit, not a mod in itself.

And i still don't see why you brought up eloraam when my coment was kinda in general sense.

• Keyword: Many. A word that encompasses about the 51% to the 99% of a sample. My argument is still valid since it doesn't deal with absolutes, only the sith deals with absolutes.

Oh no, you found my secret!

And forge is a tool to help modders to easily mod minecraft they way they see fit, not a mod in itself.

The improvement of the Furnacecode, 4096-ID-Fix, a HD-Patch and soonish even Optifine will be included in Forge, so a Codeimprovement of the Piston could also be there.

And i still don't see why you brought up eloraam when my coment was kinda in general sense.

Because she made the Frames?

• actually i wanted to start a new thread but then oh my god i used the search button 8| well now that i read it through, seems like pistons can't move cables witch is kinda bad for the idea i had ^^. So does forge take suggestions? I mean the idea of improving the piston code so it can push and pull cables witch then connect of course sounds really awesome. I'd like to build a home defense system pretty much like a electric mosquito killer, by wrapping my outer house wall in a HV cable and plug that in two MFSU's so its an endless circle of HV going through the un insultated cables deep frying everything what dares to aproach my house ^^ the concept worked i tested it but i'd like to hide the deathcable and add a sensor to it so it only comes out when needed ^^

• Aren't they going to release a 1.4.3 minecraft release soon? If they do its likely RP may skip to it. (Well apparently its either a 1.4.4 or 1.4.5 release instead Lol)

Mojang should've just made that a Snapshot for 1.5

• WOW, why is it that no one thinks outside the box anymore. modify the cables so that they can be pushed by pistons. end of story.

• Nope, they can't as they HAVE to be tileentities.

*Thinks a bit about that*

What does a Cable Store? E-net-Data? No. Energy Conducted? No. Connected sides? oh, yes they can be colored. => Yes, it has to be TileEntities just for making it possible to Color and CFing them. In theory, if there would be only 16 diffrent Cables without Color/CF-Support they could be regular stupid Blocks, if they wouldnt need the Interface for Energyconductor.