Support request - changing the ores (tin and copper) into one?

• HI everyone!

I have been playing IC2, Forestry and now Redpower 2 and I have noticed that each mod gives the world one new sort of tin and copper, they all behave the same but they dont stack. My question to you guys are, is it possible to make that there only is ONE of tin and ONE of copper without reducing the amount of tin and copper that spawns in the game?

Thank you guys for your help!

Towni0, fellow minecrafter!

• Official Post

without reducing the amount of tin and copper that spawns in the game?

Well, nope there is no way. You have to disable RP- and Forestry- Oregeneration, otherwise its not possible. As far as i know IC² generates the largest amount of both Ores and it also has a UUM-Recipe, which i for myself dont want to mess up (i know that it produces the Dusts instead if IC²-Ore is disabled), so keep the IC²-Ores in that case.

And IC²-Ores are the only Ores, which are compatible with the most Oredistribution-Mods, due to not using Metadata.

• So after your opinion it's best to deactivate the RP2 tin and copper generation?
    Will it still be enough?

• So after your opinion it's best to deactivate the RP2 tin and copper generation?
    Will it still be enough?

personally I usually disable IC2 copper and tin, mostly because RP2 is all one Block ID and disabling IC2's frees up one or two blocks. I forget if they're considated or not, I haven't had them enabled in a long time.

either way: yes, it's safe to disable one or the other copper and tin. Plus if Forestry's installed you'll definitely want that disabled as well.

• Does it do any difference if you free two block ID's?

As of now, with Forge including support for 4096 block IDs... not really. However, if you don't like having the multiple stacks of ore, macerate them all into dusts. The resulting dusts (and smelted ingots) will stack just fine.

• Does it do any difference if you free two block ID's?

Old habits from before the 4k blocks thing. Plus there's still some mods (or parts of mods) that don't like being stuffed above 255. Plus I really don't wan't to be swimming in copper blocks. It's bad enough with just the one from redpower enabled. It gets much worse with multiple copper and tin enabled.

I would disable the RedPower2 ones, because IC2 generate more.

Really doesn't matter much once you get your first quarry running.

• Old habits from before the 4k blocks thing. Plus there's still some mods (or parts of mods) that don't like being stuffed above 255. Plus I really don't wan't to be swimming in copper blocks. It's bad enough with just the one from redpower enabled. It gets much worse with multiple copper and tin enabled.

Really doesn't matter much once you get your first quarry running.

Well, I don't like quarries. I removed BuildCraft from my new server. I think their overpowered, and my servermembers used them to much. The server wasn't looking good anymore, and the IC2-miner did a better job. Also, BuildCraft causes a lot of lag, and has that pesky duplication-bug which people were obviously using.

• Well, I don't like quarries. I removed BuildCraft from my new server. I think their overpowered, and my servermembers used them to much. The server wasn't looking good anymore, and the IC2-miner did a better job. Also, BuildCraft causes a lot of lag, and has that pesky duplication-bug which people were obviously using.

If Redpower is installed one can still build a quarry with that. It's a bit more complicated to build but a ton faster :)

• Yep, but I thought you ment the BC quarry-block.
    But I disabled them for now (by telling people not to use it).
    Why? They overuse it and create massive lag because they make so many in long pipes, and if I am the last person on the server, and the machines are still running while I'm not in those chunks, everything will clog up and crash.

• If you macerate the ores from forestry and redpower, such as tin or copper, they will go into the same stack as IC2 copper. At least for me it does.

• Official Post

If you macerate the ores from forestry and redpower, such as tin or copper, they will go into the same stack as IC2 copper. At least for me it does.

Yes of course as the Dusts are all from IC² (even Silverdust).

It will only become problematic, when Eloraam adds her own Maceratorthingy to Redpower, which means, that she also adds her own Dusts. But that's very far in the Future, and her Macerator will not be so extremly Efficient, as the IC²-Macerator.

• Is there a tutorial for how to disable the generation of specific ores in these various mods? Is it in a config file somewhere? I hope this is not too annoying but I'd like a newbie friendly explanation for it, since I only want IC2 copper and tin when all the various 1.3 updates are done, and I know I'll be using IC2, RP2, forestry, and Railcraft.

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?

• Is there a tutorial for how to disable the generation of specific ores in these various mods? Is it in a config file somewhere? I hope this is not too annoying but I'd like a newbie friendly explanation for it, since I only want IC2 copper and tin when all the various 1.3 updates are done, and I know I'll be using IC2, RP2, forestry, and Railcraft.

Backup before if you already have a world in case you mess a config up!
    .minecraft/config/forestry/
    ->open the base.cfg
    Set the world.generate.copper=true and world.generate.tin=true at the bottom of the general section to world.generate.copper=false and world.generate.tin=false

.minecraft/redpower/
    ->open the redpower.cfg(preferably with wordpad, notepad may mess it up)
    Set the copper=1 and tin=1 in the generate subcategory to copper=0 and tin=0
    Done. RP and Forestry no longer generate tin and copper.
    Done.

• Awesome, thank you so much! I'll be ready for my next world once all these mods update! :thumbup:

Obsession with Automation is a good thing, right?

• proper use of oredictorany actually allow to merge all ores into single block-item but all mods shoud support it and first to load mod will define ID and texture.

Where do you put this? I'm terrible at stuff like this and i know almost nothing. MinecraftCreeper hugs!

• Where do you put this? I'm terrible at stuff like this and i know almost nothing. MinecraftCreeper hugs!

What do you mean? What Rawcode said is something that mods should do, not something that you can do on your own

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l