[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Can you fix the Colors for the quantum suit helmet and chestplate, Iridium Ingots(Blue) and color all the super expensive stuff that requires Iridium blue?
    And can you add a lang file so I can fix your grammar(thewordswithoutspaces)?

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

Can you fix the Colors for the quantum suit helmet and chestplate, Iridium Ingots(Blue) and color all the super expensive stuff that requires Iridium blue?

Can you make a Texturepack?

And can you add a lang file so I can fix your grammar(thewordswithoutspaces)?

whichwordswithoutspaces?

• Quote from GregoriusT

Can you make a Texturepack?

I meant the Name Colors (tooltips) :P and yes, I could make a TP, although not very good quality

Quote from GregoriusT

whichwordswithoutspaces?

Which? Such a hard-to-answer question ^^

BTW, I'm a grammarfag(no pun intended) :P

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Since your addon adds ( ^^ ) Iridium Ingot, I think you should create Iridium Tools and Iridium Armor, wich could be enchanted and wich would have the same level of efficienty as Diamond (maybe a little more damaging, fast, protecting etc ...) but with higher duration value. It has already been Suggested for IC²-Vanilla but has been forgotten.
    It could be useful for: Enchanting Pickaxe (Fortune/Silktouch, even if Silktouch is a bit useless with Rockcutter, and with efficienty IV it could be faster than DD), Enchanting Sword (Knockback for example could be a good point fr it, because Nano-Saber just damages more) and Enchanted-or-not Armor for being protected from potential-new-weapons-from-IndustriumConflict-having-huge-bonus-against-armor and more actual Teslastaff for example ...

Edit: I'm posting one suggestion a day, this can be annoying ^^ but I hope one out of 3 will be implemented, because of the fact I'll play your addon when I'll be able to ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Since your addon adds ( ^^ ) Iridium Ingot, I think you should create Iridium Tools and Iridium Armor, wich could be enchanted and wich would have the same level of efficienty as Diamond (maybe a little more damaging, fast, protecting etc ...) but with higher duration value. It has already been Suggested for IC²-Vanilla but has been forgotten.
    It could be useful for: Enchanting Pickaxe (Fortune/Silktouch, even if Silktouch is a bit useless with Rockcutter, and with efficienty IV it could be faster than DD), Enchanting Sword (Knockback for example could be a good point fr it, because Nano-Saber just damages more) and Enchanted-or-not Armor for being protected from potential-new-weapons-from-IndustriumConflict-having-huge-bonus-against-armor and more actual Teslastaff for example ...

Edit: I'm posting one suggestion a day, this can be annoying ^^ but I hope one out of 3 will be implemented, because of the fact I'll play your addon when I'll be able to ^^

I have suggested earlier Iridium tools , which are slightly slower than diamond drill, but are indestructible.
    Maybe Iridium + Osmium (New material to IC², densest material known by man) + Fusion reactor = "Gregorium" [As it would be "discovered" by GregoriusT]
    It could be used for indestructible tools and\or the "advanced QuantumSuit".

• have suggested earlier Iridium tools , which are slightly slower than diamond drill, but are indestructible.

Well, but I didn't mean "undestructible" ... and I think it shouldn't be.
    What you suggest about Iridium + Osmium ... why not. But Iridium alone ? I think it has not to be.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I meant the Name Colors (tooltips) :P and yes, I could make a TP, although not very good quality

Oh i forgot that. Thanks for reminding me.

(You still haven't fixed the Energystorag[insert "e" here]unit in the tooltip of the IDSU)

Forgot that i have two Namelists. (and the second one had the Fail too)

BTW, I'm a grammarfag(no pun intended) :P

Well, all the other Items/Blocks are supposed to be spelled like that. It's a whole new Language. :P

MatLaPatate:
    Iridium noted. But now i have to add a new Ore, which was named after a Frenchman, who discovered it.

V1.26a (needed to add this Ore, before Redpower updates)
    Bauxite Ore
    This Ore is commonly found in Plains and Forests. It contains Aluminium! Al(OH)3 (and later also tiny amounts of Titanium), to be precicly. To produce Aluminium out of it, you first need to macerate it, then centrifuge it for a long time, and finally smelt your Aluminiumdust to Ingots. Currently its only used for Windmills as replacement for Carbonplates, but note that all my Storageblocks are preventing Mobs from spawning ontop of them, and Aluminiumblocks look pretty cool.

• How about indestructable as Bedrock, but that you only can remove it with a special technique? Maybe the saw that GregT has implemented?

You're out of te topic, we were speaking about Tools ^^
    And it would be OP, noting has to be undestructible (for PvP). Try to use Reinforced Iridium Blocks

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Please stop debating about irridium tool as a pickaxe. For the love of God. Super expensive material, used to craft end-tech equipment, and it shoul be used to craft a hoe? It sounds riddiculus.... Make tools, but expensive, using EU as fuel, and not enchantable (this is IC2, a techmod, why enchantments, why do magic stuff?). Would like to see a drill with speed od diamont, and would actually drill a 3x3 area. Something like that would be nice. Microwave drill could be named. Could have two modes. 1x1 mining, and 3x3 mining. Switchable. Diamond Drill would be used in crafting recipe, with irridium, and some lapotron(as a energy buffor), advanced circuits(complex tool). One use in 1x1 would cost 300 EU, one use in 3x3 would cost something like 1000 EU. That would be a tool that I would like to see in IC2.

I would like to see higher tier tools that are technic tools, not another pickaxe...

I would like also see a low tier something for legs. Cause for now there is nothing really. Maybe some "walking pants" that will make jumps little higher, and some more speed (but not drastic change). Or could serve as additional energy storage. Or could serve other purpouse.

• For a drill to mine a 3x3 area, it should be iridium tipped. Basically a diamond drill with an advanced electronic circuit for more stable power regulation, and iridium to deal with the extra resistance from mining 9 times the area. It should use 100 eu per block mined, so 900 for the 3x3 mode. In the 3x3 mode however, there would only be a 50% chance of getting the blocks being mined. The iridium is very strong and could easily decimate any raw ores and stone after all. There however should be a final tier of drill however. It would be the iridium drill and regular generator crafted together with advanced alloys to form a strong molecular bond. It would have the 2 modes, and features of the previous drill. However there would be 2 new modes. Basically the 1x1 and 3x3 functions, but with the options of burning any fuel it finds in your inventory for more EU. For example, you find a dozen or so coal = 5 more minutes of mining. This function would not be able to recharge any external energy stores such as lappack or lapotron crystal.

• You state that the outside of the ComputerCube changes when a graphical update occurs, I am guessing by that you mean when the chunk is re-rendered to its cache. Considering that I notice that the Centrifuge causes it to update in synch, which seems like the centrifuge animation is actually block updates (which are rather exceedingly costly), compared to a TextureFX (also costly, but one time per frame, not per block), or a TESR (much less costly than the others each, but can scale badly when you get above a few hundred per visual 16x16x16 chunk, make sure to use a display list). Is this the case, or does the ComputerCube update its texture during other situations beyond chunk cache updates? If that is the case then using a TextureFX or TESR would be far less costly and would not cause that renderable to invalidate.

EDIT: A few question as well

I know you are looking for a use for the Helium cell, but burning it is certainly not a right one as it does not make for a good fuel like that as Helium does not burn well by itself.
    Modern things that Helium is use for it for evacuating the cavities of rocket engines since it is non-combustable; it is also used for superconductive purposes as it can be quite useful at keeping things very cold (a recipe part for your superconductive cables perhaps?); Helium is used as a very effective heat transfer medium since it is not effected by intense magnetic fields as other things are; Helium-Neon lasers have very common uses (standard laser pointer, not powerful, but easy); it is used as a high-speed push-gas medium for missles and such things; it makes a *VERY* good cooling medium for nuclear reactors due to its ability to absorb and disperse heat and since it is incapable of becoming irradiated (another use!); cryogenics; windtunnels; leak detection agent; and of course a lighter-than-air-lifting-agent.
    A Sci-Fi story that I do not remember had a human faction using helium with extra electrons in an enclosure in their hand and tank weaponary, the enclosure was kept in a positive magnetic field and when the whole thing launched and hit a target the enclosure broke releasing a large zap of energy as it interacted with the positive field. It makes no real scientific sense, but there are plenty of such ideas as well.

Please no iridium drill, the current drill is *WAY* too OP for its cost as it is; like really, 5 iron and a circuit and a battery gets you an infinite tool, that is crazy OP, but then again so are many things in IC2 (hence why I hold out hope for this mod rebalancing it).

Quantum suit should also be far far higher tier, perhaps Tier 4 or 5 (Graviton or whatever it was suit being even higher). It takes a lot of iridium yes but that is really its sole prevention point, and by the time you get the tech to make one, you can just start pumping them out shortly thereafter. Those things should be an achievement, like requiring a fusion reaction to make necessary part, like for its internal power cell or so, that would be another good use of the fusion reactor.

As Kane_Hart hinted at, UUM is rather *WAY* unbalancing for server play (which I do), it needs to be reigned in, very badly, perhaps replace the mass fab with somethiing that require a specific set of raw ingrediants to create the UUM, perhaps that could be another use of Helium, as well as hydrogen, silicon, and a dozen other things. If you make it more expensive to make UUM then what the recipes can create, then it becomes balanced and will not be used for 'har har I can make anything for free now' kind of thing.

The Fusion reactor itself, I see so many possibilities with it! Quite a few reactions you can do to create new types of raw matter. I do not want to see it creating things like iron as it would just become a bigger mass fab then, but so many possibilities with it.

Everyone on my server also finds the macerators ore doubling (and especially the blaze rod->5powder) recipes disturbing. They have voted it off the second there is a way to make the required recipe parts from it (like coal dust and such). We actually like the Factorization mods method of ore yield increase, grind an ore to dirty gravel of that type, clean in mixer to make a clean gravel of that ore type, slag in a slag furnace to make a reduced gravel of that ore type (with possible leftovers), then crystalize in a crystalizer, then cook in furnace. Each of those steps take a very long time, few minutes for grinder, a minute for mixer, about 20 seconds for the slag furnace, and about 20 minutes for a crystalizer, each step has a percentage chance to double its output based on the step, but you can cook the results at any time to get the output, at reduced yield, but after all that work (and a lot of work it is, each machine has a bit of unique 'upkeep') the average final ore yield is about 300%, which although higher than the macerator, is also *vastly* higher on the tech tree while taking a good deal of time, so it is costly to expand it as well. Not taking that exact system, but rather the style of having a long ore processing process across multiple machines and so forth is something that my server goers do like, it makes them feel accomplished by reaching it, rather than getting a macerator inside of ten minutes (which they do, the people on my server work together).

Overall we are liking this mod on my server, it seems to be starting to bring balance to an otherwise unbalanced mod. We ran without IC2 for a while there due to how extremely unbalanced it is, but we are testing again. Within just a few days we have UUM pouring out of everything, so much energy and nothing to use it on but just 'more' mass fabs, and as such. Some more energy sinks would be nice too, something to use our energy on, whether railguns and multi-block big beam projectors or defensive systems or force fields (MFFS is becoming less based on energy and more based on forcicium irritatingly) or whatever, we need more end-game energy sinks, and a removal of UUM as it is, that needs a big overall from just becoming the magic resource generator that it always ends up currently being.

• irridium drill smelting ores right away? consuming coal as fuel? I think that I seen something like that... Well yes. In two mods. Pickaxe of Core in TC, and something in EE2 (burning fuel for EMC). No that woul be overpowered. Electric tools have the limit on how many energy is for them on player. And that have to stay that way, cause when we will bring limit to endless sky, or provide a way to overcome that limit, we will have a tech version of unbalanced and OP EE2. (the matter to energy and energy to matter is present in IC2, as it was in EE2, and that is why I vote to disable many of UUM recipes). And also I voto so irridium drill will not destroy blocks. It's a drill, not a laser. For laser there is a reason to destroy blocks (it have a range, quite big...), and drill is one block range. No block destruction. I rather would like to see that it will consume more UE per operation. Still like idea that it will consume more enregy. 1x1 could have be like 150 EU per operation, or something like 200 EU, since it is hell lot that diamont drill. And in 3x3 mode it would consume like 1500 EU, (so it's more than per block, cause it's quicker). Also rechargable in MSFU+.

DDrill is not so OP. It's nice. And irridium drill would hava to be hard to mantain, or cost woul actually be so high, that it would come into game when You have serveral ways of mining (turtles, BC quarry, RP blockbrakers on frames, and so...). Another thing is that DDrill in compare to Mining turtle... DDrill seems like a very weak tool. Turtles are quick, are programable, and player not have to held them to mine. Irridium drill would be nice only when building, or destroying hard materials. 3x3 mining also, mainly would be used in terraforming land for some build (cause of cost, that is why I want to be so expensive, so mining with it would be way too expensive). And so, and so. Another thing is that IC2 needs more energy sinks. Main energy sink is mass fabr. And product of mass fabr is UUM, and from that You can get valuable blocks in quantity that You need (in short idea: "throw crappy blocks, get valuable blocks", think we seen that in other mod...). I would also see other energy sinks. Well hell of them. Like energy minecarts (EU powered minecarts). Since I make lot's of railcraft contraptions I use engine carts (cause producing large amount of charcoal isn't a problem... Well You can produce that in coke oven, and since You have to produce creosote oil...), and To be honest I would rather make more expensive energy carts that run for EU, that engine carts. Why Cause I rather do EU transportion system than make wreid contraptions to refuel that frikking cart. Have to say that I used for that reason in 1.2.5 hyrid, or solar carts from steavs carts. Ofc, some of rail line are powered by boosters, but some (longer of them) are just by linking carts

• Official Post

Well, but I didn't mean "undestructible" ... and I think it shouldn't be.
    What you suggest about Iridium + Osmium ... why not. But Iridium alone ? I think it has not to be.

"Indestructible" tools would be made with "Gregorium", same for Tier V+ stuff.
    Iridium tools were suggested to be implemented into IC² core. Since this addon is Tier IV+ stuff only iridium is not enough for an indestructible tool.

How about making Fusion reactor something that can be used for mass fabrication ?
    Which all elements from periodic table could be fused together. [Starting on Hydrogen, which is the smallest element]

Iridium tools were suggested to be implemented into IC² core

Judging by their lack of an appearance on the to-do list I think Alblaka was not completely serious despite the

Actually, YOU need a better one. Because that statement was meant to be honest.
    Iridium tools with infinite usage, iron speed, enchantable.

remark.

Also, I would download this a million times more if Gregorium actually becomes a thing :thumbup: .

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

You state that the outside of the ComputerCube changes when a graphical update occurs, I am guessing by that you mean when the chunk is re-rendered to its cache. Considering that I notice that the Centrifuge causes it to update in synch, which seems like the centrifuge animation is actually block updates (which are rather exceedingly costly), compared to a TextureFX (also costly, but one time per frame, not per block), or a TESR (much less costly than the others each, but can scale badly when you get above a few hundred per visual 16x16x16 chunk, make sure to use a display list). Is this the case, or does the ComputerCube update its texture during other situations beyond chunk cache updates? If that is the case then using a TextureFX or TESR would be far less costly and would not cause that renderable to invalidate.

The Computercube has just a Randomizer (for the Index) inside the getTexture-Function. The Centrifuge causes a general Textureupdate of the 16x16x16-Area its in, by marking it as needsUpdate, so multiple of my animated Machines in the same Sub-Chunk are not causing so much Lag. I will take a look into TextureFX to see what i can do.

I know you are looking for a use for the Helium cell, but burning it is certainly not a right one as it does not make for a good fuel like that as Helium does not burn well by itself.

Ahh, you are right. I forgot that. I will remove it from the Fuellist (not that you cant use it as Fusionfuel, when you centrifuge it)

it is also used for superconductive purposes as it can be quite useful at keeping things very cold (a recipe part for your superconductive cables perhaps?);

Look at the Recipe for the Superconductor and you see its already used as Coolant for that.

Helium is used as a very effective heat transfer medium since it is not effected by intense magnetic fields as other things are; Helium-Neon lasers have very common uses (standard laser pointer, not powerful, but easy)

The cheaper Mininglaser-Recipe is already using Helium.

it makes a *VERY* good cooling medium for nuclear reactors due to its ability to absorb and disperse heat and since it is incapable of becoming irradiated (another use!)

Reactorcoolantcells can already be crafted out of Helium.

Please no iridium drill, the current drill is *WAY* too OP for its cost as it is; like really, 5 iron and a circuit and a battery gets you an infinite tool, that is crazy OP, but then again so are many things in IC2 (hence why I hold out hope for this mod rebalancing it).

Dont worry Iridiumdrills are not on my List. Especially those SUPA-OP-ones which were suggested here.

Quantum suit should also be far far higher tier, perhaps Tier 4 or 5 (Graviton or whatever it was suit being even higher). It takes a lot of iridium yes but that is really its sole prevention point, and by the time you get the tech to make one, you can just start pumping them out shortly thereafter. Those things should be an achievement, like requiring a fusion reaction to make necessary part, like for its internal power cell or so, that would be another good use of the fusion reactor.

The Quantumsuit will get Tier IV, and it will lose a few special abilities. The Nanitesuit will be Tier-VI and is then basically like a Gravisuit (but spread over all 4 Parts and not one SUPA-DUPA-Chestplate). That will then require a Fusionreactor to get the Neutronium.

As Kane_Hart hinted at, UUM is rather *WAY* unbalancing for server play (which I do), it needs to be reigned in, very badly, perhaps replace the mass fab with somethiing that require a specific set of raw ingrediants to create the UUM, perhaps that could be another use of Helium, as well as hydrogen, silicon, and a dozen other things. If you make it more expensive to make UUM then what the recipes can create, then it becomes balanced and will not be used for 'har har I can make anything for free now' kind of thing.

UUM_Recipes can ALL be disabled individually with my Addon. And i will include a Config to make Massfabrication more (or less) expensive, and Amplifiers less (or more) efficient. Oh, and the Massfabricator-Recipe more expensive ofcourse.

The Fusion reactor itself, I see so many possibilities with it! Quite a few reactions you can do to create new types of raw matter. I do not want to see it creating things like iron as it would just become a bigger mass fab then, but so many possibilities with it.

Yes, thats why i have added an API for those Recipes. And yes, i plan to add a few more Reactions.

Everyone on my server also finds the macerators ore doubling (and especially the blaze rod->5powder) recipes disturbing. They have voted it off the second there is a way to make the required recipe parts from it (like coal dust and such). We actually like the Factorization mods method of ore yield increase, grind an ore to dirty gravel of that type, clean in mixer to make a clean gravel of that ore type, slag in a slag furnace to make a reduced gravel of that ore type (with possible leftovers), then crystalize in a crystalizer, then cook in furnace. Each of those steps take a very long time, few minutes for grinder, a minute for mixer, about 20 seconds for the slag furnace, and about 20 minutes for a crystalizer, each step has a percentage chance to double its output based on the step, but you can cook the results at any time to get the output, at reduced yield, but after all that work (and a lot of work it is, each machine has a bit of unique 'upkeep') the average final ore yield is about 300%, which although higher than the macerator, is also *vastly* higher on the tech tree while taking a good deal of time, so it is costly to expand it as well. Not taking that exact system, but rather the style of having a long ore processing process across multiple machines and so forth is something that my server goers do like, it makes them feel accomplished by reaching it, rather than getting a macerator inside of ten minutes (which they do, the people on my server work together).

For the Macerator i have a solution: I can make it cost Diamonds instead of Flints, just to give that thing the "quality" it needs for doubling Oreoutput. Maybe i could add a Grindingtool to make one Dust out of an Ore, just to make Bronzedust and such available. (For Tier-0)

Overall we are liking this mod on my server, it seems to be starting to bring balance to an otherwise unbalanced mod.

Thats the goal of this Mod. Guess how bored i got from 1.2.5-Endgame.

Within just a few days we have UUM pouring out of everything, so much energy and nothing to use it on but just 'more' mass fabs, and as such. Some more energy sinks would be nice too, something to use our energy on, whether railguns and multi-block big beam projectors or defensive systems or force fields (MFFS is becoming less based on energy and more based on forcicium irritatingly) or whatever, we need more end-game energy sinks, and a removal of UUM as it is, that needs a big overall from just becoming the magic resource generator that it always ends up currently being.

Supermultiblockdestructionbeam is already planned. Forcefields are definetly a thing of Thunderdark and Immibis, also there is (i think at least) a Config to turn Forcidium (what frikkin Element is that? I cant find it in my Table of Elements) OFF and Energyconsumption ON.

Stargates, Wormholedrive (that will become very laggy for large moved structures) and other Dimensions Planets are all planned.

CrafterOfMines57: Please don't overload IC².net with the 1 million Downloads, if i implement that. There is no adf.ly or similar on that Link.

• Forcidium (what frikkin Element is that? I cant find it in my Table of Elements)

And did you use a special Minecraft Periodic Table or did you try to use a plain Earth one?

Seriously, I can understand the need to make anything as close to reality as possible, but it's just a game. MinecraftChicken All the time Steve carries METRIC CRAPTONS of stone, cobble, sand and whatever else in his friggin' pockets and no one throws a fit over that. 8) Why be so picky over the name of some ore?

Side note: crap, there still isn't RedPower for MC 1.3.2. It's effectively delaying the moment I finally get to use your amazing mod. :thumbup: