[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Please excuse me if I say anything wrong here, I am very new to GregTech, but When putting 24 Bauxite and 16 empty cells in the IndustrialCentrifuge, the machine seems to freeze up. By this I mean it takes the resources as expected the "progress" arrow go instantly white as if the operation was complete but nothing happens except for power drainage. Am I missing something? Thanks.

• Hi Greg, I d like to suggest something :
    You have tons of new and unfinished cool stuff, but you add things SO fast, its impossible to keep up. So I ask you to make a config option to disable\change this unfinished content. Something like "Endereye dust [WIP]"
    I think you understand why something like this could be asked :D
    I dont remember if I asked you before - but Be and W could be used to make Heat-capacity plating
    Plumbum element can be of use, eg - high eff cable recepies and reactor chamber recepies
    BTW I think that chambers should require 4 60k cooling cells, copperplates + machineblock is just..wrong ;/

I think its time to separate chemistry and CENTRIFUGE ~_~ we have 4096 ids, dont be a blockid pitcher >.> I think that you can make a chemistry-dedicated machine now..

• Just short question: Is there a particular reason this mod isn't compatible with ID Resolver? Forge does not auto assign Block and Item IDs, and with now 42 Mods installed it would be just silly to manually change all the Item IDs...

The person who finds any spelling errors can keep them by himself. Sorry for the bad knowledge at all, look at my age and my country. Sorry for any inconvinience.

Greets!

• Just short question: Is there a particular reason this mod isn't compatible with ID Resolver? Forge does not auto assign Block and Item IDs, and with now 42 Mods installed it would be just silly to manually change all the Item IDs...

Actually Forge does auto-assign block & item ID's (I know the blocks for sure, not so much about items), IDR seems to screw that up.

If memory serves, Greg wrote his own ID resolver similar to how Eloraam wrote her own for Redpower2.

• Official Post

Its on the faithful 32x32 site.

Suggestion: Put a diamond in a furnace (or induction furnace), then get a heated diamond. Put it in the centrifuge to get Carbon dioxide cell (or if you ever add liquid oxygen, craft it with liquid oxygen) Craft that with a water cell to make carbonated water cell, craft that with a mug, wheat, and hops to make regular beer.Legit diamond beer 8)

Why using diamond to get dioxide carbon? It is in atmospheric air. Empty (air) cell + extractor -> CO2 cell

I use 72 Mods and its really not hard to do a little id ping pong :)

• Why using diamond to get dioxide carbon? It is in atmospheric air. Empty (air) cell + extractor -> CO2 cell

Well, in that way, you would have pure carbon dioxide, when you take from the atmosphere, you get a few more elements. Besides, I want to drink beer carbonated with diamond (Who wouldn't?) a waste of diamonds? Yes. Worth it? maybe. Perhaps, it could be an alternate way to get carbon dioxide.

Edit: Perhaps you could get a carbon dioxide cell when you craft an empty cell at a certain height.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

Edited once, last by CrafterofMany ().

• After looking through the forge modloader log, I have discovered that Greg-tech is refusing to load on my server because it thinks im using tekkit. I don't mind mod authors doing this but when it disables the add-on for people who are not using tekkit, then I find this completely absurd.

It works for the client side with the same mods but it won't load on a server. Is there anyway to bypass the check? Its not right that you punish people who don't use tekkit.

wow, I just figured out why its disabling itself. Somehow My server's IP is logged somewhere and the add-on is using it to to determine if Tekkit is installed. I admit I used to use Tekkit but I do not use it anymore. Never liked it myself, only wanted it for the easy of having players installing the mods.
    I was able to prove this by changing the IP on our VPS to use our secondary IP that we only used to administrate the VPS and the mod no longer disabled itself during startup.

Edit: Decided not to cuss him out but instead. Warn people

IF YOU EVER HAD TEKKIT ON YOUR SERVER AND ARE NO LONGER USING, THIS ADD-ON WILL STILL NOT WORK CUZ IT HAS YOUR IP LOGGED

• Official Post

Please excuse me if I say anything wrong here, I am very new to GregTech, but When putting 24 Bauxite and 16 empty cells in the IndustrialCentrifuge, the machine seems to freeze up. By this I mean it takes the resources as expected the "progress" arrow go instantly white as if the operation was complete but nothing happens except for power drainage. Am I missing something? Thanks.

SMP being SMP.

Whats so unfinished on Endereye Dust? You can centrifuge it back to Enderpearl Dust and Blazepowder. Industrial Electrolyzer (which will receive a few of the Recipes from the Centrifuge) is planned. Also I have up to 30000 ID's for Machines in one single Block-ID, and i used 25 of them, if I'm right.

I add Ores and Dusts from other Mods as well, thats why we have Brass (made of Zinc! Take that Eloraam!), Lead and even Olivine Gems. I would've even added Nikolite, but then i found out that its not even existing IRL. (i.e. Googled it and found only Redpower releated Stuff)

And for the WIP-Thing: I considered doing that for some Recipes, as most Centrifugerecipes are either incomplete or not well thought out.

If memory serves, Greg wrote his own ID resolver similar to how Eloraam wrote her own for Redpower2.

What did I? You claim i did make an own ID-Resolver if Forge already has one, which i can freely use? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

It wasnt the IP, it was the Folder where your Server was inside. If there is a folder with "technic" or "tekkit" in the Name then it refuses to load.

• well... Cheers to not cussing him out, anyone for a diamond beer?

• Its not really diamond beer, it just uses carbon dioxide cells from heated diamonds, crafted with water to make carbonated water, and then crafted with a mug hops and wheat to make, wait for it...

beer

• Language habits are really hard to shake off.

Not really a habit, more like Greg's writing style. Things like ComputerCube and Matterfabricator are meant to be spelled that way, simply because it is in Greg's style.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Your addon is now a keystone mod in Feed The Beast, a wonderful new modpack. What's great is that for SMP servers, your addon helps smooth out the most overpowered IC2 items in the game. (the OP solars, the massfab, the wind generator, etc)

Anyways, I noticed that FTB has the "portal gun" mod. The portal gun is an insanely high tech item capable of creating interdimensional rifts on a right click. Perhaps you could add a more appropriate recipe for it, overwriting the current one?

• Anyways, I noticed that FTB has the "portal gun" mod. The portal gun is an insanely high tech item capable of creating interdimensional rifts on a right click. Perhaps you could add a more appropriate recipe for it, overwriting the current one?

Some people on the FTB forums are already throwing a fit because he changes IC2 items, I don't think it's a good idea to mess around with yet another mod's work, especially so soon after getting accepted into the pack.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Some people on the FTB forums are already throwing a fit because he changes IC2 items, I don't think it's a good idea to mess around with yet another mod's work, especially so soon after getting accepted into the pack.

The people who are creating the modpack are the only opinions who matter. They want this mod in the pack BECAUSE OF these recipe improvements. I'm sure they would be fine with a portal gun improvement.