[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

The recipe for Plutonium Cells (1 Uranium Cell + 1 UU Matter) doesn't seem to be craft-able in SMP both config files of client and server match exactly. In singleplayer the recipe works perfectly.

In SMP upon placing both materials in the crafting grid the plutonium cell shows up. But trying to grab the plutonium cell to complete the craft results in the crafting grid items disappearing and reappearing within a second and you ending up without the plutonium cell.

Are really ALL the Configs identical? (Massfabricationrate and Massfabdisabling especially)

These are manipulating the costs of UUM for Plutonium.

• Havu you ever thought of addin uses for let's say pork/cow meat/rotten flesh/fish? Perhaps a bio material that can be burned in a special generator?
    Or a way to centrifuge it to decompose it to useful cells?

Another suggestion would be to add weaponry that use real ammo! ( give gunpowder and sulphur a use)
    A pistol, a shotgun, an assault rifle? With possible upgrades (scopes/damage/rate of fire etc.). Difficult recipes ofc requiring special machines to make the guns and ammo but a possiblity to defend yourself.

Also a mounted version for base defense! Requiring EU and ammo to fire. And possible a version of that thing mounted on a minecrat? Linked with railcraft MFE/MFSU cart as a power source and a mobile defense?

Perhaps also a eu-powered high-tech crossbow to use all of our arrows! I mean come on, wearing quantum suit, making factories and shooting with a BOW? O.o

What do u think mate? Can u give mob drops some uses please? So spawners/soul shard mod/mob traps etc are not so forgotten and meaningless.

• A sand and smooth stone compact factory. Choose Up or Down on the sorter to choose product.

Sorter is kinda special because if you choose "Up" it put stuff up, ANDin the upper slot, when you choose down, it put stuff down AND in the bottom slot. You can't choose the slot.

1* Electric Rock Breaker - 1* Advanced Translocator - 1* Electric Translocator - 1* Small Electric Buffer - 1* Advanced Buffer - 1* Electric Sorter - 1* Macerator - 1* Electric Furnace

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

Edited 3 times, last by Lung Zatar ().

• (Double post because nothing about previous post)

I'am stuck with my diamonds block, i was putting diamond in block to save space. Now i can macerate my diamond block , but only get "dust" wich is useless for what i need. How to convert back diamond dust to diamond ? or how to convert directly my block in diamonds ?

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Would it be a pain to add a regular block breaker to GT?I seen the Rockbreaker but you have it just for cobble/obsid gen. Their have been a couple mods in the past to add a block breaker including RP, was hoping you might add one that's 1.4.

• Tec Crossbow = Awesome
    Base Defence = Awesome
    Guns = Ok - But you have an Mining Laser with long Range killing shot ^^
    Mobile Defence = mhh i think way too op in pvp but who cares :D

And mounting is working in MC: Swine + Saddle ;)
    So a mounted gun should be possibe :D

• Tec Crossbow = Awesome
    Base Defence = Awesome
    Guns = Ok - But you have an Mining Laser with long Range killing shot ^^
    Mobile Defence = mhh i think way too op in pvp but who cares :D

And mounting is working in MC: Swine + Saddle ;)
    So a mounted gun should be possibe :D

Do u think you could do it? What do u think about the uses of pork/rotten flesh/steaks as fuel or at least as some sort of resource? Because they need a use !
    Also about the guns, well they will be well balanced, expensive and with ammo costs. So in order to go and shoot like crazy u need to have a substantial income of gunpowder,iron and some basic chemicals. Also u need an installation to produce them. I think that will not be OP. Same goes for defense turret and crossbow.

And the laser is nice but it uses ONLY energy,which kind of sucks imo. I want real like ammo.

Perhaps give string/spider eyes some use to? But as a RENEWable resourse they need to be used for sometihng that expires or as a sub for other things.

• Greg, now that you have made matter fabrication insanely expensive, can you still make enough tin by matter fabrication to keep a fusion reactor running?

If not, could you add a mechanism to recover the empty cells? A real fusion reactor would not consume empty fuel canisters in the reactor itself, lol. (for one that, all that tin vapor would cause the fusion reactor to break down almost immediately. Real fusion reactors operate on little puffs of gas)

I just checked : the fusion reactor is useless as currently configured. (sure, someone could modify your configs to make it work, but they would have to make uum much cheaper, which unbalances the entire game and is basically cheating.)

You lose a tin cell with every fusion reaction. Each tin cell is worth 1/2 tin ingot. It requires 3/10 of a UU-matter to get a tin ingot, so it's 3/20 of a UUM to get a tin cell. 3/20 of the 16 million energy that it takes to get 1 uum is 2.4 million EU. A huge loss.

So, to fix either
    1. The fusion reactor needs to give a lot more power per fuel
    2. Those empty tin cells need to be returned.

• Official Post

Nah. Too lazy. Lol. And its 2.06b uhhm i mean a

BrickedKeyboard: Fusionenergy itself needs a large Buff (otherwise nobody would consider it except for the challenge), but the Tincells normally arent ment to be produced via UUM.

@Guns: Even if i would like it a bit, i wont do it now. Maybe later. (probably after IConflict)

• Greg : if the tin cells aren't supposed to be produced by uum, how are they supposed to be produced?

If you think a player should mine for a perpetual supply of tin, then
    a. This is lame, because tin isn't even consumed in the reaction
    b. It makes the fusion reactor uncompetitive with renewable energy sources

Anyways, it sounds pretty simple to me : just add another output slot to the side of the fusion reactor that the products go, and put the empties in that slot. I think this is the best solution, as it makes the most sense. It doesn't sound like a whole lot of coding, mostly cut and pasting.

Second, you should total up the total amount of energy invested to make a fusion reactor, and make it pay for itself within some defined time period of continuous operation. The EU/second output can be defined by this. I'll do the math here in a minute.

Third, another nasty problem with your fusion reactor : it requires absurd amounts of water to be processed. (the base ingredient). This is laggy, especially in SMP. (pumping water in minecraft sends a block update to all clients, and you have to do it a LOT). For this reason, I would multiply the fuel durations for fusion fuel by a factor of 10 or so.

Fusion reactor iridium cost : (0.5+ 1+ 0.25)*27 + 8+1+6+ 1+2 = ~186 iridium plates. That's 747 iridium ore. Rounding to 750 because I may have miscounted, these recipes are complicated. Each iridum ore is 7 uum. Each uum is 16.6 million energy. Thus, with default settings, you need to make 87,150 million energy.

Fusion reactor makes 4096 EU/tick. Net result, a fusion reactor needs 300 hours to pay for the energy that had to be used to make it.

Ok this really is pretty absurd. If a player needs energy, they aren't going to have 87,150 million energy to invest in a way to get more. Also, at the current absurd tin burn rate : over the 300 hours, it'll take 41,556 tin ingots. Or 20,778 pieces of tin ore. That's 6 doublechestfuls of pure tin ore.

• Quoted from "Chez"
    Hm... Does anyone have some textures glithes with I. Electrolyzer?

You mean GUI in SMP? Yes, I know about that.

Does this refer to the invisible items in the gui after player leaves the immediate area of the Industrial Electrolyzer and the texture changing and gui opening flashing something for a split second.

I'm not 100% sure but I also think the machine stopped running after this happened.

Btw. receipe for lag machine: several industrial electrolyzers running but connected to LV grid in the same chunk as several Industrial centrifuges that are also running... (same effect as having the animations on)

• Official Post

BrickedKeyboard: Fusionenergy itself needs a large Buff (otherwise nobody would consider it except for the challenge), but the Tincells normally arent ment to be produced via UUM.

Add a way to remove tin cell cost to use fusion reactor, that would be a very significant buff.
    Maybe :
    I. Centrifuge + pump combo -> produce Liquid Deuterium (internal storage) and Liquid Tritium (Produced only when Deuterium internal storage is full) and allow Electric translocator to transfer liquids.
    Liquid can be transfered using buckets if player wants to automate with RedPower [or even with electric translocators].
    Even BC (later RP) liquid pipes integration.

• Add a way to remove tin cell cost to use fusion reactor, that would be a very significant buff.
    Maybe :
    Machine that produces both D-Cell and T-cell (idk if its centrifuge or electrolyzer anymore) + pump combo -> produce Liquid Deuterium (internal storage) and Liquid Tritium (Produced only when Deuterium internal storage is full) and allow Electric translocator or whatever you use to transfer liquids.
    Liquid can be transfered using buckets if player wants to automate with RedPower.
    Even BC (later RP) liquid pipes integration.

Liquid pipes are glitchy and require buildcraft, or Greg to implement his own. Adding another output slot (the industrial centrifuge has one) for the empty cells is a 5 minute fix and doesn't require other mods.

I just figured out that fusion reactors are completely useless, as is. Even if you spawned in a machine that made free tin cells.

• Official Post

Liquid pipes are glitchy and require buildcraft, or Greg to implement his own. Adding another output slot (the industrial centrifuge has one) for the empty cells is a 5 minute fix and doesn't require other mods.

I just figured out that fusion reactors are completely useless, as is. Even if you spawned in a machine that made free tin cells.

No need to implement pipes, lets say that electric translocator has some internal piping. Then it slowly transfers liquid as long with items. Actually... if we could get Deuterium/Tritium buckets we won't even need RP to automate i think.
    Edited some things, hope greg likes it.

• No need to implement pipes, lets say that electric translocator has some internal piping. Then it slowly transfers liquid as long with items. Actually... if we could get Deuterium/Tritium buckets we won't even need RP to automate i think.

It's a fine idea, but the "cell" mechanic is already here and well established. It's basically just a bug that the reactor doesn't return empties. That, and I think that for a long time, almost no one was playing Greg Tech besides, well, Greg. Now that it is featured in Feed The Beast, there's a huge amount of interest.

• Anyways, since a fusion reactor takes 300 hours to pay for itself at present, after the tin problem is fixed, it ought to be buffed to pay for itself in about 1-2 real life days. (24-48 hours).

That would mean increasing the output by about 6-12 times. Taking the average, that would be an output of 32,000 EU/tick.

Now that's a worthwhile source of power. (and, assuming you use my suggestion to 10x the cell life so that each cell lasts about 2560 ticks instead of 256), a fusion reactor would create much less server lag than vast farms of HV solars or other popular power sources. So, fusion would be clean power as well.

• Just roaming in here saying I got three barrels full of tin ore (6x64x64) from my quarry running for one week on a server (alongside with alot of other goodies). And that was only one!
    UU Matter is worth the investition, since when one has got the reactor, he can easily aquire the rest of the endgame items. It really breaks down to have or have not the Iridium Ore at the end.
    Who the hell is going to use UU-Matter for Tin when said tin just sits everywhere in the entire underground of your world.