[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• If you combine this ton of arranged nouns with the "everything is lower case except the word I"-philosophy, you can get quite confused, when trying to analyze a language.

Lowercase* :P

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Official Post

Good Ideas.

V2.07c:
    Fixed Capes
    Fixed Diamondmaceration
    Fixed Beacon-Blocks :D

1,2,3 : good. Hope FTB updates soon with that version. I wanna show everyone my GregTech "employee/donator" cape. ~
    [Q : do you have custom cape to yourself, or its the same to everyone?]
    Currently i'm playing in a FTB server, but i'm not able to advance to next tech level because i need damn steel from railcraft, and getting 9 magmacreams is turning into a pain. =D

• 1,2,3 : good. Hope FTB updates soon with that version. I wanna show everyone my GregTech "employee/donator" cape
    Currently i'm playing in a FTB server, but i'm not able to advance to next tech level because i need damn steel from railcraft, and getting 9 magmacreams is turning into a pain. =D

im playing FTB server and not big deal for get blaze rod and slimeball, just take some snowballs for kill blaze and make a farm for the slimes...

one question, im just a noob, what can i do with lot of EU? serious

• one question, im just a noob, what can i do with lot of EU? serious

MatterFabricator, it takes 100 times the EU of a Mass Fabricator(which has been turned off) to produce UU matter

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Found a small bug I dismantled an Industrial Electrolyser with the Omniwrench ( one of King of Lemmings mods) and it dropped the Electrolyser as well as "tile_entity gregtech" which was placeable in the world and looked like an advanced machine block, when this entity was broken it just disappeared so as I said minor bug just mentioning it.

• Official Post

Found a small bug I dismantled an Industrial Electrolyser with the Omniwrench ( one of King of Lemmings mods) and it dropped the Electrolyser as well as "tile_entity gregtech" which was placeable in the world and looked like an advanced machine block, when this entity was broken it just disappeared so as I said minor bug just mentioning it.

probably omniwrench bug, i think there is nothing he can do about it.

• I don't quite know what your asking, but there is a config in the configs folder

Suggestion: I see you have a "Freezer" or "Cooler" in your maybe to do list, perhaps as an upgrade to the "Maybe" cooler could be a cryogenic freezer, using helium coolant cells, not in the recipe, but in the machine itself using .2 of the coolant per use.

• probably omniwrench bug, i think there is nothing he can do about it.

Yeah I know possibly a bug with omniwrench but there are a couple reasons I posted it here,
    one I remembered it when I was reading this thread (specifically when I read a post by GregoriusT about something to do with tile entities)
    two I know that King of Lemmings reads this thread
    so whichever mod is the culprit this minor not even that annoying bug should get squished it was more of a heads up about an I believe unintended effect.

Also if GregoriusT states it's an Omniwrench bug I'll go bug King of Lemmings in his Omniwrench thread :D

• First of all I'm older than 12, and probably talking like a nerd. Second of all everything on that list except white holes and alternate dimensions have been discovered in particle accelerators (in real life). Yes antimatter exists but in extremely small subatomic particles (anti particles) and could never be used for power (it can in minecraft) :) . Strangelets are still theoretical but likely exist, they are a jumble of quarks that turn what ever they touch into strange matter (this is theoretical). Black holes, yes they exist and have been decected both in the large hadron collider in Europe and in outer space. Dark energy is just a name for the force making the universes expansion accerate. Dark matter is a super gravity that doesn't have mass, and yes neutrinos (dark matter particles) have been decected.

Neutrinos are probably not the dark matter particles, current calculations do not allow for them to make up enough of the mass deficit to account for what is required of dark matter.

Dark matter is the name given to whatever is causing galaxies to have the wrong rotation profile, not a super gravity, it definitely has mass if it causes gravity (gravity is the force which is resultant from the existence of gravitational mass, so if it produces gravity, it must have some form of gravitational mass, just like if something has charge, it produces an electromagnetic force).

Last I checked, they had not confirmed that the LHC had produced any black holes (if it did, they would be short lived anyway), but ones the ones at centers of galaxies are fairly certain to exist.

I am fairly certain that strangelets are not stable, otherwise the RHIC should have made them, or evidence of them should be seen (though they might be the dark matter, it does not explain why the RHIC did not manage to make any)

And yes, antimatter is fairly accepted as existing, considering that it is used in medicine quite a lot (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography ) What antimatter would do nicely in would be a large explosive device, or something that needs to be able to release all of its energy at once. assuming you manage to find a way to perfectly convert energy into antimatter, it would be at best, an energy storage system, rather than energy supply. This would make it rather good for portable storage or weapons.

• 1. Did not know + learned something about dark matter :D
    2. Yes the black holes dectected were very short lived and small.
    3. Strangelets though not proven, might be a negative effect on the particle collider (on possible features list)
    4. Thank you, I've been friends with some people who continue to deny that antimatter exists and insist that it is sy-fy.

• I don't quite know what your asking, but there is a config in the configs folder

Suggestion: I see you have a "Freezer" or "Cooler" in your maybe to do list, perhaps as an upgrade to the "Maybe" cooler could be a cryogenic freezer, using helium coolant cells, not in the recipe, but in the machine itself using .2 of the coolant per use.

Love the idea of a freezer, and also, how will the "flying Nanites" work?

• Antimatter is not used in medical enviroments, its just an natural emmission with gamma rays. Suggestion after antimatter, anti-hydrogen.

Edited once, last by CrafterofMany ().

• Greg, I'm new here and I would like to ask about how this mod expands on IC2. From what I have seen it adds high tier items requing a good power gen source to start off with. But in the end what is the goal of this mod?

That brings me to talk about your fusion reactors. Your rector set-up currently is corrct(for minecraft) but why not make it work how a real fustion reactor is supposed to work(the ideal furure design). From a couple of science shows like 'jurney through the wormhole with morgan freeman' it seems that the ideal fusion reactor will use a similar system to the sun in the way that it produces energy. Like we collect solar power from the sun the energy given off by the clump of atomic nuclei will be harnessed in a similar fashion and fed straight into the power net. This reactor also doesn't produce waist but it does produce radiation like the sun. If you where to implement this in game maybe make it teir V tech. It should also be a multi-structor project and result in a sphere with the rector inside surrounded by special solar collectors with another protective layer of for example quatum reinfored stone. Once the sphere is build it becomes a single object that players can access by right clicking. It will require the same fuel source as your reactor. I'm yet to do the math because this is only a proposal.

But what is the point of huge amounts of power? Well currently your mod is piontless to me and others so maybe add something fun like powered portals that require 500K EU to open, or high tier tools like a matter creator that when supplied with UU-matter and a target block and building specifications it will for example build a 9x9 infront of you by using uu-matter for generation blocks.

If you have anything to say or anyone else please reply.

• Morgan freeman FTW.

• As promised, the name "correction" list with the spaces in the proper places of compound nouns:

http://pastebin.com/5sqfi52Y

Greg, could you pastebin the text of the help files in your computercube so I can also do a correction pass on it?

Also I do some texture/sprite art in my free time, would you mind if I gave your textures some work to make them smoother?

And a suggestion that would need some codework, what about making the fusion coil textures change according to their surroundings like the super conductor wire? Here's a mockup: