[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• It does not say the casing is missing. How long does it take? i had it hooked to an MFE for about 15minutes and ore in the top slot and nothing happened

edit: if i break any block on the multi block part the plus on the grinder goes red and it says that the machine casing is incomplete

also confirmed that it is connected to the EU network correctly, as if i replace the MFE with an MFSU it goes boom

• Wow, that industrial grinder is pretty epic..by grinding 4 copper ores you get 8 copper dusts and 1 gold dust :D
    ok, time to throw away my pulverizer :)

• Official Post

It does not say the casing is missing. How long does it take? i had it hooked to an MFE for about 15minutes and ore in the top slot and nothing happened

edit: if i break any block on the multi block part the plus on the grinder goes red and it says that the machine casing is incomplete

also confirmed that it is connected to the EU network correctly, as if i replace the MFE with an MFSU it goes boom

You know what the second Input-Slot is for? Look it up in NEI, it's WATER!!! Why? In Factorysation you need to clean your Ores before Processing them, what is completly logical, so guess why my Industrial Grinder needs Water.

Btw, its not a Plus, its a pixelized Circle.

• A screenshot for how to set grinder ? (No need to be greg posting it, anybody that have made it work will be fine ;) )

Thanks a lot ;)

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• You know what the second Input-Slot is for? Look it up in NEI, it's WATER!!! Why? In Factorysation you need to clean your Ores before Processing them, what is completly logical, so guess why my Industrial Grinder needs Water.

Btw, its not a Plus, its a pixelized Circle.

ok, will retry it with water cells/bucket there, are there any plans on making it compatible with BC fluids? so water can be pumped in from a tank?

• Ok, long post time.

First here's the fixed text from the computercube: http://pastebin.com/QJguHwFu
    Minor changes mostly, and I beleive I didn't mess with the syntax, so it should re-compile fine.

Second, I did some minor fiddling with the textures of your blocks to make them a bit "softer" in the eye. Given the changes are very minor I don't see a reason to bother making this a separate texture pack. If you like them and would like to use, they are provided 100% free to use.

Third, I'd like to suggest a "palette" add-on to the reactor simulator. Cycling through each component when placing them is a bit of pain, so what about adding something like this to the planner?
    (very bad photoshop mockup)

Also have you considered adding some gregtech super heat exchangers, platings and vents? Given how much heat plutonium produces it is quite tricky to make a stable reactor with it.

• The screenshot of Industrial Grinder (water+reinforced chasing in the middle, std machine chasing at top and bottom and Industrial Grinder blocks side centered..)

btw, I found something weird about this autarchic gold gates/diamond gates/pulsating chipset/advanced circuit, you need pulsating chipset to make autarchic gates right? so why they are at the same tier?

• Thanks a lot, will try this ;)

It works ;)

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

Edited 3 times, last by Lung Zatar ().

• if i hit r on the interdimensional energy storage unit it crashes :( here's the crash log:

• Update your NEI to the newest version..

• Code
    2012-11-17 13:05:35 [INFO] [STDOUT] Dust Name: dustSteel !!!Unknown Dust detected!!! Please report to GregTech Intergalactical for additional compatiblity. This is not an Error, its just an Information.

I believe my job here is done :)

• Did you even read the top part, specifically the one with "DO NOT COME TO ME WITH THIS CRASH. YOU CAUSED IT YOURSELF, AND I TOLD YOU HOW TO FIX IT!!!"? Don't use ID resolver with GregTech, it can work, in most cases it does not.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I read the top, but I guess I didnt see that part(I would quote your reply but I'm having a hard time doing so). So it's incompatible with ID-Resolver. Ok, thankyou!

• I'm having trouble with the supercondensator and the superconductorwire.
    I have a redstoned supercondensator connected to a fusion reactor and the large dot is facing the wire.(and another non-redstoned supercondensator in the other end)
    now my problem is that the condensator isn't outputting its stored energy into the wire (checked with the debugtool and it stores energy)
    I'm hoping that this is a bug and not me being stupid XD

• Hey man I love how you have gone and made an unique tech tree for minecraft, but from what I hear, you have been preparing for XyCraft integration. That somewhat concerns me primarily because you didn't send me a message first to ask, but also...XyCraft isn't out yet so how can you be preparing interfacing for it?

Im aware that some of the items will be in the forge Ore Dict, however those are primarily for my benefit and also for Mystcraft support as well as future mod support.

I'd actually prefer for now that XyCraft be left alone as I am trying to make a very balanced and fair tech tree having it's own power net and machines to construct and have fun with. I'm all for cross mod support but at the agreement of the mod devs. If I see an opportunity for you to smoothly connect the two mods I will let you know, but for now XyCraft is its own mod and is only interfacing with internally by permitted mod devs.

Also: XyCraft will be no way connected to IC2 other than to supply power (If Author's permit). XyCraft will only send power to other power nets and not accept (This is dependent on the mod devs' permission) Having external powernets provide power would throw off balance to my mod.

Again I like GregTech, but not when it comes to messing with a tech tree it has no prior knowledge to. Please ask to see if it is ok next time you are wanting to interface with my mod. We mod minecraft, not each other's mods.

Thanks,
    Soaryn

If you need to contact me or reply:
    My Thread
    or
    #Direwolf20 or #XyCraft on Espernet I am unlikely to see any replies here

• Official Post

Hey man I love how you have gone and made an unique tech tree for minecraft, but from what I hear, you have been preparing for XyCraft integration. That somewhat concerns me primarily because you didn't send me a message first to ask, but also...

Not really Integration, just a small Compatiblity with your Resource-Type Items

XyCraft isn't out yet so how can you be preparing interfacing for it?

Hacks. XD

I just saw a Mod on Direwolfs Channel, that adds a random and "back then completly useless" Material, which one normally has tons of, and wanted to make it more useful, as soon as Xycraft is out. ^^

Im aware that some of the items will be in the forge Ore Dict, however those are primarily for my benefit and also for Mystcraft support as well as future mod support.

Mystcraft actually needs the Oredict? I never knew that, but yes the Oredict is very useful. Btw, is your Aluminium Ore maceratable? I added semirandom Ores to my Compatiblitylist, if any kind of Mod adds them, and things like Titanium, Aluminium, Chrome or Platinum are in that List.

I'd actually prefer for now that XyCraft be left alone as I am trying to make a very balanced and fair tech tree having it's own power net and machines to construct and have fun with. I'm all for cross mod support but at the agreement of the mod devs. If I see an opportunity for you to smoothly connect the two mods I will let you know, but for now XyCraft is its own mod and is only interfacing with internally by permitted mod devs.

Also: XyCraft will be no way connected to IC2 other than to supply power (If Author's permit). XyCraft will only send power to other power nets and not accept (This is dependent on the mod devs' permission) Having external powernets provide power would throw off balance to my mod.

Dont worry, I'm not interested to make any kind of Powerconverters, unless I introduce another Super-Awesome-Energy-Net-Thingy, what I wont do as I already have the IC²-E-net.

Again I like GregTech, but not when it comes to messing with a tech tree it has no prior knowledge to. Please ask to see if it is ok next time you are wanting to interface with my mod. We mod minecraft, not each other's mods.

Currently my "XyCrystal Dusts" are completly useless, as I dont know your Itemnames/Oredictnames for the Crystals.

justastranger: You could've updated before posting, that my own Steel Dust is unknown.

@ComputerCubeDescriptionSet: received.

@Textures: I will take the good ones.

@BC-CircuitsLessGoodAsBC-Gates: Thats intended, so that you have to make Gates out of it before using them.

• Food for thought: Soaryn's concerns actually raise some interesting questions.

There's some sort of implication here that all modders have an unspoken agreement that while they're all "right" to mod minecraft, none are right to mod eachother's mods. This is the whole Tekkit thing about permissions all over again. Of course, the only thing GregT has done is implement the OreDictionary properly, so should Soaryn really be blaming Forge? Does any single modder have the right to complain that another mod destroys their mod's "balance", when in reality every single modder is guilty of destroying the "balance" of vanilla minecraft? Isn't that a double standard? Perhaps. I think we can all agree that permissions are important, even if only as a sign of respect. But how far does permission carry? Is it okay for Soaryn to tell GregT to make his mod in a certain way because GregTech has the potential to change how Soaryn's mod is played?

In my humble opinion, the modding community has reached too far. Every modder out there is trying as hard as they can to produce "THE COMPREHENSIVE ULTIMATE MINECRAFT EXPERIENCE". That's why we see weird things like Railcraft adding decidedly non-rail things like steam power for Buildcraft. The modders are trying to account for every possible permutation of a user's mod folder, and inadvertently competing with other mods in order to do so. Not every mod needs to be a complete overhaul of Minecraft, but that's exactly what all the big names are doing. And because of this, they're now stepping on eachother's toes. Mark my words, users are going to see a lot more of this sort of thing in the future.