[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

List of Thorium Nuclear Reactor Designs

• Greg's Idiotproof Reactor Design, improved (not by me!). Mk.1-E7, 0 chamber (1 Quad-Cell). Mk.1-E7 2-chamber (2 Quad-Cell). Mk.1-E7 4-chamber (3 Quad-Cells). Mk.1-E7 6-chamber (4 Quad-Cell).
    • Based off HAYO CORP.'s "The Efficient". Version A (4 chamber) (Eff 6.80; With 3 extra slots to cool exhausted components.) Version B (Exactly same as A but without cooling slots.), Version C (5 chamber) (Efficiency 7, 5-chamber; Has slots to cool exhausted components too. Slots indicated by standard plating cools 8 heat/s, heat plating cools 4 heat/s, containment plating slots cool 12 heat/s.) and Version D (Copy of version C without plating).
    • HAYO CORP's DDoS/CSCR, GregTech style. Version A (Thorium/360K, requires refresh of 360K's every 5600 seconds (~93.5 minutes)) and Version B (Plutonium/360K, requires refresh of 360K's every 500 seconds).
    • SSD's designs, posted at Rick's thread. Click me .

That you people threat Iridium Reflectors as like they are infinite. Lol.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…9kc1kbnbvas5immmtaul93j0g
    4 Quad Cells + 8 Reflectors

I would run every Design through the Computer Cube, as I'm not sure if the Planner is calculating the Reactor right.

• Thanks for the improvements! You are truly a nuclear scientist. I just know my way around. New list:

• Design 1 removed, because of Reactor Planner bug. Will explode.
    • Design 2 removed, because of Reactor Planner bug. Will explode
    • Design 3 removed, because of Reactor Planner bug. Will explode.
    • Design 4 removed, because of Reactor Planner bug. Will explode.
    • Design 5 removed, because of Reactor Planner bug. Will explode.
    • CSCR GregTech Style. 336 EU/t, 6 chambers, Eff 6, 800k Neutron Reflections total. 14 Quad Thorium Cells. Credits to HAYO CORP. (i.e. skavier470) for original design. Swap coolants every 5600 s (exact time 5626 s, ~93.5 min).
    • CSCR GregTech Style - Plutonium Edition . 3360 EU/t, 6 chambers, Eff 6, 400k Neutron Reflections total (I think) and 14 Quad Plutonium Cells. Credits to HAYO CORP. (i.e. skavier470) for original design. Swap coolants every 500 s (exact time 536 s, ~6.5 mins).
    • SSD's designs .

Iridium reflectors are infinite. The plus is, when you dismantle your reactor, you can reuse your Iridium reflectors!
    I have to leave now, so I'll leave this on for discussion.

• Can you add config option for disable craft Sandstone from Sand in IC2 Compressor? Because ThermalExpansion can produce 2 Sand from 1 Sandstone.

• Small rant time...

A lot of people know I have a personal feud against GregTech. I just didn't bring it here because the less-knowing audience would accuse me of hating it as a developer, but I do as a player. I helped Tahg collect proof to convince Slowpoke into disabling it by default in the main FTB pack. It boils down to the ridiculous points:

• Rejected suggestions (lightning rod, fusion reactor, mining helmet, tier 4 storage...)
    • Electric allocators because the author is too impatient to wait for RP, or dislikes BC
    • Electric block breaker which uses a lot of power, because the author has a terrible computer. I play Minecraft on a GMA X4500, which gives me 15 fps in a regular world (but 100+ on flatlands), going down to 5 on bad areas, and optifine only helps a bit
    • EDIT: Machines which automate stuff that should not be automated, like crop harvesting
    • Giving capes to donators
    • Talking trash about mod authors, including me
    • Last but not least, the recipe tampering. A nether fortress and a bunch of slimes before you can get a mining drill? Really?

I get a little annoyed when that mod is mentioned, due to the fact it's a devious kid that I go against. But trust me, it's only a small feud.

• Can you add config option for craft Sandstone from Sand in IC2 Compressor? Because ThermalExpansion can produce 2 Sand from 1 Sandstone.

I would had agree ... if thermal expansion wasn't also providing infinite cobblestone i.e sand via Macerator ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Can you add config option for craft Sandstone from Sand in IC2 Compressor? Because ThermalExpansion can produce 2 Sand from 1 Sandstone.

And you can produce Sand out of Cobble => Infinite, even without Cobblegen.

RichardG:
    Many Players hate it, but an equally large amount loves it. I just add craptons of possibilities, including the rejected Suggestions.

Electric Block Breaker is not only for getting less FPS-Issues. It can also create Smoothstone and makes Obsidian out of Redstone.

My "Allocators" (I know that old Mod, it was the first one I ever had) are much better Versions of Machines, which other Mods have. Some of them are even better, than their Redpower-Counterpart (Okay its only the Advanced Buffer, but that counts too).

Also you dont need to go to the Nether before getting Mining Drill. I have a Netherfree electric Version of the Blast Furnace, which is needed to get the High-Tech-Materials. And do you really use the Drill? I thought you are all about enchanting Tools/Armors.

Which other Modauthor (except you, as you are the Guy, who always trolls Direwolf) has been "trashtalked" by me?

And whats so bad about giving Capes to Donators? Its not like I prevent normal Capes from being shown.

• :rolleyes:

Small rant time...

A lot of people know I have a personal feud against GregTech. I just didn't bring it here because the less-knowing audience would accuse me of hating it as a developer, but I do as a player. I helped Tahg collect proof to convince Slowpoke into disabling it by default in the main FTB pack. It boils down to the ridiculous points:

• Rejected suggestions (lightning rod, fusion reactor, mining helmet, tier 4 storage...)
    • Electric allocators because the author is too impatient to wait for RP, or dislikes BC
    • Electric block breaker which uses a lot of power, because the author has a terrible computer. I play Minecraft on a GMA X4500, which gives me 15 fps in a regular world (but 100+ on flatlands), going down to 5 on bad areas, and optifine only helps a bit
    • EDIT: Machines which automate stuff that should not be automated, like crop harvesting
    • Giving capes to donators
    • Talking trash about mod authors, including me
    • Last but not least, the recipe tampering. A nether fortress and a bunch of slimes before you can get a mining drill? Really?

I get a little annoyed when that mod is mentioned, due to the fact it's a devious kid that I go against. But trust me, it's only a small feud.

you don't need the slimes or the nether fortress for the drill, all you need is a greg-tech industrial blast furnace, everything for that is from the overworld.

edit: even if it did need slimes, those things are extremely common now, they spawn in swamps

also, on the auto harvesting front, i gather you dislike forestry and computercraft too then?

• RichardG:
    Many Players hate it, but an equally large amount loves it. I just add craptons of possibilities, including the rejected Suggestions.

This mod should rather be called Rejected Suggestions

Electric Block Breaker is not only for getting less FPS-Issues. It can also create Smoothstone and makes Obsidian out of Redstone.

The igneous extruder can make smoothstone

My "Allocators" (I know that old Mod, it was the first one I ever had) are much better Versions of Machines, which other Mods have. Some of them are even better, than their Redpower-Counterpart (Okay its only the Advanced Buffer, but that counts too).

Still doesn't explain the other machines

Also you dont need to go to the Nether before getting Mining Drill. I have a Netherfree electric Version of the Blast Furnace, which is needed to get the High-Tech-Materials. And do you really use the Drill? I thought you are all about enchanting Tools/Armors.

Quarries, due to the recipe you changed too

Which other Modauthor (except you, as you are the Guy, who always trolls Direwolf) has been "trashtalked" by me?

May have been a misunderstanding of what you did to King_Lemming, my bad

And whats so bad about giving Capes to Donators? Its not like I prevent normal Capes from being shown.

Only very special people should have them. Donators are not IMO

• Richard G: Whats wrong with capes for donators? Just cause we showed our support for Greg, he was kind enough to give us a little digital bling. Also, Optifine does the exact same thing, its not like its a new concept.

• Official Post

This mod should rather be called Rejected Suggestions

Just because everything what I implement has been suggested before? You know some just got denied due to Code-Reasons, or due to not enough time.

The igneous extruder can make smoothstone

Yes it can at the cost of Lava.

Still doesn't explain the other machines

Most of them just look better (in my eyes).

Quarries, due to the recipe you changed too

Yeah, automatically Mining a whole Landscape is something you must do at really early stages of the Game...

May have been a misunderstanding of what you did to King_Lemming, my bad

What have I done to him? Last time I mentioned Bugs, he wasnt upset or something.

Only very special people should have them. Donators are not IMO

Special people have special Capes. The Donators just get a regular Cape.

• I have a Netherfree electric Version of the Blast Furnace, which is needed to get the High-Tech-Materials.

Technically, you can get glowstone out out redstone and gold, but that's stupid so ...
    But I agree it's annoying having to go to the nether to get your drill --' (with a cheap way). But ... it's configurable, so ...
    Edit: Although, in my opinion your automation stuff is useless-copying other mods feature. The advanced translocator and the crop harvester are nice, but the others ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• RichardG, there is a frikkin config for everything. If you dont like it, disabled it.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Greg, is it a bug or intended that we cant use the copper / tin ingots to make bronze ingots?
    The dust recipe from IC2 is still there, but forestry recipe is gone. If this is intentional can you give us a config option for it?

• Just want to comment :3
    @ Rejected Suggestions:
    Some of these were rejected with the notion that they would be unbalanced. Guess what, GT throws IC2 balance over thus it can integrate them in a balanced way.

@ Capes:
    Optifine has those too and I think they tried to get it into FTB~

@Allocator/Rock Breaker:
    uh.. so mods are forbidden to add something new some other mod may already have when they're in FTB? Then FTB needs to throw out half of every other tech mod thats currently in FTB

I still feel like most of these reasons have been pulled out of air and the basic thing is that RG and others don't like GT changing IC2 recipes.

• Is there anything you can do about the computercraft recipes? I would like if the turtles were a bit more expensive, atm it feels a bit cheap using them for managing my reactors and breeding fuel, but they are so useful for when you have a breeder that runs at 64k, keeping that full is tedious (I know I could do it with gregtech stuff as well, but haven't got the translocators and crafting network finished yet)

• RichardG
    I really like all GregTech stuff and I dont care about RP2. Without GregTech I wouldnt even install IC on my SMP because its way to unbalanced. After a half day of playing you can craft all out of UU.

Greg: Mach weiter, deine Arbeit ist einfach super und es macht einfach viel mehr bock. Wenn deine Mod nicht wäre, würde ich IC2 schon gar nicht mehr auf den Server schmeißen, weil man gleich EE3 benutzten könnte.