[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf, he usually adds has a config to all nerfes he makes, he updates so quickly you shouldn't mind asking him.
    He is the owner of the mod and has the power to decide what is in it, if you don't like it, just don't use it.
    If you don't like the fact he doesn't add configs at time he releases a nerf, just stop using it. Configs are added just because of people like you.
    I seriously wouldnt mind playing on "Hard" mode, with all nerfes and stuff like that, it makes the game much more fun as you don't "beat" it in a day or two.
    I don't know why, but i can't see any conflict here. Greg has his addon, IC2 devs has IC2 itself. Nobody is obligated to use his addon nor any modpack which has it.

Actually there is NO solution to make everyone happy, as long you have SMP servers.

He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf, he usually adds has a config to all nerfes he makes, he updates so quickly you shouldn't mind asking him.
    He is the owner of the mod and has the power to decide what is in it, if you don't like it, just don't use it.
    If you don't like the fact he doesn't add configs at time he releases a nerf, just stop using it. Configs are added just because of people like you.
    I seriously wouldnt mind playing on "Hard" mode, with all nerfes and stuff like that, it makes the game much more fun as you don't "beat" it in a day or two.
    I don't know why, but i can't see any conflict here. Greg has his addon, IC2 devs has IC2 itself. Nobody is obligated to use his addon nor any modpack which has it.

Actually there is NO solution to make everyone happy, as long you have SMP servers.

My main point is, ic2 inst his mod, but he still messes with it anyways. Adding a scaffold nerf without a config is solid proof of that. A mod developer should work to make something that the people like and what they enjoy, not what the developer enjoys. He is making this mod for himself more than anything else. I agree he can decide what goes into it, but he still can't put things that change other mods whenever he pleases. He shouldn't have to think about whether people will or will not take kindly to this addon messing with their other mods. Saying
    "He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf" is no excuse for adding random things without warning. I want to play minecraft with mods like this. I did not ask to play minecraft:greg edition.

The whole thing in a nutshell is, its not as simple as just not using anything with gregtech because that limits options for people. A whole community shouldn't be cut off just because one minecraft modder is overstepping normal boundaries and causing a stir in the process. Greg is causing this whole problem, he needs to fix it.

• Actually there is NO solution to make everyone happy, as long you have SMP servers.
    My main point is, ic2 inst his mod, but he still messes with it anyways. Adding a scaffold nerf without a config is solid proof of that. A mod developer should work to make something that the people like and what they enjoy, not what the developer enjoys. He is making this mod for himself more than anything else. I agree he can decide what goes into it, but he still can't put things that change other mods whenever he pleases. He shouldn't have to think about whether people will or will not take kindly to this addon messing with their other mods. Saying
    "He probably tought no one would bug him about this nerf" is no excuse for adding random things without warning. I want to play minecraft with mods like this. I did not ask to play minecraft:greg edition.

Oh no not another one of you whiners ... please die will ya .

• Oh no not another one of you whiners ... please die will ya .

Look how quickly you are to judge me! You must think you are so high and mighty denouncing me as a simple whiner. You were not part of this conversation. I am not the only one with the same view here, I have the right to voice my opinion. I am just trying to get everyone to a solution to this so this whole problem will be done with. I don't share the opinion of others, but at least I have the maturity to respect their opinions when I voice mine against theirs.

• Official Post

He owns the mod, he has the power to do anything he wants to it. About recipe changing, he does that with lots of stuff. Addons are allowed to change some stuff in IC2, its up to you if you will use it or not.
    He has written in BIG RED LETTERS that he changes recipes.

Its the fifth or more time i'm saying that if you don't want to play "Minecraft Greg edition", just dont use his addon.
    Mod owners are humans which have NO obligation to do something just to make YOU happy.

Seriously, you are acting like you are buying something from him , asking for your "customer" rights.
    Mods are not like that. They arent made to make everyone happy, only owner itself and people he thinks will like it.
    Its not a whole community that will be cut, only you. If that "community" were unhappy, they would post here.
    Please stop complaining, if you don't like it, don't use it. If you want something to be changed, ask him like a normal person would do, instead of attacking him.

• [Complaining a bit]: Could you add every ore you've planned and think now about the others you will probably add later, at least for CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DIMENSION ? Why ? Simply because even if I haven't that much played with your addon for the time being, I guess it's very annoying updating the servers when some new ores have been added ... because you can only discover new chunks (wich increase the mapsize and makes you mining far away from bases/cities), use some buggy Ore regeneration mod (sometimes outdated ^^), or ... restart from scratch with a new map.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

just make them not burn in any furnace.

IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE, THEN I WOULD GLADLY DO THAT INSTEAD!!! [/Rages at Forges Code]

One can only INCREASE Fuel Value, decreasing is IMPOSSIBLE with the current implementation.

Hey GT, can you make Forestry and GT pulp interchangeable, I'd like to use pulp from the Saw in the carpenter for paper.

no Oredictionary registration of Forestry Wood Pulp (neither Thermal Expansion) is available, so I cant make it usable in Forestry. :(

My main point is, ic2 inst his mod, but he still messes with it anyways.

It's an IC²-ADDON. Do you really expect me to change nothing from IC²? :P

If ShadowHunter just would've stayed with friendly asking for a Config, instead of starting a flame War with SpwnX, I would've added the Config, but now we have to wait a while, and then until someone else suggests it again, to remind me on it.

MatLaPatate:
    I only plan to add 4 new Ores to my own Version of the Space Dimensions. No OreGeneration for vanilly Dimensions.

• The purpose of scaffolds is not that they are cheaper than planks, though. They seem to be designed to be, in every way, perfect for temporarily accessing areas too high to reach normally.

First, you can make more of them out of planks. This is reduced by GregTech because, since they burn, it was a significant exploit that makes all other wood processing worthless.
    Second, when you need to clean them up, you only need to break the bottom block.
    Third, you can climb them somewhat like a ladder (can't use shift on them, you have to be right up against them rather than just in the same block)
    Finally, you can left click anywhere on a scaffold tower with a scaffold in your hand to put it at the top of the tower.

So, it still has three of the four benefits, and is still cheaper than ladders for a climbable block. And this way, charcoal is still a useful fuel, using a railcraft coke oven to make charcoal is still an upgrade, thermal expansion and gregtech sawmills still further upgrade your fuel per log. Each regular log fuel upgrade requires more and more advanced machinery/resources, but the scaffolds mean that the ultimate fuel increaser is a crafting table, literally the first thing most people create.

A config option might be nice if there isn't one already (disableRecipeExploits=true?), but the scaffold change gives multiple machines from multiple mods more purpose without affecting the rest of the game very much, so is a very good idea, in my opinion.

• Official Post

GregoriusT : Space dimension, will we have spaceships, like your arcturas flagship (spambot apocalypse) ?
    If yes, make them a big multiblock machine, able to work similar to RP frames. Which will require to be built in overworld, then launched to space (it will be space portal).
    It would require engines, air-renewing machinery, High-tech IC2 generators [Cosmic Windmills, High-Energy Solar panels, Fusion reactor ...], a central AI [built with GT computer cubes, like GLADOS]... so many ideas, impossible to code?

• Official Post

GregoriusT : Space dimension, will we have spaceships, like your arcturas flagship (spambot apocalypse) ?

An Arcturias (ends on -ias) Class Ship is way too large, to fit into the loaded Chunks. You would need a square of 2x2km to let it fit in (Its a bit larger than Atlantis).

The only Spaceships you can have are the ones made of RP-Frames. I plan to make it possible to move Frame-Constructions through a Stargate if they are correctly built (the Inchworm Drive must be at the last Block of the FrameStructure for it to work properly), but the CC-Turtles will have NO PROBLEM at going through it (Repliturtles!).

Cosmic Windmills

Hrrm how does it come that you mentioned it as first example. :D

• Ask and ye shall receive.

Forestry updated:

• i was using the industrial grinder to grind something and i had sufficient power and the right machine casing but it only grinded one item and the stopped and the gui appeared to be stuttering

anyone know what i did wrong?

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

• Official Post

An Arcturias (ends on -ias) Class Ship is way too large, to fit into the loaded Chunks. You would need a square of 2x2km to let it fit in (Its a bit larger than Atlantis).

The only Spaceships you can have are the ones made of RP-Frames. I plan to make it possible to move Frame-Constructions through a Stargate if they are correctly built (the Inchworm Drive must be at the last Block of the FrameStructure for it to work properly), but the CC-Turtles will have NO PROBLEM at going through it (Repliturtles!).

Hrrm how does it come that you mentioned it as first example. :D

Didnt know arcturias (now with right spelling) were soooooo big.
    Anyway i still would like if you coded something like RP frames (i simply don't like how RP frames work) so we could build our spaceships using tools provided by your mod.
    Or a simply flying vehicle entity which would need to use UUM or some complicated fuel in player inventory [or have a GUI which you input fuel, and it tells you how long it will last for] + integrated mining lasers [and internal energy storage].
    Why do you think i've mentioned it as my first example? I'm a wind engineer =D

@MatthieuLeDieu : Yes, you can. GT won't add any new ore to overworld.

• i was using the industrial grinder to grind something and i had sufficient power and the right machine casing but it only grinded one item and the stopped and the gui appeared to be stuttering

anyone know what i did wrong?

Sufficient power is not enough, you need constant 128 eu/t, I recommend you to put mfe next to it or single 128 eu/t line for each grinder..

• Official Post

- Added: Config option to disable nags and warnings.

That warning was really, uhhm, lets say wrongly Coded. It is just detecting my Mod and then complains, and its not detecting the (no longer) missing Bronze-Recipe and then complains.

I have now implemented my own Warning, which gets displayed when first playing with my Addon. I just dislike people, who tl;dr the important Stuff of my Thread.

- Changed: Ash recipes now use the ore dictionary.

Yay!

- Changed: Added wood pulp to ore dictionary as "pulpWood".

Dang it. I registered mine as "dustWood", but I can add additional NameVersions as pulpWood is a correct OreDictName.

• This is why my matter fabricator is encased in reinforced stone :P

I want to play minecraft with mods like this.

I did not ask to play minecraft:greg edition.

Yes you did.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Greg, I spoke to king_lemming earlier about why there was no recipes for pulverizing your ores, but there were recipes for rock crushing your ores and apparently you are adding them to railcraft through api, but not to thermal expansion. could you please include your ores in thermal expansion for pulverizing, thank you.

• can somebody tell me what multistructur i need fot the industrial sawmill?
    i can't find the right setup :(

Edit: is it possible to get this information in the computer cube in the next update? *friendly ask* :)