[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• So your conclusion basically boils down to "your mod gives me less EU per unit of fuel, therefore it's bad"?

Nope. Your own conclusion is stupid, sorry. I think it's worst because to me the good EU value per Refined Oil Bucket is about 300 000 EU, with a better than 8EU/t rate. If greg don't think so, up to him. But you basically don't think before writing. To me, it has to be buffed because of f***ing Advanced Solar Pannels (guess what I'm not using FTB ... this and Mystcraft-CCraft-EndlessEUfromNetherwithRC-Forestry) ... and because greengen in general are a bit OP, so to be used Refined Oil needs to be more efficient.
    Edit: sorry for flaming you, but you take me for a noob ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Yes, its less EU (only 96000EU) per Bucket of BC-Fuel, but you could also use Railcrafts Steamboiler if you want more Efficiency. But since Oil is a nonrenewable Resource I should maybe double EU from BC-Fuel (As my old Centrifuge Recipes had assumed a Value of 300000 for it).

And the Recipe for Methane Cells and similar into Fuelcans will be removed as soon as I gasify/liquify Cell Resouces.

Edit: V2.61a:
    Added Diesel Generator:
    Forestry Biofuel (not Biomass!) = 32000EU
    BC-Fuel = 196000EU
    Fuelcans of IC² = +25% of the normal Burnvalue for regular Generators
    Coalfuel and Biofuel Cells of IC² also a +25% bonus and you get the Cells back.
    If a Mod adds IC²-Coalfuel or IC²-Biofuel as Liquid, you get an extra Bonus for using the Liquid variant.

• Official Post

initially posted this on mc forums but now that ive got an account her im linking to the post

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…7841-gregtech-duping-bug/

Uhhm, you are sure this doesnt belong to the Logistics Pipes? I'm 100% certain that those Pipes are ignoring invalid Slots, because otherwise they would be unable to get infinite Items out of my Machines.

All my Machines implement ISidedInventory, if those Pipes are ignoring that, then that is the Problem => Not my Problem.

• Official Post

i tried
    with a advanced wooden transport pipe it works the same as well with wooden pipes (vanilla bc) m using the latest build of all 3 mods

It could be Buildcraft side, considering Logistic pipes has BC as requirement, and GT translocators works perfectly.

@Kane : intended , Mining Laser tier is higher than lithium backpack, so it wont work.
    If you are using FTB, you could use gravisuit lappacks

• Yep. That's why it's interesting. It's a good energy source, but you've to mine always moren that fit with MC.

Uranium is pretty common and if you mine manually you get over 2x more then set up a breeder to further multiply the cells (~8x).

I have currently 4x (320EU/t) reactors + a hot single cycle automated breeder dumping power to single line which branches of to Matter fab and 2 MFSU's.

Works great, if MFSU's need power they get 33% of the capacity each but if theyr full then all goes to Matter fab. (and without a single piece of redstone I might add)

• Lithium Pack does not work with the mining laser. Unsure if this is intended or not.

It is intended. It's tier 1 so it shouldn't work with the nano saber either.

@GregTech Duping bug: Sounds like someone's gonna dupe some fusion coils........ and wrench-lost superconductors...........

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Feature request : At the top of the config file, have a setting for easy/medium/hard mode. (could name it to "n00b", tekkit_pro, IC2_master)

Easy would be every permutation of the config on the easiest setting, medium would turn off the stuff that people complain about the most (all the recipe changes to items not in the mod, the forestry bronze setting, uncrafting metal blocks, etc) and hard would have everything on hardcore.

• Official Post

Lithium Pack does not work with the mining laser. Unsure if this is intended or not.

Hrrm, a Low Voltage Pack not usable in a Medium Voltage Item? Seems to be intended.

could name it to "n00b", tekkit_pro, IC2_master

So what's worse, "n00b" or "tekkit_pro"?

Edit:
    @DupeGlitch: I'm not able to reproduce it with BC-Wooden Pipes, so its NOT on my Side.

• Fuel should produce more EU than 196,000.
    As pointed out in the other generator thread... Oil & Fuel are non-renewable and finite when compared to making biomass/biofuel via trees, saplings, cactus basically anything 'green'.

There are only so many Oil blocks in a spawn... and to get more, you have to wander around looking for more. It's not something you can happily create an infinite supply of in your base. It's also not like lava where there is basically an infinite supply of in the nether that you can portal into your base in a large number of ways.

Plus when you consider Fuel... again based upon the limited resource of Oil, plus it does take some EU/MJ however you want to do it to convert it from Oil into Fuel. Fuel output must be significantly higher than Oil output when taking into account the EU/MJ required to convert it plus the time required to convert it... otherwise why even bother doing the conversion at all?

• Fuel should produce more EU than 196,000.
    As pointed out in the other generator thread... Oil & Fuel are non-renewable and finite when compared to making biomass/biofuel via trees, saplings, cactus basically anything 'green'.

There are only so many Oil blocks in a spawn... and to get more, you have to wander around looking for more. It's not something you can happily create an infinite supply of in your base. It's also not like lava where there is basically an infinite supply of in the nether that you can portal into your base in a large number of ways.

Plus when you consider Fuel... again based upon the limited resource of Oil, plus it does take some EU/MJ however you want to do it to convert it from Oil into Fuel. Fuel output must be significantly higher than Oil output when taking into account the EU/MJ required to convert it plus the time required to convert it... otherwise why even bother doing the conversion at all?

You need 125,000 EU to do the buildcraft fuel to IC2 fuel thingy. You only need 100? to make Buildcraft fuel into IC2 fuel. :Fuel:

• Uranium is pretty common and if you mine manually you get over 2x more then set up a breeder to further multiply the cells (~8x).

I have currently 4x (320EU/t) reactors + a hot single cycle automated breeder dumping power to single line which branches of to Matter fab and 2 MFSU's.

Works great, if MFSU's need power they get 33% of the capacity each but if theyr full then all goes to Matter fab. (and without a single piece of redstone I might add)

Yep, but that's still more mining than waiting your OP-Solar Pannels from ASP (looks like KSP lol) to charge your MFSU ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• A few unknown "Thingies"

• You need 125,000 EU to do the buildcraft fuel to IC2 fuel thingy. You only need 100? to make Buildcraft fuel into IC2 fuel. :Fuel:

I'm talking about the new diesel generator stuff... not the centrifuge/electrolizer recipes etc.
    The diesel generator is similar to this new mod: [Addon 1.110] Petroleum Generator 1.0 - burn baby burn.. for EU!
    So all the discussion regarding the values of EU from that thread are kind of relevant here.

To be more specific, I'm talking about this and the fact that I think BC-Fuel should be > 196,000EU for my above stated reasons.

Edit: Wait... what's BC Fuel vs IC2 Fuel? I thought there was only one single type of "Fuel". You take Oil.. put it into a Refinery and make Fuel. Isn't that the only Fuel in IC2? Or does "IC2 Fuel" mean Coalfuel Cells -> Canning Machine = Fuel Can?